Default Vegetarians (and Pescatarians) CSS

I am a pescatarian (that means a vegetarian but eats seafood)

Any veggies/peshies out there with advice on where/what to eat at CSS? Will there be enough food for me?

Thanks!

I am not vegetarian, but very picky eater. Every dinner menu had at least one vegetarian entree and many seafood options. You should not have a problem. They modified dishes for me and left stuff out if I asked.

Im a Veggie myself, dont eat fish at all. I had zero issues with sticking to my plan. There are a huge amount of choices available, and more for you peshies.

yippee! thanks! =) I can't wait.

Can I ask HAWGFAN and CHEESE, which resort did you stay at and what was your favortie restaurant and/or dish?

oops. forgot i posted to the CSS board. d'oh!

LOL...yep...Im talking about CSS which apparently has the best menu on the island...Im sure the others are quite good as well!

Breakfast had a great variety of fruits, baked beans, cereals, fruit juices, breads of all kinds, eggs done any way you want them and cheeses.
    All the restaurants had something veggie and/or they would exclude the meat choice on the menu item and make it veggie.

Just no issues at all...I actually over ate which is something for me.

email me at dayelb@gmail.com if you have any other questions.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeekitty View Post
    Can I ask HAWGFAN and CHEESE, which resort did you stay at and what was your favortie restaurant and/or dish?
    We are going back in 10 days, if u can wait that long I will give up an update when we get back. I have pictures of menus from last summer, but I know they change so I can give you some more up to date information.

awesome! thanks both of you!

I am a veggie and going in November. Happy to hear they have choices for me. Salad and baked potatoes get REAL old.lol

Quote Originally Posted by HAWGFAN View Post
    We are going back in 10 days, if u can wait that long I will give up an update when we get back. I have pictures of menus from last summer, but I know they change so I can give you some more up to date information.
    Any new info? How was your trip?

Mimmy, haha! I feel your pain. I eat a lot of salad and bread when i go to weddings and have lunches at work! It does get old. I eat fish, so that helps in the options department. Vegetarian protein can often be hard to come by. You would think they would offer some gourmet seitan or tofu dish! ...mmmm fried tofu...

I'm not a veggie, but I was looking at the sample menus the other day (yes, I'm masochistic that way, and yes, I know the menus change), but there was a falafel on balsamic roasted beets that is making me salivate just thinking about it, and the ackee/mushroom/cho cho strudel sounds incredibly interesting (both at Casanova).

Quote Originally Posted by coffeekitty View Post
    Any new info? How was your trip?
    Sorry It took so long to get back to you. I have been busy catching up on work. You can find my full review on the main page CSS Review 17-25th.

Food:

We did not eat at Pallazina for dinner. So I can not speak about that but I know they had pasta every night. Room Service had a vegetable lasagana that I loved. It was full of veggies and very filling. My husband had the snapper from room service he said it was good. I don't eat fish or chicken.

We ate at Cassanova three times the menu changes every wednesday. So I saw both menus. My husband ate seafood all three nights as his main entree. He raved about all of them. There was one veggie starter every night, a salad, the soup had meat on both menus. There was also one veggie entree each night.

The beach grill had a veggie burger, salad, and pizza at lunch. Pallazina had a huge buffet at lunch with plenty to choose from. I don't think you will run out of things to eat. They are happy to modify a dish if possible.

Have fun.

Thanks HAWGFAN! =)