Default Arrival time at MJB - when do you arrive?

Hello all!

We are flying from LAX, and used to take the Air Jamaica direct red eye into MBJ. However, we haven't been back since they stopped flying out of LAX. We loved the early arrival at the airport, and are looking to find the earliest flight into MBJ, no matter where it's from. (Choices to consider at least) I wondered where you fly from and what time you arrive? We're looking for early morning arrival, as our flight used to open the airport at 6 am. I think anything arriving by 11 am would be something to consider.

Thanks in advance!

We'll fly out of JFK (obviously not an option for you) next month on Air Jamaica. Our flight departs at 6:00 a.m., and we're scheduled to land at MBJ at 8:45 a.m.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

US Air out of charlotte NC arrives before 11AM I think.

Check US Air out of Phoenix.

Ahhh...the redeye from LAX...how I miss it!

We fly out of Las Vegas and the last couple of times to Jamaica, we have taken a redeye to Miami and then the earliest flight out to MBJ. That gets us there around 10:30 but we do have to deal with a long layover...
    We fly American Airlines.

Not until 1:30pm here...grrrr

Thanks for the responses. We are contemplating if it would be worth an extra mini vacation - ie, flying to NYC for a few days to toodle around (never been) and then move onto JA since that's such an awesome flight! I have seen a few good ones out of the East Coast so keep the responses coming! I only have 13 months to plan! lol

We have taken American out of LAS on a red eye a couple of times,good part it gets in at 10:30 AM, bad part it goes through Miami. We also have taken Delta from SLC through Atlanta that gets in early also. Trouble with the red eye is that we arrive tired the first day. We have decided the best for us is to round trip to Florida from Las Vegas . spend a couple of days there and then fly out of Orlando on a non stop Jetblue. We get in a little later 12:22 , but we avoid the hassle of Miami customs coming back and we get to spend some time with our daughter in Florida. We did this last December and are doing it again this year.

We go from San Francisco to Miami and then spend the night at the Miami Airport Hotel (which is in the airport so no need for transportation)Then we take an earl flight to MBJ in the morning.

Continental has direct flights out of Houston IAH on Sundays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Only one departing flight on these days though so you wouldn't want to miss your connection! It arrives MBJ at 12:19pm.

Default webejammin!

We also really miss the direct redeye out of LAX. The one we have taken is the AA filght via Maimi. When we booked it arrived at MBJ at 10:40 am, but now it come in at 11:40! Not horrible but better than most available now and there is no charge for two bags per person. When are you coming? We'll be at again CN on 9/3!

Default Reno, NV

We fly to DFW or MIA and spend the night and leave as early as possible - but avoid the red eye so we are not so exhausted upon arrival. This coming trip in Oct. will be our earliest arrival - 11:40am - times were recently changed by AA from 10:40 to 11:40am arrival.

Can't wait.....

Default Hi Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_and_Patti View Post
    We also really miss the direct redeye out of LAX. The one we have taken is the AA filght via Maimi. When we booked it arrived at MBJ at 10:40 am, but now it come in at 11:40! Not horrible but better than most available now and there is no charge for two bags per person. When are you coming? We'll be at again CN on 9/3!
    Hi Gary! Are you still going down twice a year? (lucky dog!) We are going next year, prob Sept or Oct. Took a huge trip to Europe in Feb which knocked out the vacay days for the year. Totally worth it but I tell ya it was cold and exhausting! At the end we were ready for a trip to JA to relax! I'm sad we have to wait so long but at least we have something to look forward to.

Thanks everyone for sharing your info. We have some serious consideration to do. I don't mind the exhaustion from the red eye as JA is about the best place to recover! I just want to get as much time at the resort as possible, but also hoping that the earlier arrival means less hassle getting to the resort as the later it gets the more people there are. We were spoiled before!

We fly USA3000 direct out of STL and will not arrive to MBJ until 6:35pm, so I expect us to not get to resort until 9pm But on the flipside we dont fly out to go home until 7:35pm, so we have alot of that last day at the resort!

Default getting there early!

First time we stopped in DC area and went to a family wedding. Last time we also decided to spend a night checking out a city we had not been to, since we had to have a connection somewhere, so went to Chicago. Fun!
    This time, we decided we just want to get there early and can lay around on the beach napping all day!
    Soooo, we will fly the red eye to Charlotte, getting in at 6:09 am, then fly out at 7:55 am, getting to Montego Bay at 9:52 am! That Charlotte flight is US airways `1227.
    Last time at going home through Charlotte, I worried about having time to go through customs without missing our flight home, but they have things so efficient, we had not trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by webejammin View Post
    Thanks for the responses. We are contemplating if it would be worth an extra mini vacation - ie, flying to NYC for a few days to toodle around (never been) and then move onto JA since that's such an awesome flight!
    If this is what you decide to do, drop me a line. I can recommend hotels, restaurants, and things to do in the city. I'd be happy to help you if you'd like: pamelaboland@optonline.net
    Last edited by Pamela; August 14th, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Because we're on the East Coast, we have a few more options.

That being said, I prefer to get there earlier in the day rather than later, for two reasons:

(1) More time at the resort. I'm paying for that first night, doesn't matter if I get there at noon or 6pm.

(2) Most east coast US flight tend to arrive at MBJ between noon and 2:30pm, which can lead to congestion at immigration. On a typical day, there might be as many as 6-8 flights in a hour then. Earlier in the day, it might be 2-4 flights in an hour.

For next summer we are looking at flights out of STL departing at 6 AM and arriving at MBJ at about 11:40 (at least that's the scheduled time, who knows). Coming home we are hoping to book a flight after 1PM or so. At least we would have breakfast and some relax time before leaving CSA on our last day. We are all pretty much at the mercy of the airlines. It is sometimes a tough choice on time or dollars. As far as crowds at MBJ it seems that the majority of flights in are arriving between 11 AM and about 2:30 PM, departures about 10:30 AM to 2:00 PM or so. Just my observation from hunting airlines and flight schedules.

You makes your choices and you takes your chances.

Good luck!

Hopefully some airline will pick up a direct redeye from LA in time for your (and our) next trip! So far we've gone 2x per year. We did CSS and CTI in January and booked CN for Labor Day 2010&2011. Maybe we'll see you in 2011. We have thought about the NY option for a couple of days and go with JetBlue out of Long Beach.