Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Some of us are cheerleaders because Couples impresses year after year. That's what makes some of the TA reviews so "funny". If I had only been to CTI a couple of times (or one) met a limited number of staff that may or may not be present, I'd be much more willing to accept some of the outrageous claims made.

You won't get an argument from me about them impressing. I noticed you didn't quote my whole post where I mentioned heading back for the 4th time and they have a quality product. LOL,

But none of that changes the fact that this board has a high level of Couples cheerleaders, and probably deservedly so. It's not necessarily a bad thing. People just have to be careful of overstating the good and overly defending the bad. It's almost like parents and their kids that can do no wrong.

Hip hip hooray for Couples!!!!!!

Bilkat

Three trips in the last five years (appx) and the only changes were improvement that made the experience better, i.e. tv & mini-bar upgrades, etc. Each trip was better than the last. You'll have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by ORV View Post
    You won't get an argument from me about them impressing. I noticed you didn't quote my whole post where I mentioned heading back for the 4th time and they have a quality product. LOL,
    Just reinforcing the reason for the cheerleading for folks that my be on the fence and new to the board.

Default Oh Joy

Thank you for all the feedback :-)

CN will always be our paradise..
    As long as they got Jerk Burgers and all the other tasty food and drinks...

And the staff... and wonderfull People to meet ! :-)

The only thing I need now is a great offer from Europe :-)
    Or a sponsor.. he he he he

Norway & others,

I posted an honest review good and bad about our 4th trip to CN last October when we arrived home. It was taken down off the MB, I was honest about the things that happened to us while we were there.

That being said..... This again, was not our first visit, so I knew what to expect, and last October CN did not meet our expectations of our previous years. When I addressed the probelms at the resort we were blown off and or given diffrent stories, depending on who we asked, and then made to feel like some things were our misunderstanding (which it was not).

Moving on to trip advisor, I posted the same review there as I did here. No, it wasnt that great, but had good points also. So for those who read Trip Advisor and laugh them off, some are true, as mine was....

Did Couples make it right with us? No... I just hope they got things changed.

I had to do to SERIOUS convincing of my finace' to "try again" this October. We do LOVE CN, and we are hoping it was an isolated "bad week".

This October will be our 5th year going. All of them to CN, and I am looking forward to our visit.

Respect to all.
    Becky

Thanks Becky for your reply. It concerns me that your post was taken down from the message board, just because you were being honest about your experience. I appreciate all the good posts here and that everyone is being honest about their love for CN, but I would prefer to hear about the good and the bad experiences and make my mind up from that. I appreciate things go wrong sometimes and I think it's important to hear both sides.

I would hope that Couples would leave these posts up, by all means answer some of the points raised if they like, but I would hope that Couples would be happy to hear about the 'not so good' experiences so that lessons can be learned to improve for future visits. That is the best way to retain customers.

Couples could easily have lost your custom and, to be honest with you, I'm not sure I would have been so forgiving, especially if they removed my post and did not let me give an honest account of my disappointment.

I'm glad you are giving CN another chance, as it just goes to prove what a great place it is if you are willing to do that and I hope your next visit proves that this was an isolated incident.

I agree with Becky. The first time we went...fantastic! Tried CSS, fantastic! Went back to CN...very disappointed by some of the service/staff. We decided to go back to CSS again and again, fantastic. Booked for CSS this year again, 4 more weeks to go! However, we are giving CN one last shot next November and hope things have improved. It could have been due to the fact the resort was so busy because of it being the anniversary weekend, but some of it was inexcusable.

Becky...if CN isn't up to par this year, you and Fred come on over to CSS DIving isn't as great there, but the resort is fantastic!
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Fred & Becky,
    Our trip last Dec was also less than stellar. We made our concerns known and as with you, nothing happened. That being said, we are booked again this Dec and are hoping things will be different. We are not the kind of people who complain about everything, it just seemed that so many things were not right. Our love for the (previous) atmosphere was great enough that we wanted to give it another chance.

We did a split trip the middle of July this year between CN (4 days) and CSS (8 days). We decided to try CN out while we knew we loved CSS. What we noticed was a difference in attitudes on the part of the employees at CN versus CSS. CSS employees were far more positive and enthusiastic than those at CN in our opinion. We felt like we were treated like royalty at CSS. In general, we felt that CN employees were more reserved and less friendly than those at CSS. However, we met some wonderful fellow travelers while at CN, so this will cause us to consider the split again next year. We enjoyed Franklyn and Camille at the main pool swim-up bar at CN as well as Meisha on the AN beach bar. And of course, we enjoyed Jheanel at SSB as well as Lenworth at Palazzina. Overall, employee reception and enthusiasm goes to CSS over CN. One couples opinion.

Bilkat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2