Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Talking Any Brits out there?

This section seems to be mostly occupied by our American cousins (whom I am looking forward to seeing at CSS in November! Can't wait!) How about a Brit thread? Who are you? Where are you from and which Couples resorts have you been to? Any hints and tips for us newbies would be most welcomed.

We are John & Jenny, we are from SE London and we are staying at CSS for our first time in Jamaica from 2nd - 16th November. Catch up soon!

Smile

Yeh, we are from Glasgow. We are newbies too, never been to any Couples resort but planning a trip later this year or early next year to CN. Can't wait. How long are you going for? Can't decide between 7 and 10 days!

Well Amoricksen we are going for 14 nights. 10 hours flight away is a lot of travelling for 7 days and 10 days is not quite enough when you're having a great time! A work colleague went to a hotel in St James Barbados on my recommendation and he said that he had wished he had booked 14 days instead of 10. This sets our benchmark. After all our research we decided that CSS looked the best for a romantic couply sort of holiday so that's where we booked. If up to date modern rooms are your bag then CTI might be a better fit. Not so secluded though I think. Happy choosing! John

I'd love to go for 14 nights, but I'm not sure the budget can stretch to that at the moment lol. 10 days is definately more appealing than 7 though and you are right, it's a long flight for seven days. The first Couples resort I read about was CN so I read hundreds of reviews and was hooked. After reading loads of threads on here though, I keep changing my mind, but I like the sound of an intimate smaller resort and I'm not too fussed on ultra modern rooms. As long as the rooms are clean I'm happy. I just hope CN is the right decision though, I don't want the months of research to be for nothing.

Yep I am from West Midlands and getting marries at CSS in June 2011 & cant wait. We r staying for 14 nights.

Have not been to Jamaica/Couples before so all in new for me.

We are Stuart & Pauline from Basingstoke, We were at CSS in March and are returning in March 2011 - 8 days at CN & 11 days at CSS.

Smile Brits

Hi, We are coming on 30th October for 2 weeks with Virgin. We couldn't get the November 2nd Flight so we are coming a few days before you. we are newbies, first time to Jamaica as well, really looking forward to it! We are from South Wales and we are going to be celebrating my 60th birthday which is on a Tuesday (9th Nov.) which means we'll be on the beach partying that night!We are very young at heart and still feel as if we are in our thirties. Would really like to meet up with you once there.We will have the place sussed out when you arrive and you will probably find us at the beach bar when the sun disappears from the main beach.Really looking forward to meeting you.
    Regards
    Linda

Hi, we're newbies too, seems to be a few of us on the message board now. Traveling to CTI 26th February next year for a fortnight & can't wait, now down to 197 days. Our tips enjoy and go for as long as you can afford from what I have seen and fill your your suitcase with rum on the way back. 1st time to Jamaica for us as well but it is our 3rd trip to the Caribbean, can't get enough of the laid back friendly vibe we have come across out there. Regards Dave & Chell.

Hi

We are having a week at Tower Isle from 11 Oct, then onto Sans Souci for the following week - flying from Gatwick via Virgin. Anyone else doing the same/similar?

Looking forward to having fun and enjoying everything we are reading on here!!

Belinda & Gavin

Hi

Were Elizabeth and Phil from Milton Keynes - going to CSS on 18th Sept for a week from Gatwick with BA. Celebrating our Silver Anniversary on the 21st. It's our first visit to the Caribbean and just can't wait!

We are travelling to CN for 7 nights on 20th Nov 2010. New to Couples after several Sandals trips to the Caribbean. Think I have chosen well and feel sure I'm not going to be disappointed.

Cathy & Dave

Hi
    We are Alyson & Gary from just outside Birmingham. We have just booked 11 nights at CSS arriving on 9th Nov. We are due to land at 5.15pm (assuming no delays) so won't get there until late but will look out for the birthday celebrations at the beach party!!! We are new to Couples so are really looking forward to the experience - also new to Ocho Rios stayed in Montego Bay, Rose Hall & Runaway Bay previously.

Hi Alyson and Gary,
    We shall be waiting.................., whether or not I will still be standing is another matter, but please come and say hello, look for the cake(hopefully)
    See you there,
    Linda

Hi Linda
    We will definately come over and say hello - we may even pinch a slice of cake if we miss the buffet!!!!
    Al

Hi Guys

Karen and Kevin from Northampton, we will be at CSS from November 16th for 7 nights. Can't do longer than that as my Mum is moving in for a week with the kids. We are doing a day by day plan for her what with Air Cadets, Taekwon do and Scouts to name a few. Then she will need to make their lunches for school everyday, she won't be able to get away with two slices of bread and butter and bag of crips like we had as kids!!

Hi

Vicki and Rick from Wiltshire. We are going to CSA 12th July next year for 2 weeks and counting already! We went to CSS in July 09 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and did a vow renewal. It was fantastic and totally lived up to expectations, hence the second visit! It is expensive from the UK but totally worth it. The food at CSS is fabulous, my favourite being the Italian. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did - trouble with that is you get hooked and have to go back!!!!!!

Enjoy.

Vicky you are soo right - in the departure lounge now ready to board the 12.45 to Montego Bay...jealous - you should be!!!!

Back for our second visit to Tower Isle, this time for 14 nights...been counting down the months, then the days, now the hours....

Very excited now!!

M&J

M&J, so happy for you (just like you will be for us when we fly off to CSS on 2nd November ;-) )

Please let us know how fantastic your holiday was. I am always surprised that people don't give feedack.

have a great one!!

John & Jenny

Hi Belinda & gavin
    We are heading for CTI on the 09/10 with virgin also....Just for a week this time....Stayed at CN for 2 weeks in Oct 2007......Best time ever...Maybe catch you down there...

Robbie and Fiona...Scotland

We're from Guernsey (close enough) and we're off to CSS on Saturday!! (18th Sept) just 2 days to wait.
    14 nights of utter bliss!
    Dirty bananas all round?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FR&RR View Post
    Hi Belinda & gavin
    We are heading for CTI on the 09/10 with virgin also....Just for a week this time....Stayed at CN for 2 weeks in Oct 2007......Best time ever...Maybe catch you down there...

Robbie and Fiona...Scotland
    Hey hey - no doubt we'll bump into you whilst we're there. A week's better than nothing, so have fun....

As you've already been there, is there any tips you can give; before or during, so we can be well prepared - this will probably be a one off for us :-(

Laters

Chill is the best advice......Searched this message board before we went the last time .....took far too much stuff......you need very little for day wear( but its humid so your suits don't dry quickly on the balcony so will take a few) it is very beach and pool orientated hol... and although we left all shampoos sun creams and the like behind and bought very little they still charged us over weight at Monego Bay on the way home....And trust me you will not argue with then...We only left resort once the last time.... Mayfiels Falls will never forget it...so romantic...we just chilled every day .....Have never done that in Spain or anywhere else in Europe...Try the sailing and other water sports ...soo much fun...we sailed every morning...Went to Mexico last year wished we and not bothered ...Couples is the best...not long til paradise..

Fionaxx

Quote Originally Posted by FR&RR View Post
    Chill is the best advice......Searched this message board before we went the last time .....took far too much stuff......you need very little for day wear( but its humid so your suits don't dry quickly on the balcony so will take a few) it is very beach and pool orientated hol... and although we left all shampoos sun creams and the like behind and bought very little they still charged us over weight at Monego Bay on the way home....And trust me you will not argue with then...We only left resort once the last time.... Mayfiels Falls will never forget it...so romantic...we just chilled every day .....Have never done that in Spain or anywhere else in Europe...Try the sailing and other water sports ...soo much fun...we sailed every morning...Went to Mexico last year wished we and not bothered ...Couples is the best...not long til paradise..

Fionaxx
    hi fiona,
    what exactly do couples supply in the way of toiletries as we are ALWAYS overweight in luggage on the way home. I take everything, shampoo,shower gel, sun lotions and after sun, could I leave anything at home do you think? Thanks for any advice, Linda

Talking

Hi

We are Pam and Steve from East Yorks and have just booked for CSA from the 5th to 19th Feb and can't wait to get back there. This will be our second visit as we renewed our vows there in Jan 2008. Anyone else going next Feb?

Default Lee & Terri, Shrivenham, Oxfordshire

Hi

We are off to Tower Island on 3rd Oct for a week and then moving to Sans Souci for the following week 10th - 17th Oct.

Any other Brits going to be there at that time, anybody going out on the Thompson Charter flight from Manchester on Sun 3rd Oct?

Lee & Terri

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast