Default Set up for Disappointment at CTI?

Looking for advice/reassurance from some longtimers. Ok - less than a week to go. We are returning for our third visit, but first in 10 years. The concern we have is that the Couples OR that we fell in love with 15 years ago has been renovated to the point where its not as magical as back then. We can tell from the reviews the staff and food are as wonderful as ever. We've already noticed those awesome swings are gone from the island. What about those magical paths through the jungle, cricket field, hammocks? What changes did you (do you) miss due to the renovation? What new magic did they bring in? We are excited for the swim-up pool, veggie bar and new spa though!

I was the first to complain when the renovations were announced...ask Randy. While some things are very different, like the building behind the pool and the lack of the aviary, it's just as magical as when we got hitched.

We were there before and after the renovations. Yes, the magic has evolved , not lessened. The things that made it so great are still there -Couples won't let you down! We are on the "less than 2 months" count down to CN this time. We switch back and forth, to get the feel of both sides of the island. Go, and enjoy!

It's alittle different but much better. The new spa facilities far outshine the jungle paths. They have turned around the piano bar - bar on the other side. The piano bar was the place tobe last October, we all had a fabulous time.

There are now hammocks in the garden area. The jacuzzis in the garden are at the spa, so they are nicer--we think. Love the waterfall off the diving board and the waterfall walls in the pool grill. The views are still amazing. The lounges in the lobby are nice when you are waiting for seating or just your S.O. or to just sit and stare out at the ocean and feel the breeze.
    Vicky

You're still going to love it, but the one (and only) thing that disappointed me was that they took out the little private hot tubs in the jungle behind the building. We spent a rainy evening in one of those hot tubs, just chillin, and it was almost my favorite experience there. Not sure if there was more than one...but I miss it (them).

Ohhh the aviary's gone.... we loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Ohhh the aviary's gone.... we loved that.
    I was trapped by the two wily parrots for 30+ minutes several years ago...I'm not losing sleep over the change. They're still there, just in a more modest enclosure.

I was worried about the renovations also.. Had been to CTI 3 times before the renovations. Then we were in JA with my son last Aug down the road and went and toured it after reopening and I was not sold on the new look. I missed the old Jamaican feel. But we booked for last December anyways. After our December trip my revue is.... The paint and grounds have changed but it is still COR at heart and as wonderful as ever and some things even better!!!! And we will be there again this Dec. No Worries Mon!!!

Absolutely NO DISAPPOINTMENT occurred! The renovations and additions were done very well! CTI continues to be a very magical place for us! We're really missing Couples and can't wait to return.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Absolutely NO DISAPPOINTMENT occurred! The renovations and additions were done very well! CTI continues to be a very magical place for us! We're really missing Couples and can't wait to return.
    So happy to hear you a good trip. I wonder when people post such as you did and WE think the place is wonderful, but we also have come to know that not everyone is looking for the same thing. I guess that's good.
    Vicky