Default CSA - Wedding in November Advice Needed

We are getting married Nov 18 @ 4pm. I was wondering if any of you have been married or just at CSA in November and if it's true that it rains most often at that time. I do prefer that timeslot for many reasons but am a little nervous about the weather.

Not sure about November. The last three years we've been at CSA in December and never had a morning or afternoon ruined by rain. 10-15 minute showers once or twice during our stay but that's all.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

I am getting married on November 13th at CSA and we leave November 18th. I was told that November is usually fine outside of the normal little rain shower. I am SO excited!! Are you having guests come? Are you doing a cocktail receptions? Did you choose a photographer?

Hi Lisa!

I am also soooo excited! It will be here before we know it! We are having a very small wedding, just us and 2 other couples. So we will have the beach ceremony, cake, toast, dance and then off for cocktails, dinner at Feathers and dancing at the bar. We did hire Stacey Clarke after researching lots. How about you? What big plans do you have for your wedding day and what time did you select?

I picked Stacey for our pictures too! We have 30 guests coming so we are having just a cocktail reception for 2 hours with apps, drinks and a steel drum band. Then dinner at one of the restaurants. It was way to expensive for a private dinner. We can't wait! our guests are coming from all over the county so it will be one big reunion. Did you pick a formal dress or something simples? I went in between, its a regualar wedding dress but pretty simple.

Congratulations to you both Miasma and Lisa2001!!

We were married at CSA on 11-5-09 at the 4:30 beach time. Our week was great, there was a little rain during some of the days, but never lasted more than 15 minutes or so. But on our wedding day it did rain, but it rains in spurts, so we were still able to get the beach wedding we wanted, just a little later than we anticipated.

Let me reassure you with this, the Staff was fabulous. Our wedding coordinator, bless her heart, kept us all in the loop of the delay. We had the girls in one room and the guys were at another. So we just hung out until it was our time, and Melissa would call us and let us know it would be about 15 more minutes or whatever and we were fine.

We had the cold appetizer reception for our guests, we had 7 couples, and due to the rain, it was moved to the Lemon Grass and under cover. It was just a beautiful. Normally they have it outside. We were so happy to be in this paradise and sharing our day with our friends. We felt very lucky.

We felt blessed to have such wonderful staff to take care of us and our guests. I hope both your days are beautiful and full of love and joy!
    Susan and Dan
    CSA 11-7-09

Your plans sound wonderful! My dress is an ivory strapless, chiffon dress, flowy with a little bit of "bling" around the empire waist...kind of "Greek Goddess-like", but overall it is simple. Too bad we arriving the day you are leaving, we will have to post pics when we get back. haha

Hello Ladies,
    I'm getting married on Nov. 27th at CSA. I'm so excited to see that there are some brides on here that are on the same time line in their planning process.

I had a question about the resort photographers that maybe you can clear up. I thought that when you bought a package you got however many pictures (ex 24/36), but then also got a cd of all the pictures the photographer took that day to print off yourself. Am I wrong about this?
    Do you know how long it takes to get the pictures and video back if you use the resort people? Do you have by the end of your vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S To Be View Post
    Hello Ladies,
    I'm getting married on Nov. 27th at CSA. I'm so excited to see that there are some brides on here that are on the same time line in their planning process.

I had a question about the resort photographers that maybe you can clear up. I thought that when you bought a package you got however many pictures (ex 24/36), but then also got a cd of all the pictures the photographer took that day to print off yourself. Am I wrong about this?
    Do you know how long it takes to get the pictures and video back if you use the resort people? Do you have by the end of your vacation?
    Hi there!
    As for the resort photographers....you will NOT receive ALL the pics on CD taken by the photographer, only the number of pics that you paid for i.e. 24 or 36 (in an album & on CD). And as far as I understand you will pick those pics at the resort and receive the album & CD at the resort but you may want to doublecheck that! Not sure about the video as this is not something we are doing....
    That is why we decided to hire an outside professional photographer, so that we could have all pics and do what we want with them. Of course it is more expensive, but we are paying approx $1100 for 2 hrs of shots by a professional wedding photographer that we can keep and use however we want for printing, digital albums, etc. Could be hundreds of pics.......
    We were going to go with a resort photographer but decided to "go the extra mile" because we want pics a little more edgy & unique!
    Good luck!!

I'd be happy to share my experiences and our photo slideshow (we used Cecil, the resort photographer) with anyone who has questions! We got married 8/13/10 with 28 guests. Just email me at carriannev@yahoo.com so i can send you the slideshow.

BTW, the wedding was perfect, alicia was great and I was the least nervous bride (on the day of the wedding, i was a wreck before that) in the history of brides!

We are getting married on Nov 5 at 4:00 this year....this will be my 5th time to Jamaica and have never had a shower lasting more than a few mins....No prolem mon....it will all be good!!