Default One vacation - two couples resorts?

We are planning a trip in March/April, 2011 to celebrate our
    40th anniversary. We thought it might be nice to spent 5 days in Ocho Rios at CSS and 5 days in Negril at either CSA or CN. Will this pose any problems for us - such as transportation to the other hotel at the end of the first 5 days? Could we take the shuttle to the airport and then board the shuttle bound for the other hotel? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I've looked into this too as we're doing 8 days at CSA then 8 at CSS. from what I've found you can hop the shuttle from one resort to the other while making the airport transfer but quite a few people seem to take a 6am shuttle so as not to stop by the airport it seems.

I have heard they will actually drive you straight there.

We have done CSS and CN in the same trip and then CN and CTI in the same trip. There is nothing to worry about. Couples will take care of you.

Here is a thread with some good information for you.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=9106
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

be prepared to lose a full day....its a long, long drive.
    good luck
    csr

We are doing a CSA/CSS split in January. We've been told to do the 6am transfer and expect to be at CSS by 8:30am, just in time for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by csr View Post
    be prepared to lose a full day....its a long, long drive.
    good luck
    csr
    Actually, if you leave at 6:00 AM, the drive is only a little over 2 hours!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We recently went from CN to CSS on the Couples shuttle. We chose to leave at 6:00 a.m. to beat the traffic. It took us 2.5 hours. We were on SSB at 9:00 a.m. soaking up the sun. Hardly an all day affair, wouldn't ya say?

Bilkat

We did a CTI CN split last year and left CTI about 10:00. The transfer was direct and took about 4 hours due to road construction in Mo Bay. Without the construction delay at that time of the day it would have taken about 3 1/2 hours.

Thanks everyone for all the imput. I made our reservations this a.m. We are looking forward to a great trip!

We were comtemplating a CSA/CSS split but decided to stay on one side this time, so we're doing a CTI/CSS split. It's a much shorter drive so we can do it after breakfast at the regular check out time and be there in 10 minutes or so, in time for lunch.
    As others have mentioned, if you can leave early you'll likely reduce your travel time. I just want to point out though, if you arrive at the second resort so early in the day your room may not be ready for quite some time, seeing as how check-in isn't until 4:00. That bothers some more than others. It just means you need to have your beach attire handy and keep your valuables (cash, passports, credit cards, cameras, jewelery, etc) with you until you get your room and the safe. I'm not keen on that part, but maybe they can put it away somewhere safe until the room is ready?

we split our time this past January between CN and CTI...they ask you what time you want to leave for the other resort. Sometimes you will have to go to the airport and then on to your next resort, it all depends. The bus to the airport was so full and they felt horrible about us waiting around for the next one so they got us our own car. It is about 3 hours but it's an opportunity to see more of Jamaica as far as I'm concerned. Plus we always get drivers that are more than happy to share information about the area's as you drive thru them.