Default For Anyone That Has Traveled Continental Airlines Recently...

Do you know if they are letting folks take a small backpack as a personal item? Something that can fit in front or under your seat?
    I'm getting some discrepancies on this.
    Thanks!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Fly several times a month with work....never had an issue with a backpack...main thing I travel with.

Just flew Continential to Belize and had no issue carrying my backpack and my laptop bag.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Do you know if they are letting folks take a small backpack as a personal item? Something that can fit in front or under your seat?
    I'm getting some discrepancies on this.
    Thanks!
    You get one carry-on bag and one personal item in the cabin. A small backpack that fits under the seat qualifies as a personal item.

Here's the rules, straight from Continental.

Pretty much every other airline has similar rules.

You will have zero problems with a backpack. I do it all the time on Continental.

Thanks everyone!
    Yeah, since their website is not totally clear about backpacks, I was wondering about folks that have personally flown w/ one to see how they did w/ it.
    Hubby called this time last year about it & Continental said, no, but as he said, it could depend on who you talk to.
    I'll let him figure out the rest! lol

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We just came back from Colorado on Continental. My backpack was my personal item. Our "sissy bar bag" (for a motorcycle) was mr2cool's personal item. It was all good. We each had a small carryon suitcase as well.Sometimes I'm told I have to put my purse in the backpack, so I always make sure there is room,)