Default Can I have Lobster brought in?

Teresa and I leave for our 4th Couples trip to CTI in 27 days! I'm an avid message board reader but have never heard this question asked.
    If I get some lobsters brought in, would the chefs prepare them for us? Anyone ever done this? I'll have to ask when we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by The2ofus View Post
    Teresa and I leave for our 4th Couples trip to CTI in 27 days! I'm an avid message board reader but have never heard this question asked.
    If I get some lobsters brought in, would the chefs prepare them for us? Anyone ever done this? I'll have to ask when we get there.
    CTI does have lobster nights..... I know also from years ago when we went fishing if we woudl of kept any of the two marlins or kingfish that we caught the chef would of prepared them for us. Where would you get the lobsters from??

They should have some now since the season is only closed the beginning of April to the end of June.

I dunno. Figured they are available in Ocho somewhere. Last Sept. I spent countless hours snorkleing around the Island and saw a family of three hiding in the rocks. Didn't have the guts to reach in and try and catch one ha ha! I've since learned they are clawless? (that's a question)
    But I'd eat Lobster every night if I could.
    Twenty six days!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The2ofus View Post
    I've since learned they are clawless? (that's a question)
    Yes, they are clawless, but they have these spiny antennae that can pierce you pretty badly if you get too close. Usually, you would "tickle" them out of their hole and then net them. Not reach in with your hand (unless you had on a REALLY sturdy glove.)
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Asked and answered. Thanks. Yeah I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. At the time, I didn't realize they were clawless. It was actually very cool. I can't wait to get back and look for them again.
    Might have to get me a lobster tickler....never saw one of those at Wally World.

The snorkleing around the island is great fun. I highly recommend it.
    25 days!!!!

During the off season it would be illegal to catch them yourself and you wouldn't be able to buy them anywhere on the island.

Been diving for years here in Florida..our lobsters are essentially the same as in Jamaica...no worries about getting stuck by antennae...as the best way to get them is to catch em by hand...they are SOOO quick though that you have to be quick and forceful, and will STILL barely catch the hind end of one..you have to plunge your hand down like you are trying to force them into the sand/bottom, over the top of them...then, just throw 'em into your bag(make sure you bring a netted dive bag)
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

I have caught many a lobster (yay for Lobster week in the keys) and I HAVE been pierced by the spines. It HURTS like the dickens. They call 'em "spiny" for a reason.

Here's an article on how to "tickle" lobster... I really wouldn't go in by hand. Honest. They're prickly.

http://blogs.trb.com/news/specials/n...inyLobster.pdf
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Thanks for the link Vee. Very interesting. I think I'll leave the catching to the pros. I'm still going to see about bringing in some for at least one dinner other than lobster night.