Default Hows is the CSA photographer?

We are getting Married 11/13/10 and I was going to use their photographer but really good pictures is important to me. Anyone have any feedback??

We used the resort photographer!
    He was awesome.
    Judge for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=d55586646a

Our wedding was 05/10/10 at 10 a.m. CSA!

Email me with any questions,
    carin@maxeylawpa.com

Carin

I had Andre Vassell as our photographer. He did an amazing job! My pics are now public on my facebook profile. Chck then out! it's so worth it!

Traci Raymond from WI

I hear Andrew is on his own now. Who is the resort photographer at CSA? I'm getting married there on 10/14/10.

We had Cecil and he was really nice. We were really happy with our photos - we wanted them to be quite natural and not too posed. If you want pics that are quite arty and different then you might not be happy with them. For just some nice pics then they're great.

I think I've made my pics viewable... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...46982870&saved

The downsides...
    - You get either 24 or 36 photos on CD and in a nice album. If you want more they're a bit pricey. I know with others you get all of the photos. We were very happy to have just the 36, but you do need to put by a good 2 hours to go through them all and make your decisions!!!
    - They are not "photo-shopped" at all, which other expensive people do. The images on the CD are very high quality though, so you can edit them yourself to crop them, black and white them, remove blemishes, etc. My hubby is good with that kind of thing so we were happy with that.
    - I've seen a few wedding albums using the resort photographers and the poses they use seem to be used with everyone. Again, we were happy with that, but others may want a more "unique" album. If you have any ideas then Cecil was happy to do things we wanted to, so don't worry about asking for stuff.

The video was a different issue though...

Feel free to ask any other questions!
    Victoria

Default Misha Earle

We just recently booked Misha Earle for our April "weddingmoon" Her photos are amazing and she has a ton of slideshows to view on her blog. I can't wait! Best of luck to you!

first of all Victoria your photos are amazing! It was lovely meeting you and your husband on the trip!

We stayed at CSA sept 1-15 2010 and got married on sept 4 at 10am and we had Stacey Clarke take our photos. Here is our slideshow. She is amazing! http://www.scphotographyslideshows.com/Ian_Jennifer/

One Love.

Jen & Ian Bonner

Victoria did you get the video and if so did you like it?

Yes - we got the video - but we were a little disappointed. The quality of the video wasn't too great and there was no wind cancellation so it is pretty blustery at times. He also videoed us having our pictures done and put together a little piece at the end - I'm sure some would love that, but it's not really us. A little too cheesy, but some would love it and think it's really romantic.
    My hubby is a bit of a geek (whoops - I meant computer genius!) and he ripped the video from the DVD, did a bit more editing to get rid of some of the more cheesy bits and changed the sound to cancel out some of the wind and make my voice louder. He's then mixed that in with images of our "official" wedding photos (which we love!), our own photos and video from the day and played our wedding music in the background. He's a star!!!
    One thing they did upset me a bit - we had a CD with 8 songs on it (we couldn't decide on our 3 songs before getting there). Give the guy your CD, but be very specific about what you want! We said that as long as they were the songs from our CD we didn't mind too much what went on the video. But he then edited different pieces of music over the three important parts (me walking in, the kiss and the signing). This did really upset me. Even though they were the pieces of music we picked, they are not the pieces of music that play in my head when thinking back on it. It made it feel a bit like it wasn't our wedding! Again, wonderful hubby came to the rescue and re-edited the right music over it.
    I now love the video and it would be a real shame not to have it, but be very specific about what you want and understand that the quality isn't that high and it can be a bit cheesy in places (if you're like us anyways!). Having said all that, we have an HD camera with wind cancellation, anti-shake, etc - so we're quite spoiled for quality! Hubby says he wishes he'd have asked the guy to use our camera - or asked another guest, but we didn't want to intrude on other peoples hard earned holidays!!!
    So - short answer - it depends how important it is to you and whether you, or someone you know, can do digital video editing (it doesn't need anything too complicated). For us, the photos were far more important and hubby could edit, so in the end we are happy with it.
    Hope that helps!
    Victoria

We Just returned from CSA from our Wedding Moon, and Since I was paying for my own wedding not "Daddy" I too chose the resort photographer "Zavian" or "Z" for short he was fabulous and took some amazing wedding photos. I wasn't that interest in the Video. I had my song picked out on my IPOD and The amazing Alicia (Wedding Coordinator) even had a speaker/Amp so my music was loud enough for me to hear on the beach. I couldn't have been more please, with my wedding experience at CSA!

I am going to attempt to post FB pictures...let me know if you can not see them.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...&id=1213467218

Carin

See my post below . I contacted you about the Palm tree jewelry our Wedding turned out Fabulous.

We used Misha Earle and she was fabulous!! We got married Aug 30th. She does take about a month to get your pictures back to you. BUT, I think it's worth it b/c during the shoot I had makeup on the collar of my dress. But, she was able to photoshop that out. Some of the other outside photographers give you pictures before you leave the resort. But, I notice people looking shiny and sweaty in the pictures. We were sweating our behinds off, but you couldn't tell by the photos. Here is the slideshow:

http://mishaearle.myshowit.com/arlai...ine/index.html

Default Laymarie81 photo's

Love your photo's... LOVE THEM! Inventive and great sound track too! Who is that? Thanks!
    Getting married @CSA on 11/11/11 looking for a good song to walk the isle with..
    Thanks- Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by LayMarie81 View Post
    We used Misha Earle and she was fabulous!! We got married Aug 30th. She does take about a month to get your pictures back to you. BUT, I think it's worth it b/c during the shoot I had makeup on the collar of my dress. But, she was able to photoshop that out. Some of the other outside photographers give you pictures before you leave the resort. But, I notice people looking shiny and sweaty in the pictures. We were sweating our behinds off, but you couldn't tell by the photos. Here is the slideshow:

http://mishaearle.myshowit.com/arlai...ine/index.html
    Who is your pastor-- guy who married you at the resort..was he from the resort or is he someone you knew?

Default Prices?

We're planning our wedding in CSS for this June. The pictures are very very important to me, but I really don't want to spend thousands or even too many hundreds of dollars on it. Just can't afford it! Would like to use the resort photographers. Does anyone know what packages they have and how much they are? I've been reading posts and 36 pictures for $400 seems really pricey to me, then again I've never hired a photographer before so... maybe I'm wrong and that's perfectly reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ortegariver5 View Post
    We used the resort photographer!
    He was awesome.
    Judge for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=d55586646a

Our wedding was 05/10/10 at 10 a.m. CSA!

Email me with any questions,
    carin@maxeylawpa.com

Carin
    Carin where did you get the palm tree necklace and earings? Janeinpenn@aol.com is my email address. Can I ask where? I lovee it. CSA wedding June 1

Default We were very pleased!

We were married Aug 28th 2010 @ Couples Swept Away and used the resort photogrpaher. I took pictures with me out of mags so he could get the idea of the types of photos we were looking for! Here the link to our Blissful day!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...45350612&saved

Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairykt View Post
    We were married Aug 28th 2010 @ Couples Swept Away and used the resort photogrpaher. I took pictures with me out of mags so he could get the idea of the types of photos we were looking for! Here the link to our Blissful day!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...45350612&saved
    Question, you are a beautiful bride by the way, WOWOWOW!!! Did they do your hair? did you bring a picture of how you wanted it and did you bring your flowers with you? Incredible pictures!

Thanks everyone for sharing all the photo's are beautiful. I'm getting married CSS on June 18, 2011 so this helps in making a decision on a photographer!

We used the resort photographer, and were really pleased.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/melicit...7623541503987/

Melicity - beautiful pictures thanks for sharing