Default CTI zipline and birds at resort

We are visiting CTI in December and we are interested in doing a zipline. A silly question for anyone who has done one near CTI...Are there many birds flying while you are flying through the air? I know this is likely, however I have a terrible phobia of birds and do not want to book something I cannot do. Also, two years ago (early September) at CN there were a lot of birds in the morning during the breakfast buffet. Does anyone know if this will be the same at CTI in December? Thanks for all your help!

We went with Chukka last November while we were at CTI. No I don't remember seeing very many if any birds while doing the zip lining. There were several black birds (one here and one there, not all together) that would hang around the buffet to get any food dropped or left unattended especially during breakfast. That was near the outside of the buffet, so if you sit closer to the actual food or at the inner tables it shouldn't be too bad. CTI is beautiful...have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsi84 View Post
    We went with Chukka last November while we were at CTI. No I don't remember seeing very many if any birds while doing the zip lining. There were several black birds (one here and one there, not all together) that would hang around the buffet to get any food dropped or left unattended especially during breakfast. That was near the outside of the buffet, so if you sit closer to the actual food or at the inner tables it shouldn't be too bad. CTI is beautiful...have fun!
    How did you get to the zipline place? Fiance and I are dying to do this but were unsure how to get trasportation to and from the site .. I've been told by friends who have been to Jamaica to avoid taking any kind of taxis ..

Default Ziplining

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBeMrs! View Post
    How did you get to the zipline place? Fiance and I are dying to do this but were unsure how to get trasportation to and from the site .. I've been told by friends who have been to Jamaica to avoid taking any kind of taxis ..
    I would be interested in finding out how to arrange this as well. Any contact infor available or will the resort have info??

We did the zipline 2 years ago and last week we went on the ATV tour, both through Chukka from CSS. A bus from Chukka picks you up at the resort to transport you to the ranch where the tours start. No taxis are involved. The bus stopped at other resorts to pick up other people for tours. The same bus and driver will return you to the resort at the end of your tour event. With the exception of extended waits at other resorts (especially at a certain "S" resort) for people that were not ready to go, it was very convenient. Since with the bus you are in the hands of the tour company, even a delay in arriving at the ranch for your tour is not a problem.

Steve

Steveandbarb: What did you think of the ATV tour? Was it "worth" the cost? How high up did you get to go?

There's a tour desk right across from where you check-in in the CTI lobby. She's there most of the time during the day/evening and there are brochures sitting out. She will arrange it all for you. I think it was like $105 per person but that included transportation and everything and was worth it. It is likely you'll have to go to some other resorts to pick up other people since it is not something associated with Couples. It was a lot of fun and we would do another tour through Chukka again. We never took a taxi...not sure we will ever be that brave! The bus drivers are fine though!

We're going to CSA in November and we're undecided on what we're going to venture off the resort to see, but we want to do something to see that side of the island like we did in Ocho Rios.

The ATV tour was fun and, for us, we thought it was worth the money. We had only us and another couple on our tour and rode for about an hour on a big loop around the ranch. It was a pretty rugged trail and with some recent rain we got pretty muddy. We did not go up into the mountains but there was some fairly steep hills. There were a few smooth spots that we could open the ATVs up to almost full speed. At the end of the ride we stopped at a picnic area by the sea for swimming and cliff diving. it was a beautiful spot and the cliffs were about 20' high for some good diving. After cooling off (and cleaning off) for about 30 minutes we hopped back on our rides and headed back to the parking lot. We left the resort at 8am and returned just after noon.