Thread: $500 Credit

Default $500 Credit

Does anyone know if Couples will offer the $500 shop credit for traveling in 2011?

It was offered for early bookings, but I think the offer expired on June 30th for 2011 bookings

Unless you are Canadian, like I am
    It expires at the end of July.

Yes, Couples did offer the $500 resort credit for 2011, and we are so glad that we will be able to take advantage of it. But the date for making your reservation to take advantage of the credit has already passed. The original deadline was April 30, but they did extend it, I believe to the end of June.

were did you read that about Canadians and the July date for the 500$?

Is this true for Canadians? We are booking today for a split in January and I though I had blown a chance at the credit!

Jamaicandaisy: Where do you see on the website the deal has been extended for Canadians - or were you just joking?

thanks!

No Joke!!
    I called me TA as soon as i read this and booked. We got the credit at both resorts!!! I am soooo excited! Is there such a thing as a massage overdose?

On the AirCanada website, and I was told by Randymon as well at some point.

I saw it on Air Canada Vacations website the other day as well. Their prices are still one of the highest though. If they came down or WestJet offered the same credit we would likely have booked already. The difference in paying full price or getting a deal can sometimes make the difference of one or two trips in a year. We prefer two if possible.

We are waiting for some deals for the end of November this year as well.

I agree that AC can be $$, but we were very very lucky with the price that we got. Lucky to find someone who could definately get us the best price. The price that we paid is by far lower than all of the other vacation companies out there.
    We lucked out.

Thanks Jamaicandaisy!!
    If I hadn't read your post we would have missed the credit!
    $1000 in spa credits will be heaven!

I agree that AC can be $$, but we were very very lucky with the price that we got. Lucky to find someone who could definately get us the best price. The price that we paid is by far lower than all of the other vacation companies out there.
    We lucked out.

Jamaicandaisy,

I take it you would be flying out of Toronto. What kind of deal did you get for what time frame and resort?
    I just look on the vacation travel sites and price it as a package and separately as a flight and through the Couples website and I am unable to find the great deals.
    If you don't want to, or are not allowed to put it on the MB, possibly you could send me the info privately. If its a great deal, then maybe we would be able to call the same TA to give them the businessas we are from the Toronto area as well.

Can't wait to book and start the planning!

Thanks

Its $500 per couple.....but you can still get serious spa time with that!

I would but unsure how to send a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Is this true for Canadians? We are booking today for a split in January and I though I had blown a chance at the credit!

Thia is true, but I don't know how much longer it will be offered. I called my TA yesterday to book a few more for our wedding party and he informed me that they still get the $500 credit.

Ruminiscing;

Do you use tripadvisor as well? If so please pm me on that, my screen name there is Marnietoronto.

I also use that site, with the same user name.

Default $500.00 Credit

We received an e-mail dated July30th from a travel company that we deal with and it stated that we would get the $500.00. We booked yesterday ( within 48 hours of receiving this e-mail ) and they are now telling us that we don't get the credit and that it was an error in their e-mail. We were told AFTER booking of course. Make sure you double, double check because it's not a great way to start a vacation plan when you're already disappointed the day after booking.

Quote Originally Posted by pandorastwin View Post
    We received an e-mail dated July30th from a travel company that we deal with and it stated that we would get the $500.00. We booked yesterday ( within 48 hours of receiving this e-mail ) and they are now telling us that we don't get the credit and that it was an error in their e-mail. We were told AFTER booking of course. Make sure you double, double check because it's not a great way to start a vacation plan when you're already disappointed the day after booking.
    If I were you, I would go after the travel company. The 500 credit ended for the american market on June 30 and you are clearly american (read your profile.) If they sold you the package and had offered the credit it should come out of their pocket.