Thread: Airfare deals

Default Airfare deals

I was just curious if anyone has found any good airfare deals out of Kansas City for January 2011.

I was going to ask if anyone knew the best time to book airfare. We fly out of St. Louis March 2011, and wondered if it is cheaper to book now or if we should wait. Our 2 previous trips airfare was included in our package, and we booked Couples seperate this time.

You might wait a little longer. We've found prices are pretty good about 4 months out. Of course, that is leaving from Denver. Might or might not be the same from KC.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Cheap airfare is a tough animal to stalk... even tougher to bring down when you find it.

All I can say is good luck. There are a few websites that offer advice on which days are cheapest to fly. There are also some tracking websites that watch for bargain fares and alert you when they become available. Can't remember what they are, however.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I found great airfare last week for flights out of Philly for January '11. I check every couple of days just for curiosity. I was bit nervous about booking but they were the flights we wanted at a great price. Two days later the price went up but still not as high as previous prices. We fly USAirways. I recommend just checking every couple of days and if the price seems right book. I have seen prices drop about four months out like ColoradoJuli said. Good luck.

Unless you find a really killer price, I would also suggest waiting. If you book this early, the odds are quite good that the flight schedule will change between now and then, and that can be a big hassle.

KC, have you checked Air Tran?

I'm in the same boat searching for my soon to be mom-in-law for our wedding at CTI in October, MO has some of the highest prices I've seen. I've been price searching the flights for October out of MCI and STL since they were available, which was around last November/December, and they have been stagnate. Anywhere from 480-650 has been what I've seen, and I'm a travel agent. Air Tran is the cheapest with the prices averaging $480...If you find something better, please let me know as well!!!

Check daily. Or several times per day. http://www.itasoftware.com Click on "Search Airfares Using QPX." You can't book through it, but it will return the cheapest rates on all airlines. And you can do a month long search for trips of x, or x-y, number of nights. Good tool.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceandKelli View Post
    Check daily. Or several times per day. http://www.itasoftware.com Click on "Search Airfares Using QPX." You can't book through it, but it will return the cheapest rates on all airlines. And you can do a month long search for trips of x, or x-y, number of nights. Good tool.
    Tru' dat. We used this web site to get our airfare prices last summer. Also true about the prices seeming to be stuck at current levels. We got ours at about $380 for our trip next month out of STL, we booked the flight last July and held our breath for the schedule to hold. All is well for us as the times and flights have held both going and coming back, we leave four weeks from tuesday.

We are in the planning stages for a trip next June as well. We will probably book through Couples directly for our room and then watch the web for air prices. I guess you just have to play the game these days.

Check this web site for flights to MBJ, travelone.com I've been watching, planning our third trip to CSA in April of 2011.

JD
    Ohio

Woohoo, USA3000 added $99 one way flights out of STL for March 2011. Glad I waited to book my flight, and the best part is NO LAYOVERS!

I highly highly recommend using YAPTA. We use it for every trip now, and find that it makes life SO much easier when it comes to booking flights. They send you an email if your fare goes up or down. It even allowed us to get a $60 credit on JetBlue to use toward future flights when the fares went down last year. Woot Woot.

Have a great day!
    Vee

Wow! Zombie thread!

Since this has bumped up to the active level I thought I would throw this out. Checked prices out of STL for next June. About $380 per person, round trip. With fees and taxes (not including baggage) we price out at about $980 for the two of us. I just might book our flights for next year at those prices. It is very close to what we paid for our airfare this past summer.

Any other thoughts?