Default Theoretically Speaking, Can I.....

This is all theoretical but lets say my husband and I did actually win Powerball. Could we book a room on a yearly basis with Couples? Sounds like a great way to retire to me.
    We could fly up a couple weeks a year to see the kids but talk about a stress free retirement. Just wondering????????????

I think the longest reservation they take it one month. But you could move between resorts one month at a time I guess.

Just once a year? IF I had the money, I would go at least 8-10 times a year, maybe more....heck, just see if they have a room they can keep me in year round! Realistically though, I am not kidding about going more often than once a year. If you hit the lottery, you might want to take MANY more than once a year trips. Sure is a nice dream to have though.

oh my!!! u just gave me a reason to start playing the lottery! what i great idea!!! i am sure they would, why wouldnt they!!!

Sounds like a fantasy!
    If you should decide to live in Jamaica 50 weeks a year you would have to establish Couples as your permanent residence. Your passport I believe allows you to stay in Jamaica as a US citizen for up to 6 months at a time
    You can dream, after all winning powerball is just a fantasy!
    While you are dreaming why not just buy either Bryan Adams house which is right next to Couples San Souci or go into the hills of Ocho Rios and buy Mick Jaeger's home. That is if they are up for sale
    Enjoy your fantasy

Sounds like a plan to me, but you have four Couples to choose from!!! Why not book them for 2 or 3 months at a time and move from resort to resort... just because you can!!! And think of all the Romance Rewards you would receive!

ENJOY!!!

Not sure, but DH and I have talked about that as OUR retirement plan. Or at the minimum a 2 month stay every summer.
    Ragnar Relay 2014 - MIAMI to KEY WEST!
    Marine Corp Marathon: 10/12 4:09
    NYC Marathon 11/6/11 - 4:21
    Chicago Marathon 10/10/10 - 4:19
    Marine Corp Marathon '09 - 4:26 / '08 - 4:28[/FONT]

Made me think of a little old lady my husband came across one day a couple of years ago. She couldn't maintain her house, had no family to move in with and wasn't ready for a nursing home. She sold her house and now cruises or goes to all inclusives every week out of the year except a few she comes back to St. Louis and stays at an extended stay hotel to visit friends for a couple of weeks each year. She loves it! She said that it was cheaper than an assisted living facility! LOL

The visiter's visa only lasts 30 days. You would have to find out how to stay l;onger.

Oh this is purely a fantasy. We were talking here at work and I guess I was just wondering if someone were rich enough, if you could basically "renew" your room on yearly basis, like an apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    Sounds like a fantasy!
    If you should decide to live in Jamaica 50 weeks a year you would have to establish Couples as your permanent residence. Your passport I believe allows you to stay in Jamaica as a US citizen for up to 6 months at a time
    You can dream, after all winning powerball is just a fantasy!
    While you are dreaming why not just buy either Bryan Adams house which is right next to Couples Sans Souci or go into the hills of Ocho Rios and buy Mick Jaeger's home. That is if they are up for sale
    Enjoy your fantasy
    Trust me, if you win the Powerball, you'd likely have no trouble establishing permanent residency in Jamaica (or in most countries, for that matter). If they know you have enough money not to be a burden, and don't try to take work from the locals, it shouldn't be a problem

I love fantasy. A few years ago, I hit for a total of $17,000.00 for the year, playing scratch tickets. Pure luck. I never entertained the thought of "hitting big" with much believability. So you never know.
    As to going more often. We're all for it. We have been going twice a year for some time now. April and November. We have worked very very hard in order to make this happen. I am retired, but work about 30 hours a week. Syl is still teaching tennis and has a few years before she can retire. If I had to live on the $980.00 I get from Social Security, believe me, we never would have discovered Jamaica. Where all things are possible. It doesn't come easy.

Richie

Where's Pamela when you need her? She knows "EVERYTHING"
    GREANJAC

Our idea for when we hit the Powerball is that we actually buy an entire unit, either a OVS or BFVS and convert it into our new home. Upper floor or floors for living and lower for kitchen and living room. To make it even better, we arrange for the CSA staff to keep it cleaned and stocked so that we can stay on the beach.

Hey a guy can dream can't he ?!?!?!?

Oh yeah........ I'm gonna buy the palapa by the lifeguard stand too !!! I'll be there in 17 days to put out my towels to hold it !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Honestly..I would have to switch up every couple of weeks or so...laterally in one location(Ochi or Negril), then, to the other side, rotating one couples resort to another..
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom