Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default How will you spend the $500 Credit?

Many of us have the $500 resort credit for our upcoming trips to Couples! How do you plan to spend it? Let's have some fun and share our ideas! Will you split it 50/50 with your better half?
    Will you have a massage overdose or finally get that body wrap you have been wanting but is soooo expensive?
    I suggested to my husband that we should renew our vows, it's only $150 and his response was "I'd rather have the hot stone massage!" Your turn......

Good question...so many options LOL And with being our first trip to couples we are even more excited!!
    I'm thinking about using it towards my hubbie getting his scuba certification if we can, he has always wanted to do that....and if anything left after that then at the spa for me. He has been working mandatory 6 day work weeks for almost a year, with no end in sight, and he deserves it
    Not sure if we will be able to use it for that, but fingers crossed

We will be using ours at the spa. Massages! massages! massages!

I think we are going to get the open water certification. We would rather do it at CSA with Anthony but we are going to be at CSS for our credit. I'm sure we will love it there too. We are going to CSA in Oct but I will probably be pregnant so no scuba for us on that trip. We already get some massages with the romance rewards but we might get more. We will likely spend more than 500 on that trip so I guess it will just be 500 off of whatever we end up spending. It's easy to blow through that much money when you add scuba certifications.

sunflower- you can use it for scuba! it just gets charged to your room.

I gave it all to my wife, she had a hard time spending it.

We are going to use it for a private dinner.. Have never done that before, because I am too cheap! lol
    After that, it will be gift shop stuff.

I second that motion, we are going with the hot stone massage. Truly the best thing evah!
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

I want to get a body scrub and some sort of wrap. I also want that hand facial. At the gift shop we will buy some souvenirs and a couple things for us. We love the aromatherapy mosquito candles.

hopefully we get still be getting the passionate love level comps,that AND the $500 means at least 2 1 hr couples messages, some more jablum coffee from gift shop, the obligatory T-shirts(every trip), maybe a bottle of private label couples wine this time(totally forgot last trip),a night dive perhaps?
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

My husband & I will have couples massages and the private dinner on the beach for our anniversary. He has never had a massage before. He is so looking forward to it.

Dive certification, maybe use some for upgrades for the wedding there and maybe the spa.

My husband and I were at CN in April. I had the $500 credit. I got my nails done and a pedicure. I also got the peppermint wrap!!! Man, that was awesome. We did get the couples message because we are repeaters. My husband didnt really care how I spent it. I went to the gift shop and he stayed on the beach. The credit is awesome thats for sure. You can go to the web site and look at the spa brochure.
    One Love,
    Mya

how do we get this $500 credit?!?!?

My hubby and I are going to renew our vows! We've had a trying time the last couple years but have come out stronger - together. We plan on renewing them on the beach and will be inviting other repeaters who will also be there at the same time - as we all were the last two years. Spa and gift shop will be the next stops. One Love!

Jerzzgirl and all:

The resort credits may not be used to pay for vow renewals or wedding ceremonies as these arrangements must be reserved in advance using our wedding calendar. http://www.couples.com/yeddings/TAG/ChapelDoor.asp

The credits may be used only for items chargeable to the room while you are on property.

Couples Resorts

Thanks for the clarification Randy. I do have one question for you though...
    When we play golf at the course in Ocho, are we able to sign for our carts and caddie fees rather than pay cash or credit card? This would mean that they were "signed to the room" and would likely qualify under the credit. I know the people staying at were able to sign for their beer cart bill as well as the above.

It is easy to spend it, you have the SPA and the gift shops. The resorts have jewelry, Cuban cigars, gift items, and many other things you not purchase if you did not have the credits. This is why we book a year in advance. Thanks Randy and team.
    Irie Mon

No Marnies,

You must pay for the cart and caddies directly at the golf course.

Couples Resorts

I have a question for you to randymon, we are visiting this November and I believe ours is split between the spa and gift shop, I am wondering if that still applies or is it basically anything that we charge to our room?? I just don't know that we will use that much at the spa
    thanks!

Darn, that would have saved us a bundle. Dave asked me to thank you for not allowing the credit to be used for vow renewal. He seems to think it will get a lot of guys "off the hook!"
    He is really looking forward to his hot stone massage though!

sgerard828,

Your credit will be for whatever you can charge to your room.

Couples Resorts

Randymon: Did how you spend the $500. credit change? I thought for 2010 it was only SPA credit/gift shop credit and for 2011 it was for anything charged to your room. Can you please clarify?

Thank you

===============================================
    Seandymon here,

That is correct!

Default 500.00

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    Many of us have the $500 resort credit for our upcoming trips to Couples! How do you plan to spend it? Let's have some fun and share our ideas! Will you split it 50/50 with your better half?
    Will you have a massage overdose or finally get that body wrap you have been wanting but is soooo expensive?
    I suggested to my husband that we should renew our vows, it's only $150 and his response was "I'd rather have the hot stone massage!" Your turn......
    how did you recieve the 500 credit?

It was an early booking bonus. You had to book at least 7 nights at a single resort and book by June 30 if you are in the US and by July 31 if you are in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    It was an early booking bonus. You had to book at least 7 nights at a single resort and book by June 30 if you are in the US and by July 31 if you are in Canada.
    Does anyone know if this was available on any reservation purchased prior to June 30th or was it a Hot Deal you had to purchase? We purchased an 8 night Secret Rendezvous on May 26th and do not remember seeing this in our package. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast