Default First time at CSA few questions

1st yes i know i misspelled Jamaica in my username opps!

me and my hubby just booked an anniversary trip to CSA. Our first time to Jamaica, couples,or an all inclusive..
    we booked a Beach Front Vernandah Suite.. does any one have pictures from staying in one of these rooms? I have seen the pics online obviously, but just curious to see them from a "real live persons stay"

Also how is the snorkling trip at CSA? I have never been snorkling.. and coming off of shark week i have to ask.. will i get bit?

So excited and will continuing reading others posts to tips and advice. thank you all who read!
    so yes...i miss-spell Jamaica in my username anyone who knows how to change that let me know

Jamaica here we come!

Pictures from our honeymoon in 2006

Beachfront Verandah! Enjoy!

You are unlikely to encounter any sharks on the snorkeling trip. The most common species in the region are Nurse Sharks, and they are completely harmless bottom feeders.
    nobody's favorite poster

Snorkeling there is fun. Don't worry about sharks. They do have nurse sharks but they won't bite you and you will probably not see them unless you are scuba diving. They have a bunch of different sites for snorkeling so go a few times. They are all different. One even has a canon and anchor that sunk. I can't remember the nickname for that one, Bahamas or Mexico maybe? Ask for the one with the anchor and they will know.

Quote Originally Posted by jamicanmecrazy View Post
    1st yes i know i misspelled Jamaica in my username opps!

me and my hubby just booked an anniversary trip to CSA. Our first time to Jamaica, couples,or an all inclusive..
    we booked a Beach Front Vernandah Suite.. does any one have pictures from staying in one of these rooms? I have seen the pics online obviously, but just curious to see them from a "real live persons stay"

Also how is the snorkling trip at CSA? I have never been snorkling.. and coming off of shark week i have to ask.. will i get bit?

So excited and will continuing reading others posts to tips and advice. thank you all who read!
    Went snorkeling today from CN- I was a little apprehensive, but it was a blast. They told us all the sharks are high from smoking the seaweed, so you wont get bit....

We love the beachfront verandah suites - they are right on the beach. The 360 views on the website really do portray the rooms accurately.

Snorkeling at CSA is well worth the trip. It is a short ride out to the reef, and there are several different locations that they go to, so you won't have to see the same thing if you go out more than once. They also have several snorkel trips a day. Try to sign up for the 11:00 trip. Sometimes the afternoon trips get cancelled because the weather/waves can get a little rougher later in the day.

We just got back from Belize and actually swam with nurse sharks. They are not aggressive and are beautiful creatures (although we have never seen a shark in dozens of snorkeling trips at CSA).

Thank you ALL! i am so excited! i hope these 200+ days go by fast! thank you for the pics and the advice on snorkeling! never been so i was nervous,but yall make it sound so great! thank you!
    so yes...i miss-spell Jamaica in my username anyone who knows how to change that let me know

Jamaica here we come!

You will love snorkeling and it can be really romantic too. You just float and look down at all the sea life. You can swim down further in the water to get a better view or just stay on top. Sign up the day before and go early in the morning to sign up because they fill up quick. You are gonna love CSA. It ROCKS!

You'll love the snorkeling! The best thing is that at CSA they go out 2 (maybe 3 - can't recall) times a day. We like the morning trip, though, because the sea is very calm - almost like glass....The second best thing about snorkeling is that you don't have to be a strong swimmer! They tie the life vest around you waist, and it provides enough boyancy (sp?) that you don't have to worry about swimming and staying afloat. Fun when all you want to do is stare at the fishies!

Have fun!!!!

Snorkeling at CSA was very good. We enjoyed it a lot, and the staff went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy with the various snorkeling locations. See my review from last February.
    http://www.funbeaches.com/couples-swept-away.html