Thread: Customs Mess

Default Customs Mess

Did any of you get stuck in that big Customs mess at Montego Bay last week? The Jamaican newspaper said lines were like four hours long because of disgruntled customs workers. We got through there ok only to get held up in Charlotte customs which resulted in us and many many others missing our connecting flights. There has to be a better way to do that.

Sorry to hear that. We had the best luck ever when we got into MoBay on the 3rd. We were first in line at immigrations, and customs, in other words, we didn't have to wait in any lines. The only wait we had was in lounge and it wasn't long.
    Vicky

We went through last Sunday around 12:20 and were the first ones off of the plane. It took us about an hour to get through immigration and 15 minutes to get through customs. I've never (well in the last three trips) seen so many people going through at the same time. We thought it was because we arrived on a Sunday. Today it took us about an hour and a half to get through everything. Again more people than we've ever seen at one time (thinking because it was a Sunday). This was partly because my husband was randomly chosen for an extra security search. Now that was interesting..........hopefully that will be the only time that happens!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    We went through last Sunday around 12:20 and were the first ones off of the plane. It took us about an hour to get through immigration and 15 minutes to get through customs. I've never (well in the last three trips) seen so many people going through at the same time. We thought it was because we arrived on a Sunday. Today it took us about an hour and a half to get through everything. Again more people than we've ever seen at one time (thinking because it was a Sunday). This was partly because my husband was randomly chosen for an extra security search. Now that was interesting..........hopefully that will be the only time that happens!!
    hopefully he asked for the "blue" latax gloves. Worst case i am sure he knows how his prostate is doing

The "random" screening is not the fault of, and not always at the discretion of, security personnel. When we were being processed through the checkpoint on the way into the gate area on May 30, my wife was pulled out for additional screening because of a random flag on her e-ticket and boarding pass (the ticket was purchased in June 2009). She was also pulled out of line as we boarded out flight (that's right, twice for the same flight). Wifey is a grandmother in her mid-50's (ok, a SEXY granny!).
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I get secondary screening EVERY TIME I fly. Metal knee! You learn to live with it but it is still a PITA!

Chris,

I know that but you try and tell my husband that!!! He didn't seem to notice all the other "chosen" ones!!! He is such a PITA on the trip home anyway so this just made his mood that much more special!

Cindy

Default Right Place at the Right Time

We got in just before 10:00 am on Sunday the 11th, and breezed through. We were at CTI before 1:00 pm. We talked to some others at the resort that arrived a little later at the airport, and as a consequence, a lot later at the resort.