Hybrid View

Default marlin dip at CTI

We have been back from CTI since April, and I'm still craving the marlin dip. Can anybody tell me where I can find marlin dip in Wisconsin? Or if you know where I can find smoked marlin, I can make my own from a recipe I found. The stores around my area only have red snapper,salmon, tilapia, and catfish.

I know this probably isn't a huge help to you, as it's not a true substitute for marlin, which is quite meaty and uniquely flavored, but being in Wisconsin, you may want to keep an eye out for smoked whitefish. We're from Michigan, and even though we have access to some really good fishmongers, it can be difficult and pricey to get some of the more "unusual" saltwater fish. Smoked-fish pates and spreads, however, are quite common in the Great Lakes area, and though the recipes tend to have come down from the Northern European immigrants, you can usually tweak them to give a bit more of a Caribbean taste.

That said, you may want to check online suppliers. You'll pay a bit for shipping but probably not as much as you'd think, since if you buy smoked fish, it "travels" far better than fresh.

Good luck!

Default Marlin Dip

Good luck...we live in Florida, and have searched everywhere!

But when you find out please let us know :-)

It was our favorite