Hybrid View

Default What should I do???

My fiance and I are getting married in October at CSA. Our parents, siblings (all are married) and some of our closest friends are making the trip with us. Our dilemma is that we are very close to my nieces and nephews and they won't be able to make the trip. I know they are bummed about not being able to see our wedding and I want to do something to make them know how much they mean to us.

We are having a reception when we get back so we kind of wanted to somehow incorporate them into our evening to make them feel special. It will be decorated in a beach theme (as much as you can in Iowa!!!) so if someone has an idea of what we could do for them there we would appreciate it.

Another idea is maybe buying them something special while we are there and giving it to them at the reception. There are 6 of them, 4 girls and 2 boys, ranging from 12 years old to 2.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!! October 23rd can't come soon enough!

Have you thought about having the wedding broadcast live for them? Couples has the ability to do that. They could see and hear everything going on in realtime. It might be just the thing to include them until your AHR.

We had the same heartfelt problem when we were married. We wanted a small wedding, and even though we had to expand because our parents asked, we still had less than 30 ppl.
    For those that we were especially close to, we had cd's made up with the pics of our wedding, and music. They really appreciated it. I also made sure that they received favors as well. You could also just pick your favorite picture and have that made into cards to give out. Maybe pick up some neat Jamaican souveniers for those that couldnt attend, maybe a photo frame with a wedding pic perhaps??!!??
    Friends of ours who are having a destination wedding, in Jamaica, are having a private reception back home for all the family and friends that were unable to attend. That way everyone gets to celebrate, and you get to enjoy your wedding day all over again, in whatever capacity you want. Make it extra special...maybe rent a limo, or bus and go on a wine tour, if you live near the beach...plan a picinc or have a BBQ (someone say jerk chicken!!!lol). Since it is an October Wedding (i think...dont wanna retype this if I lose it while dbl checking ), combine it with all the delights of fall....or even Halloween...go on a haunted hayride!!!
    Whatever you decide to do, make it fun for you and your partner. You shouldnt be stressed or pressured because it IS YOUR day. Everyone understands budgets (your guests/potential guests have budgets too), availability for time off work, etc. You are also special to those that you feel close to, so Im sure they will understand....and just be absolutely happy for you!!!
    Good Luck, Congratulations, and Have a Fabulous Life Together!!!

Becky & Wayne
    CTI in April 2010

ok, sorry. I just re-read your post, and you already talked about your reception. But I had a few other ideas.
    Bring home some local appleton rum, and a special glass for those that enjoy alcohol. Or that amazing blue mountain coffee for coffee lovers....and/or some rum cream for it too and dont forget a jamaica coffee mug. For those that love to cook, bring home some local jamaican made jerk seasoning!
    There some very talented local artisans in Jamaica, if you venture off the resort, Im sure you'll find that perfect something....maybe some handmade jewelry.
    Just a thought or two...Hope this helps!!!

Becky & Wayne
    CTI in April 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded! We have been kicking around the idea of broadcasting the ceremony for some family back home...that may be the best way to include them. We also will probably try to find something special for each of them. Either something that is made by someone around CSA or maybe even the couples palms logo.

If anyone can think of something else special I would greatly appreciate it! 88 days until Jamaica!!!!!!!

my sister had special cookies made by (cant remember the name) a bakery that were boys and girls. Each was decorated with the childs name and there own correct hair color. They came on a stick and were each wrapped individually which she put in a pail filled with sand and shells that she got from the beach. Each bucket had a special little "thing" that she brought them from jamaica. They placed them on a special table at the reception. They filled the table with wedding pictures and a huge matte from a picture frame and asked well wishers to sign the matte. IT was so great to see the matte that everyone signed, with there wedding picture hung on there wall. The adults thought they were so cute and the kids loved that they got there own special thing with there name on it.