Default Worried about rain at CN...

My group of 5 is set to return to CN on 8/1 - 8/7 and the forecast as of now appears to be full of rain. Anyone there now? Is it bad? Advice on how to deal with constant rain?

We were there this past week and the first two days it was beautiful in the mornings and then rained from about lunch time till dinner time. I am not going to lie we had more fun the rest of the week when there was less rain, but we sitll had a wonderful time on the rainy days.

There were lots of people who continued to swim in the pool/hottubs in the rain, the rain didnt seem to bother anyone at the swim up bar. You could spend a rainy afternoon napping in your room. Or what we did mostly was curl up somewhere under cover (my favorite place was the swings) with a good book and watch the storm.

Just about every forecast is full of rain. Do not let that bother you. You could have all sunny days too. You never know. Believe me, you will still have a great time. I am a sunny beach person but we still managed to have fun when it rained.

as Erin mentioned, the hottubs are a great place to hang out in a rain storm. try the AN hot tub, it's a bit bigger than the others.

the swings are a nice place to sit, and the bars a wonderful place to watch the storms from.

ENJOY!!!

You may get some rain, but there will be sun too.

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    My group of 5 is set to return to CN on 8/1 - 8/7 and the forecast as of now appears to be full of rain. Anyone there now? Is it bad? Advice on how to deal with constant rain?
    going to a carribean island mean the chance of rain.. we have neen to negril before and have had 7 days of non stop rain
    No matter how much you try to make it good all the resorts are based on outdoor beach type activities. Advise is
    1) accept it as you cant control it
    2) find your spot at the bar and adjust your plans accordingly
    3) sleep late stay up late - close the paino bar /disco and sleep till noon
    4) grab a floatie and drape it over your head as you sit in the hot tub
    wishing you lots of sun

Don't worry about it. It is always the three H's there so you always have a chance at rain.

We just returned from CSA and we had lots of rain...the most we have had in our 4 trips there. Lots of jellyfish, also. However, that being said, we still had lots of sun in the mornings and had a great trip!