Default Important Notice Regarding New TSA Flight Requirements

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has announced that it will require full name (as it appears on their government issued ID), date of birth and gender for all passengers traveling on or after November 1, 2010 regardless of when the reservation was booked. Failure to provide this information could result in a reservation being refused by the airline.

Please be guided accordingly.

Couples Resorts

Is it safe to assume that a passport will be sufficient?

What do we do if flights were booked not including middle names and passports have middle names on them. We booked through the resort a few months ago for a trip in January. How can we add middle names to flight bookings???

I'm not sure I understand the new guidlines. Can you direct us to some official TSA info that clearly states what is needed? I fly to Jamaica for the first time on Nov. 8. =)

if you are flying American and traveling abroad it automatically prompts you for the information before you can book it. I believe you can change it yourself online through your AAdvantage account. I had to correct my passport # which was asked of me on my AA flight reservation and was able to login and do it myself.

When you check in for your flight your middle name will be added to the tickets.

If you booked your tickets a while ago I would contact your travel agent or the airline directly. Most US airlines have been requiring this information for a while now because they knew this was coming.

For the "horse's mouth" on TSA Secure Flight, go here:

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/secureflight/

It's been in the works for some years, so the airlines have had plenty of time to get ready for it.

If you need to make a name change to comply with a post-11/01/2010 and the airline balks about it (i.e., want you to pay a fee), make a fuss, ask for a supervisor, kick it upstairs, and cite TSA's regs on this. Since airlines don't sell tickets any further out than 330 days, there's no excuse for them not to have asked for this info.

crabracers: Current passports are indeed not only ok, but are the way to go. I use mine on all flights, foreign and domestic.

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/apis_documents.pdf

(As an aside, I'm waiting for the "REAL ID" issue to rear it's ugly head on a domestic flight when someone uses a non-compliant driver's license; not all states comply, and in others it's in a transition mode.)

Yep, we got stopped several times.
    I even got the SSS on my boarding pass.
    I asked why, they said it was just random. I'm not so sure.
    btw..my name is messed up on my One Pass, as compared to my passport, so that's why I'm thinking we get stopped every time.
    Hoping to get this fixed before next time, since they go by your DL...grrr

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

We are flying Spirit air out of Detroit & I called them directly. They added our middle names for us with no problem.

Our TA told us that this was required last February when we traveled. All our airline ticket info had to include our first, middle, and last names (spelled correctly to match our passports). And we had to give our social security numbers. Just make sure your travel docs match your passport info EXACTLY.

Life is good

How about , if you have no middle name?

Jet Blue said, just give us a call and we will add the middle name for you!

Yeah

Thanks for the links.

It tells me how to handle my suffix after my last name. My parents kept tradition alive and I was the IV. This suffix has always played havoc with bureacrats, especially the DMV. some list it some dont, It carried on to my passport, but its a suffix not a name, and the web sites for the airlines dont ususally have a spot for it.

Fortunately the TSA documents for last name says "do not include suffixes (e.g., jr.)". Yeah..... However, I'm printing off a copy of these docs and will keep them with me when I travel. you never know when you might encounter an airport TSA bureacat who decides to make their own interperation. This way I can show and hopefully quickly resolve it.

Thanks for the links. I'll be trying this out in December when we return home to Negril

Quote Originally Posted by mrs2cool View Post
    How about , if you have no middle name?
    Doesn't say you have to have a middle name, just that the name on the ticket agrees with the ID you're using.

----

That does remind me of a story a comic told a number of years ago, where his friend went to the DMV for his driver's license. Seemed his name was J. B. Stuart, with just the initials for the first and middle name.

The DMV clerk rejected his application, saying he needed to put his full name on it.

So, he wrote J(only) B(only) Stuart.

And, sure enough, that's what his driver's license said -- Jonly Bonly Stuart!