Default How much spending money do we need?

We have booked our weddingmoon for
    August and everything seems to be included. After reading different post I see that's not the case. What is included and what should we expect to pay for? Thanks in advance.

Plan to pay for spa services and non included tour activities. Also- we just got back from CSA and the photographer came around. If you like their pics then you will plan to pay for those as well.

You'll need a few bucks to tip the luggage handlers at the airport. Your shuttle driver is not a Couples employee, and would appreciate a tip if you feel he has earned one. Spa employees at Couples may accept gratuities, but other than that you will not need to tip anybody. You'll want some money for coffee and rum on your way back, and perhaps for other souvenirs. If you take any off resort excursions, you may need to tip your guide or the catamaran crew, for example. We bring lots of one and five dollar bills. You'll find US dollars are widely accepted by vendors and shopkeepers, but you'll receive your change back in Jamaican money.
    Last edited by Cubismo; June 18th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
    nobody's favorite poster

I have no idea about the wedding $$ but for trip and stay itself, it really depends on what you mean. Couples is serious about the no tipping policy. The only things I remember spending $$ on during our trip were the spa, the gift shop, and tipping the bag handlers at the airport. The watersports at the hotel are all free as far as I can remember. The only thing that wasn't were jetskis because CSA is a green resort. I think we took 300-400 cash and brought some of that back. If you go to Margaritaville or Ricks you have to pay for your own food, drinks, etc. We always take a credit card for emergencies.

It really depends on what you plan to do and which resort you are staying at. If you are staying at CN or CSA a must do is Rick's Cafe. You'll need money for the shuttle and if you want drinks while there. If you're staying at CTI or CSS you might want to do Dunn's river. All the resorts have zip lines close enough for a half day trip.

If you plan on shopping or buying things from the vendors that set up on the resorts you'll need money for that. Most things on the resort can be charged to your room.

http://couples.com/10FAQ.htm#What_all-inclusive_means

Bring money for excursions, souvenirs, etc.

I don't think you would have to pay for much of anything, unless you want to upgrade your style. Please let me exsplain that statement: Dinning on the beach(private dinning) for a couple $150.00 but you get so much with that. You have a half hour muscle rub already with your package, if you need another, you'd have to pay... like that. But that's all, so if you want little exstras' you would have to pay for them. So just think like that. Enjoy yourselves is the important thing to do, and remember "No Worries Mon"
    We'll be there on 8/11-19 married on the 14 at Sans Souci, all are welcome to join in on this very personal moment. We love to meet and greet, and are looking to enjoy each other and have a great time with meeting new friends.

Your photos can be charged to your credit card, as can any off-resort excursions you may want to take, but as was stated, you'll need cash for tips for non-Couples employees. At a minimum, that would include the airport baggage porter, the shuttle driver, the spa employees and your minister.

I hate to put a number on it, since there are a lot of variables, but I know it's helpful, so I'd say that if you don't plan on going off the resort or indulging a ton in spa services, I'd venture to say that you could bring $100 in small-ish bills and go home with change. (Obviously, that number would go up if you want to buy souvenirs from vendors, purchase videos and/or pictures on included off-resort excursions like Dunn's Rivers, etc....)

Congratulations on your wedding.

What items have you read about that you need to pay for. Perhaps that would help us better answer your question.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

When we leave the resort, we never owe any money. We take a few $5.00 bills to tip baggage handlers and van driver and that is it. We do not use the spa and I may buy a few things in the gift shop but that is it. You don't need much money. There really is no tipping!

$297.38

$300 in 10s, 5s and 1s

We haven't already booked any of our off resort excursions, were planning to when we arrive...can we pay for those with a credit card or should we have cash for them as well? one week left, thanks in advance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    You'll need a few bucks to tip the luggage handlers at the airport. Your shuttle driver is not a Couples employee, and would appreciate a tip if you feel he has earned one. Spa employees at Couples may accept gratuities, but other than that you will not need to tip anybody. You'll want some money for coffee and rum on your way back, and perhaps for other souvenirs. If you take any off resort excursions, you may need to tip your guide or the catamaran crew, for example. We bring lots of one and five dollar bills. You'll find US dollars are widely accepted by vendors and shopkeepers, but you'll receive your change back in Jamaican money.