Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ladyabosso View Post
    hi fiona,
    what exactly do couples supply in the way of toiletries as we are ALWAYS overweight in luggage on the way home. I take everything, shampoo,shower gel, sun lotions and after sun, could I leave anything at home do you think? Thanks for any advice, Linda
    Linda
    Its getting close......you could prob leave the shampoo and shower gel at home.....but I never do.....you get used to your own brand....We are doing east jet to Gatwick from Glasgow so going to have to be really careful what I pack...they are also stingers... The last time I packed far too many outfits and far too many shoes.....The atmosphere is so relaxed.....dont worry...Only booked it 2 weeks ago and have 17 days til we leave and not sorted anything I am (Very unlike me)that chilled out about it...

Fiona..xx

HI ALL:

Wife and I are going to CSS 10/3-10/8. I am a YANK, but she is a full blooded BRIT. She is originally from Wellingborough. We have been married 30 years, and will be re-newing our vows on 10/6. We are so excited about making our first visit to Couples. I am 100% positive we will not be disappointed. Hopefully we will run into a few of you Brits while we are there.

Mark & Yvonne
    Indianapolis, IN

Quote Originally Posted by FR&RR View Post
    Chill is the best advice......Searched this message board before we went the last time .....took far too much stuff......you need very little for day wear( but its humid so your suits don't dry quickly on the balcony so will take a few) it is very beach and pool orientated hol... and although we left all shampoos sun creams and the like behind and bought very little they still charged us over weight at Monego Bay on the way home....And trust me you will not argue with then...We only left resort once the last time.... Mayfiels Falls will never forget it...so romantic...we just chilled every day .....Have never done that in Spain or anywhere else in Europe...Try the sailing and other water sports ...soo much fun...we sailed every morning...Went to Mexico last year wished we and not bothered ...Couples is the best...not long til paradise..

Fionaxx
    Thanks for the update Fiona - anything helps :-) Mayfiels Falls, is that separate to Dunns River trip? Sorry if that's a silly question. Also, did you do a trip that went to Bob Marley's house by any chance?

Getting excited now - you? Another silly question :-))

Smile

Belinda

Mayfield falls is in Negril we stayed at CN on our last visit.....We did not do the Bob Marley house or Margartaville...we had planned to but were that happy in the resort chilling.....We just did not bother.....WE are planning to do Dunn River Falls the tues or Fri we are there because there are not cruise ships in on those days(I Checked).....But we may not....will see how the mood takes us...lol..

Yes am getting excited but need to get my finger out and get organised....apart from some sun cream I have bought nothing..Will be more excited when I am organised

Fiona..x

Hi Lee and Terri,

We will be at CTI Oct. 8th until Oct. 16th. We are Brits who have lived in the States for 13 years. We use to live in Thame, Oxon. Hope we get a chance to meet before you move on to Sans Souci.

Julie

Belinda

Mayfield falls is in Negril we stayed at CN on our last visit.....We did not do the Bob Marley house or Margartaville...we had planned to but were that happy in the resort chilling.....We just did not bother.....WE are planning to do Dunn River Falls the tues or Fri we are there because there are not cruise ships in on those days(I Checked).....But we may not....will see how the mood takes us...lol..

Yes am getting excited but need to get my finger out and get organised....apart from some sun cream I have bought nothing..Will be more excited when I am organised

Fiona..x
    Thanks for last update - my head is spinning with what, when, how and that's before all the packing, but looking forward to being at the airport 'cause then the holiday begins ☺ and chilling - so maybe we won't move much - other than to Sans souci the 2nd week!!

Good luck getting ready - least its going to worth it ☺ ☺

Take care x

Talking Cant Wait!

We are at CSS from 9 Oct - 23 Oct and really really cannot wait - counting down the hours, not just the days!

Two weeks of just chilling and quality time together.... and lots of sun!!

We are from the East Kent coast - and looking forward to some warm, clear water rather than the English Channel to swim in!

Looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Andy and Katie (both in our early 40s and celebrating just over 3 years of wonderful married life) x

Belinda

Fiona..x
    Well today we started to get a few things in; imodium blah blah...You mentioning sun cream though, that did stop us in our tracks - is it best to buy when at the Resort so you get the right stuff/best factor? We picked it up today then put it back on the shelf; so indecisive but want to get it right!!!
    Regarding Dunns River, just to update you, I'm doing some homework now on this holiday!! Sundays isn't a bad day for the trip, as no cruise ships and the little village is usually shut as the people are at Church and apparently it can be a pain getting through without hassle....
    Laters x

Quote Originally Posted by andyandkatie View Post
    We are at CSS from 9 Oct - 23 Oct and really really cannot wait - counting down the hours, not just the days!

We are from the East Kent coast - and looking forward to some warm, clear water rather than the English Channel to swim in!

Andy and Katie (both in our early 40s and celebrating just over 3 years of wonderful married life) x
    Hi, I think I may have just responded to you on another page re: currency (??) I'm getting some answers now by searching, just found the search button, as well as asking - Fiona has been very informative. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by Belindab View Post
    Well today we started to get a few things in; imodium blah blah...You mentioning sun cream though, that did stop us in our tracks - is it best to buy when at the Resort so you get the right stuff/best factor? We picked it up today then put it back on the shelf; so indecisive but want to get it right!!!
    Regarding Dunns River, just to update you, I'm doing some homework now on this holiday!! Sundays isn't a bad day for the trip, as no cruise ships and the little village is usually shut as the people are at Church and apparently it can be a pain getting through without hassle....
    Laters x
    Always buy the sun cream here... My wee hubby is delicate and needs the Pizz Brun sensitive to help with his prickly heat....lol....,and thats as far as my sympathy goes....But factor 30 for him and 15 for me along with factor 50 face cream..He is away to work this morning and will not be home for 10 days.....so have got his stuff together...not packed but organised.....will sort myself out next week....Honestly after our last visit I am so chilled....You wont need the imodium.....Food and drink are awesome.....Keep it for your next visit to the canaries...lol.....We don't come in til Sat Evening so if we do Dunns Falls will be the Tuesday...Meeting up with American Friends that we met at CN in 07 completely by chance our dates were unmoveable and only booked it 3 weeks ago....xx

Andy and katie
    Are you going out on the same flight as us ....Virgin From Gatwick@12.30 ish (would need to check) on the 9th? Rob and I are also in our VERY early 40's and have been married 3 and 1/2 years

Fiona.xx

Andy and katie
    Are you going out on the same flight as us ....Virgin From Gatwick@12.30 ish (would need to check) on the 9th? Rob and I are also in our VERY early 40's and have been married 3 and 1/2 years

Fiona.xx
    Hi Fiona

Yes we are on the same flight ,you'll easily spot me as I will have the biggest smile in the world as my wonderful husband has booked us into Upper Class (Kenwood Travel were doing a fab upgrade price that he just couldnt refuse!)

We are overnighting at the Hilton but we now have a funeral to go to on Friday afternoon, so it wont be quite the chilled relaxing afternoon/evening we had planned - well at least we still have each other unlike my friend who has just lost her husband )

I like the VERY early 40s bit - thats us too!

Looking forward to meeting you two and if we dont see you at Gatwick - we'll see you in the arrivals lounge!!

Katie

Hi Katie

Upper Class ......Check you......lol....We only booked 3 or so weeks ago so did not get any fab prices on any thing ....but hey ho its worth it...... We are overnighting in the holiday inn we stay at them wherever we go and collect the points...We will be the ones in the virgin lounge who are at the bar.....We are scottish...lol..xx

not long now....Will have to start and think about getting my stuff together....See you 10 sleeps...nearly doing the single digit dance..Cant wait

Fiona...xx

Default Virgin Lounge

Hi Katie

Upper Class ......Check you......lol....We only booked 3 or so weeks ago so did not get any fab prices on any thing ....but hey ho its worth it...... We are overnighting in the holiday inn we stay at them wherever we go and collect the points...We will be the ones in the virgin lounge who are at the bar.....We are scottish...lol..xx

not long now....Will have to start and think about getting my stuff together....See you 10 sleeps...nearly doing the single digit dance..Cant wait

Fiona...xx
    Hi Fiona,
    What's this about the Virgin Lounge? we will be travelling from Gatwick 30th oct, but I thought the Lounge was for people who had booked upper class only and we haven't!!LOL xx

Always buy the sun cream here... My wee hubby is delicate and needs the Pizz Brun sensitive to help with his prickly heat....lol....,and thats as far as my sympathy goes....But factor 30 for him and 15 for me along with factor 50 face cream..He is away to work this morning and will not be home for 10 days.....so have got his stuff together...not packed but organised.....will sort myself out next week....Honestly after our last visit I am so chilled....You wont need the imodium.....Food and drink are awesome.....Keep it for your next visit to the canaries...lol.....We don't come in til Sat Evening so if we do Dunns Falls will be the Tuesday...Meeting up with American Friends that we met at CN in 07 completely by chance our dates were unmoveable and only booked it 3 weeks ago....xx
    Thanks for the heads up Fiona - all this info is so helpful prior to going from yourselves and the like who have previously been, rather than just reading from a generalised pamphlet. Have a good weekend, your last before you goooooooooooo :-) x

Hi Fiona,
    What's this about the Virgin Lounge? we will be travelling from Gatwick 30th oct, but I thought the Lounge was for people who had booked upper class only and we haven't!!LOL xx
    Look on Virgins web site.....Its called the VRoom at gatwick....It also fast tracks you through security...You can pay for it......Ours came with the package....We too are not going upper class

Fiona

Hi Fiona,
    If you have booked with Virgin Holidays you can book/use the V-Room - I think its about 17 pp.

Hope this helps.

Katie

Hi Katie

Fiona...xx
    Ooohh - great to have only booked 3 weeks ago - how exciting!!
    We booked in January - they have been doing UC deals on and off since we booked - on some occasions it would have been cheaper to lose the deposit and re-book with the UC flights - eventually they saw sense and sold them to us at a decent price...lol

We use our Tesco point to pay for the Hilton - its so easy to just wander over in the morning

I already have most stuff laid out ready to pack - i think that this will be this weekends job as if history is anything to go by work goes t*ts up the day before I finish

I think today is SSD - whoop whoop

enjoy the last few days.....

Katie x

Ooohh - great to have only booked 3 weeks ago - how exciting!!
    We booked in January - they have been doing UC deals on and off since we booked - on some occasions it would have been cheaper to lose the deposit and re-book with the UC flights - eventually they saw sense and sold them to us at a decent price...lol

We use our Tesco point to pay for the Hilton - its so easy to just wander over in the morning

I already have most stuff laid out ready to pack - i think that this will be this weekends job as if history is anything to go by work goes t*ts up the day before I finish

I think today is SSD - whoop whoop

enjoy the last few days.....

Katie x
    Katie
    What do you mean by uc Flights ....am confused if there is a way to get a better deal do tell....I booked direct with Virgin...

Well I went to hall my stuff out last night.....Decided I hated half my dresses...and went shopping today...

Have a good weekend...
    Fiona x

Katie
    What do you mean by uc Flights ....am confused if there is a way to get a better deal do tell....I booked direct with Virgin...

Well I went to hall my stuff out last night.....Decided I hated half my dresses...and went shopping today...

Have a good weekend...
    Fiona x
    We booked with Kenwood Travel. They have been offering an upgrade to Virgin Upper Class flights to Jamaica on and off throughout the summer from 600pp return (there normal charge was from 1500pp return).
    When we paid the balance we asked about the cost to upgrade and it was 700 pp so we went for it - its not our usual cabin class!!!

I think i'm just about done on the shopping front - for the moment anyway - i'm sure i'll just have to pick up a few last minute bits next week

Enjoy your shopping and hope your weekend isnt too rainy!

Katie x

Default Virgin UC

Hi all

Booked 8 weeks ago with Kenwood, offer then was 500 upgrade to UC return, absolute bargain, we are going to CSS 9 Nov for 7 nights, however flying to Kingston, fitst time to Jamaica.

K

We're from the East Midlands and off to CSA on 8th Jan for two weeks (89 days and counting).
    We have been to CTI in Nov 07 and CSA Jan 10. Had such an awesome time at CSA in Jan, promised myself I would go back for my 40th birthday this coming Jan.
    We haven't been off resort much as we tend to be busy diving and playing golf, with some quality relaxing in between.
    Can't wait to go back...

Smile

Hi We are Julie and Pete Brits going to Swept Away on 6th Nov, first timers and getting married on 13th Nov midday, which is Pete's birthday. hope to catch up with a few Brits while we are there. You are all invited to our reception as there's only the two of us going xx

SIngle digit day tomorrow! So ready for the sun for two glorious weeks!

2 weeks tomorrow for us until we arrive at CSS & can't wait!! Its awful really wishing your life away but we are so looking forward to some sun & relaxation. Our Virgin flight has been put back a bit so we probably won't get there until after 8pm - look out for a tired looking couple at the beach party on the 9th!! To all that are leaving in the next few weeks hope you have a wonderful time & hope to meet up with you all at some stage.
    Alyson & Gary

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast