Default Photographer 1 hour

We have decided to use the resort photographer because an outside photographer just simply doesn't fit our budget. I understand the resort photographer is only with you for an hour, Before, during and after the wedding. This seems very short and as though the pictures would be rushed. It's an extra 100.00 per hour for the resort photographer, is it worth it for an extra hour? Were looking for more natural poses and most of the pictures I seen seem like they do the same poses and scenery for every couple. Can you suggest where and how you want them done? Were getting married at CSS.

We totally understand about the budget deal!!! That's the whole reason we decided on a beach wedding!! I've heard if you tell the resort photographer what kind of pics you want, that they are very accommodating!!! Just explain what kinda pics you want, and they should be able to provide…I don’t think you have to reserve the extra hour before hand….so keep track of your time and if you’re getting close then ask for the extra hour….(check on the extra hour before hand!!)

peace & LOVE
    Jamie and Craig

I was in the same boat with the budget. We had Ralston as our resort photographer at CSA, he was great! My hubby and I did have some poses we wanted, so we asked and Ralston said let's do it! We did some in the lobby on the turquoise steps and then we did beach and ocean photo's. Also, if you meet or make new friends here on the message board or while you are Couples, you can always ask to do a "photo trade", for each others ceremony, if you are the only ones attending. OR, ask you guests to snap away. We did and had over 1200 photo's from our wedding and week at CSA. We put them all on a CD and gave out after the trip. Just an idea.

Apprentice: I'm also getting married at CSA in November. We have decided to use a resort photographer and go there with some ideas of what we want rather then the typical "staged" poses. My question to you is if you needed the extra hour with him? We also want lobby pics, garden pics & ocean pics. Was there enough time to do all of this after the ceremony, paper signing, cake & dance and of course, I'm assuming they are snapping pics all throughout the ceremony, etc. Thanks!

Miasma
    I didn't go into this on the first post, but our wedding on the beach was delayed about 1 1/2 hours due to mother nature and rain during the day that had delayed a lot of the beach weddings before ours and pushed ours to almost 6:00. So as our wedding ceremony ended it was dark, and we only had a few pics on the beach and Ralston did get pics of the cake cutting, toasting and first dance pics, then he generously asked if we would like to meet the next day at 10:00 a.m. to take photo's around the resort. We did pay a little more because we bought more pics, and spent about 1 1/2 hours with him the next day, but we were strolling and not in a hurry. And the small amount we paid extra was totally worth it. AND, we tipped Ralston extra.

It was above and beyond his duty, and we greatly appreciated it.

So, to answer your question, I can't say what the normal time frame would be, except from what I saw on other weddings. And normally the photo's are shot in a close proximity to the wedding and reception area, so adding a few poses of your own, shouldn't be very time consuming. BUT, you can discuss that with the wedding coordinator when you arrive, AND I would check with Debbie Hall to get more info. Depending on what time your wedding is, you might want to book another hour with the photographer the next day when it is beautiful and sunny and that would also enable you to spend more time with your guests, if you are having a reception.
    I hope that helps? let me know if I can give any more info.
    Apprentice

Apprentice, how many pictures did they end up taking? Did you have to pay for them to take the pictures or just for the time? How much did you end up spending if you don't mind me asking. I feel like a nervous wreck trying to figure all this pricing stuff out before hand. Any info would be great.

I am also planning on getting married at CSS in July 2012 (haven't booked yet, trying to decide if we are using a travel agent or go directly thru the resort???) and I was wondering how the picture situation worked as well... do you know if you get a CD with the images too? I didn't see anything about it on the pricing sheet. I am very money conscious and I like to know what I will be spending before i go as it makes me nervous not to know!!

Hi! I'm getting married at CN on May 28, 2011! I was wondering if anybody could email me pictures from there wedding day if they used the resort photographer? I also would like to see the cake. If they did your hair and make up tell me because I'm trying to figure out if I want to pay them all that money of if I should just do it myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm frantic!

Megan

We're also wondering about the hotel photographer. I'd love to see anyones pictures that got married already.