Thread: Margaritaville

Default Margaritaville

If we take the 5 PM trip to Margaritaville from CSA, is it safe to walk along the beach back to resort around 5:45? Just want to check it out and maybe buy a t-shirt

Default margaritaville

Have walked several time from csa to margaritaville with no real problems. Have always felt safe. You will be approched by vendors and people selling smoke. Just be polite and everything is ire.

Definitely walkable and safe. Don't stay too long -- the food and drinks are overpriced and not nearly as good as what you'd get back at CSA.

it is real safe, actually you can walk there, it might take you 5 - 10 minutes walking the beach, we do it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by beachbumsDD View Post
    If we take the 5 PM trip to Margaritaville from CSA, is it safe to walk along the beach back to resort around 5:45? Just want to check it out and maybe buy a t-shirt
    I'm assuming you made a typo. Either that or you're only planning to stay 45 minutes at Maggieville (which IMO is 44.99 minutes too long, but that's fodder for a separate subject).

So I'll assume you meant that you plan to head back around 8:45pm. Altho we only walked passed the place during our day visit to CSA, it seemed to be a fairly short walk, relatively speaking....maybe a quarter mile to half mile tops. I recall it was mostly resorts that filled the space along the beach between CSA and M-Ville, so while I don't have any direct experience from which to draw, my guess is the walk should be pretty public, meaning pretty safe. And besides, even around 9pm, it's probably not yet completely dark either.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We did it several times and didn't have any problems at all!

What a GREAT question!...I hope someone is able to answer...

peace & LOVE
    Jamie and Craig

Yes, but why bother? There's nothing at Margaritaville besides overpriced drinks and food that you've already paid for a Couples. If you want an M-ville t-shirt, you can buy them in the airport.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by beachbumsDD View Post
    The beach during day light hours is perfectly safe after dark it is safe as well just keep your common sense....

As far as margarittaville why not wait till you leave, visitng the one in the airport same food same shirts. If you never been to negril i would strongly suggest spending your time at places that are not found in an airport.
    btw from csa it is an easy 10 minute walk

Default Safe to walk the Beach

My husband and I have walked the beach many times during the evening . . . no worries you'll be safe!

We did it - it really isn't that far - and you will have fun. It's pricey for drinking, but what the hey, right?

We were there in June and walked down to Margaritaville and father in the afternoon, (I wouldnt do it in the dark though). We felt safe, just be ready for everyone to try to sell you something. No thank-you works well if your not interested. And dont tell the vendors where your staying cause prices may go up. lol

Just walk to Margaritaville whenever you feel like it. It is a 10 min walk on the beach.

Pretty easy to find, go to the water, turn left.

Yes, it is safe to walk on the beach at anytime. Also remember to take the Margaritaville mixing class on Tuesdays at 11am by Oliver. You'll get a very good sampling of the Margaritas!

walk up and back....its not a long walk and yes its safe....but like anywhere else be aware of your surroundings. I have done it many times! enjoy

If I were you...I'd skip it. There is a Margaritaville at the airport when you fly home if you really feel the need for a t-shirt.

We went our first trip to CN in 2009 and this past January when we were at CN again we told everyone to skip it...no one listened and they wish they had. The music was horrible, the food was forgettable and the $15 Margarita's were so watered down and not worth it. Everyone got back on the bus the first chance they got and went back to the resort...and the bus wouldn't start. Luckily we had a mechanic in the group. The t-shirts and everything were the same price at the airport. Besides you end up at the airport with so much time to kill you can even eat there if you want.

There are plenty of things to do off the resort and some of them free like they usually have a trip to a bar at sunset. That we did and loved!!! In 2009 they took you to another resort called the Caves which is by the light house and was so cool. The place only has like 12 rooms and a bar area away from the guests that they open to the public until after sunset. The drinks were cheap...I think we did like 3 rounds and it was $12 and the staff was cool as hell. When we were at CN this past January the sunset trip was someplace else and we never got a chance to go but heard it was fun. We are going in 2011 and are seriously thinking about a taxi ride to the Caves if CN doesn't offer the trip.

The other thing that we haven't done just because it is always to choppy is the catamaran...everyone has a blast on that and we hope to go next time

I should have mentioned it in my earlier post but I would recommend that if you want to do one of the offsite excursions like Margaritaville - I'd go to Rick's Cafe. There they do have cliff diving and a more enjoyable atmosphere.

I really like the suggestions to just stop at the one in the airport - you can get the same t-shirts as the one in Negril.

Quote Originally Posted by maywillcomehard View Post
    The beach during day light hours is perfectly safe after dark it is safe as well just keep your common sense....

As far as margarittaville why not wait till you leave, visitng the one in the airport same food same shirts. If you never been to negril i would strongly suggest spending your time at places that are not found in an airport.
    btw from csa it is an easy 10 minute walk
    Actually that is sorta incorrect. My wife wanted a 5:00 somewhere shirt, the ones at the airport say Margaritaville Montego Bay. The ones down the beach from CSA say Margaritaville Negril