Default Banana Stuffed French Toast Recipe

Hello all,

I made banana stuffed french toast this morning, turned on some reggae, and we had Jamaica in Pittsburgh. Please note that I did not get this recipe from anyone at Couples. I found a recipe and doctored it up to make it as close as I remember to the BSFT at CSA. My husband thinks he had an out of body experience while eating it, so we must've done something right!

Loaf of Italian Bread, uncut
    1 large banana, ripe and peeled
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 tbsp butter
    2 tbsp vegetable oil
    1/3 cup sugar
    2 tsp cinnamon
    maple syrup, Reddi Whip, powdered sugar
    ------------------------------------

Cut four slices of bread, one inch slices. Cut a pocket into the long, flat side of each slice and insert 3 slices of banana into each pocket.

Beat the vanilla, eggs and milk together in bowl ("batter").

Mix cinnamon and sugar in a separate bowl.

Melt the butter in a pan over low/med heat, then add oil.

Put cooling racks on top of paper towels.

Immediately before frying each slice, dip each side into the batter and put into frying pan. Fry each side, about 1 minute per side. While slices are cooling on the rack, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.

Serve with Reddi Whip, maple syrup and powdered sugar!

OK, I haven't even BEEN to Couples yet (going Nov.25) but I'm already drooling over the BSFT, so thanks so much for this. I just printed it off and guess what's for breakfast next weekend??? lol

This sounds so good! I have never been, but I'm going to make this anyways. Lol.