Default Passport question

I have never traveled before and I was wondering has anyone traveled to jamaica or I suppose anywhere with a passport that was less then six months old. If this helps I will be taking either jet blue or continental airlines to jamacia, I am from new jersey. Any help will definitely put me and my boyfriends mind at ease.

I don't think the age of the passport has anything to do with traveling. We hadn't had ours long when we went last year..not sure how old they were but we hadn't had them long and that was our first trip out of the country.
    You won't have any issues...just make sure to take pens along with you to fill the paperwork out they give you on the plane...read it carefully and answer all questions on that and you will be OK. If it isn't complete they can have you step out of line, fill it out and have to go back to wait in line. Enjoy the trip....no worries mon.

marguline

Your passport is valid for travel the day you get it. Some countries require a VISA before coming to that country. Jamaica does not require a VISA. Just have your ticket and passport ready at the TSA checks and customs desk. Bring a pen with you to fill out the customs form on the plane. Make photo copies of your passports and give them to a relative or trusted friend. I always keep a copy in my carry on bag as well.
    Have fun and enjoy.

Six months becomes an issue only when your passport is nearing expiration. Some countries will not allow you to immigrate if your passport will expire within six months.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You will have no problems with your passpaort. What part of New Jersey? I am from South Jersey and my wife and I are going back to CTI for the 10th time this Sept. We fly out of Philly on Air Jamaica... lucky us our flight leaves at 6AM.....

scottnkim, do you get the question "Jamaica again?" We have our 5th trip to CSA booked for April 2011. Can't wait!

I am from northern jersey, essex county to be specific. I feel so much better now that my question had been answered. I have been thinking of taking a flight out of PA but the airport is nearly two hrs away from me. I would have to either spend the night there before my flight or just wake up extra early and drive there.

Quote Originally Posted by marguline View Post
    I have never traveled before and I was wondering has anyone traveled to jamaica or I suppose anywhere with a passport that was less then six months old. If this helps I will be taking either jet blue or continental airlines to jamacia, I am from new jersey. Any help will definitely put me and my boyfriends mind at ease.
    New passports are fine, they can not be expiring in the next six month. Also from NJ would recommend the JETBLUE flight from JFK. Took it last year, and book on same flight for November. Have Fun

We recieved our passports about 4 months before we left for Jamaica in June of this year, No problems.

some places like you to have more than 6 months remaining on your passport when youu travel, but Jamaica is not one of them. there should never be a problem with new passports.

Hey guys - we're from brooklyn...i too would recommend the Jetblue flight - best terminal in NYC and really comfy - we took it last year. This year we are going in September but we are flying air jamaica out of JFK - exact same price as Jetblue but it leaves way earlier so you don't spend your first day of vacation just travelling... we are hoping to be at the resort by noon Plus the return flight is 7PM which gives us a half-day at the resort....

In 2004, we flew to Barbodos on passports that had been issued the day before our flight. We hadn't realized we needed a passport (Barbodos had changed their entrance requirements since we had been there previously). We had to have our passport process expedited. So, yes, you are definitely OK.

My hubby & I got our passports 1 month prior to going to CTI we had no problems what so ever! Was also our first trip out of the country. Hope this helps and I hope you have an awesome vacation Can't wait to get back home in February 2011!!!!!

Hey Gayle Ann,

We get the Jamaica again? : ) A friend who was there with us last year on our third trip put it well. Why go somewhere else when this place is perfect. Is the sand, sun and Caribbean going to be that much different on another island? True.

Scottnkim....you must be from below Trenton as you said from South Jersey. We grew up outside of Philly and I can always get an idea of where in Jersey somewhere is from if they say New Jersey or South Jersey.