Default CTI Rooms - Mini-bar

Do all rooms have a mini-bar or only the suites ?

only the jr suites and suites. You don't really use the mini bars much though.

Thanks suzancr

Quote Originally Posted by suzancr View Post
    only the jr suites and suites. You don't really use the mini bars much though.
    [With CTI being more "compact" you are never far from a bar.
    Vicky

I know that everyone says that u don't need the minibar but, in my experience with other resorts, I drink at the bar and use my minibar. I guess it's different at Couples. I like to have me a cocktail or 2 just relaxing at night on the balcony or patio. I don't want to have to carry it with me. My husband & I booked the ocean jr. suite for that reason. Since this will be our first trip to Couples, we will see if we should have saved our money or was it worth our money. We both can put away some liquor.

spice505...did you find the jr suite was worth it?
    Sounds like it would be something I'd like!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Wileeandrr, we haven't been to Couples yet. Our trip is not until 09/11/11so we have a while to wait. If it's something that u want, then IMO, it's worth it. Like I said, we don't want to be carrying all that stuff back to the room. Even at home, we just sit on the porch and have a drink or 2 or 3. (lol)It was worth the extra money to us. Let me know what u decide.

My wife and I are not big drinkers. We had a bottle of Appleton and a bottle of Vodka brought up to the room, and had 3 drinks from them.

We made more use of the juice, Ting, ginger-ale and Pepsi, but not enough to justify the extra cost.

We still felt the extra cost was worth it for the following reasons:

1) It was a special occasion (25th anniversary) and we wanted a special room.

2) The view was awesome. At night people would sit on the main patio, looking out at the Island. We sat on our balcony (same view, only from the 4th floor).

3) The jacuzzi tub was a great way to end each day.

4) The extra room as nice, especially on the two mornings that we had breakfast brought up to the room.

5) We loved opening the doors to the balcony and hearing the surf every morning.

6) Even though we are not big drinkers, the option to have a drink in our room was there.

Had we gone with the lowest cost room, I am confident that we would have enjoyed ourselves. It has been 7 weeks since we left Couples (seems much longer!) and my wife is still talking about how much she loved our room, and how glad she is that we "splurged".

Doing something special for her made me feel better than any bottle could!

My wife and I went for our honeymoon the first week of August and got a jr ocean suite. I know our situation was unique but we not once used the hot tub and rarely used the minibar. I drank the Carib beers while getting ready for dinner but we ordered bottle of Appletons and Vodka and we only poured one drink from each and that was because we felt we needed to since we paid extra for it. My wife drinks wine so I would bring up two glasses and put one in the fridge so that was convenient. WHEN we go back for our one year anniversary (hopefully) we will not be getting the suites.

I know at CN all rooms come with the mini bar, but we like that feature and it was one of the reasons of choosing that resort. Even though CN is compact as well and the bars aren't far, we enjoy a drink in the afternoon before we go out to dinner and then later in the evening sitting on the balcony listening to the nighttime sounds. For some it isn't an issue, for others it really is, it really depends on your personal preferences. If we book TI, we will definitely choose a room with a mini bar because it DOES matter to us. And the rooms and views look wonderful too!

adam&britt, why didn't you ask them to bring bottles of wine. We had everything in our one bed suite last year and mainly drank the wine. They restocked us every day, red and white.

25th@CTI, u can have room service for breakfast. I was under the assumption that CTI didn't have room service options. On our actual anniversary day next year, I would love to have breakfast in the room. Is it a full or continental breakfast?

CTI, I believe, has continental breakfast options for room service.