Thread: CN Room Help!?

Default CN Room Help!?

My husband and I are planning our first Couples vacation, which we are super excited about, however, we wanted to book the Garden Suite for 6 nights, of which the 6th night is not available. What would you do? Would you downgrade for all 6 nights to avoid having to pack up and move to another room or would you go ahead and book the suite for say, the first 3-4 nights and then downgrade for the last 2-3 nights? As we've never been before, any help would be greatly appreciated at this point!!

Please, anyone?? Opinions from experienced CN couples would be appreciated!!!

IMO, I wouldn't want to move partway through the trip. That will depend on your feeling on that though. Since all the rooms are so great, I would book what was available for the entire stay so you don't have move. If a Garden Suite is that important to you though, you may have to book what is available and then move. Even the garden rooms are in a great location, so I think you can't even go wrong with those.

I agree with Cleversole, I would not want to move part way through my vacation. The reality is that you really don't spend that much time in your room. I think the biggest differences in the rooms is that in the suites you do get hors d'oeuvres delivered each evening as well as you can arrange to have dinner in your room.

So here is what I suggest, book a regular room for your 6 nights, take the savings on the room and have a private dinner on the beach.

Blondie, great advice....I thought we would spend a lot of time in the room, but we didn't last year. Seems like there are so many fun things to do outside the room, and great people to meet, we would go in change, go out, come back change, go out and sleep and the room just wasn't a big deal.

We just had a regular gardenview room and loved it. It was up on the third floor and felt like we were in a tropical treehouse. Save the money. Yes, the room is a little smaller than the suite but really it is all you need.

Just returned July 31 from CN. The grounds are so beautiful, it really doesn't matter what your room catagory is. Save the money and have a couples massage! Enjoy!

Cleversole, you are so right. I always chuckle a little bit when I read comments about which room? Because you really end up spending very little time in your room. Shower, change and sleep, seems to be about it. When we return next year we are eligble for an upgrade (if available) and it will be a big birthday for my husband and I am still not sure that it worth booking a suite, would rather have a massage or shop or private sunset cruise.

Cgill,

I agree with saving the money. We moved rooms last year after one night. Not a big deal but we did have to pack stuff we used from the previous day and evening and wait until our new room was ready for use. We spent the day at the beach but occasionally we had to check with the desk to see if our new room was ready.
    We've never stayed in one of the suites but find the Deluxe Garden or Ocean View have been great. We spend a great deal of time outside as we go in January and are coming from cold weather, but it seems the room is plenty big.

When available we prefer the Garden Suite because of the larger bathroom with 2 sinks and separate tub and shower. The other features of a suite are nice (hammock on balcony, slightly larger room, & hors d'oeuvres)but it is the larger bathroom that sells us. We do pay a lot more for the suite, so it is a personal decision as to how you desire to spend your money. I agree that all of the rooms at CN are very nice. We prefer the Garden Suite, but since there are so few of them (6 or 9 total I think) they are very hard to get. Being at CN is what is most important for us so if we can't get a GS, any other room is more than fine.
    I agree that I would not want to move after 4-5 days of being settled in a room. I would maybe move after the 1st day, but generally have no desire to waste vacation time moving after we are settled.
    Hope this helps.
    Enjoy CN.

What buildings are the garden suites in? We have been to CN 4 times and next year is our 20th anniversary. I would love to book one but we just love the location of building 9 and would prefer to be on that side of the resort. We always book a beachfront deluxe and have been lucky enough to get building 9 the past 3 years.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    What buildings are the garden suites in? We have been to CN 4 times and next year is our 20th anniversary. I would love to book one but we just love the location of building 9 and would prefer to be on that side of the resort. We always book a beachfront deluxe and have been lucky enough to get building 9 the past 3 years.........
    I think if you like that side of the resort you can try to get a beachfront suite and it SHOULD have the same type bathroom and treats in the room at night. Check that out. Congrats on 20 yrs..we will celebrate 19 this September, so 2011 is 20 yrs for us as well. Enjoy.

Garden suites are in blocks 7 and 8. As for whether to move . . . it depends on whether the amenities of the GS are important to you. As above posters have stated, they consist of significantly larger bath, with jacuzzi tub, separate shower and two sinks, hammock on balcony, and slightly larger room. For some, it's worth it. In that case, having a GS for most of your trip may be worth the effort of moving on the last day. If those things aren't all that important to you, go with the regular room.

Everything at the resort but the room is exactly the same, regardless of what room you book!

Thanks cleversole! We had friends that were in a garden suite in building 9 a couple years ago. We did like the room but I would prefer to be in a beachfront suite if I was going to splurge on our next trip. However, we may just stick with what we know and go for a couple extra nights!!

Also - congrats on your 19th and soon to be 20th!!!

Thanks!
    Cindy