Thread: CN or CSA?

Default CN or CSA?

All of you Couples repeaters out there...which resort would be the best to visit for first-timers planning to head over in September? We cannot decide between Negril or Swept Away...

You will get many replies...and the opinions will probably be split down the middle.

First... You can't make a "wrong" decision. Both are wonderful.

For us it is CSA, because we enjoy walking off the resort and down Long Bay beach. It's fun to just walk off resort and see Negril.

Plus, We had our honeymoon there, so we are a bit biased.

I just posted a similaar question - have you made a decision?

We have stayed at CSA 4 times because we loved it so much. It is totally laid back and relaxing. We are going to CTI on Oct 6th for 5 nights and are looking forward to the change. I have not been to CN but hear it is great too. You won't go wrong with anyone of them but I highly recommend starting with the best, CSA.

Which one calls to you? Speaks to your heart? That is the one you need to pick.

Which resort to choose is perhaps the single most frequent question on the MB. None of the four resorts is better than the other three, and none is better for first-time or repeat guests.

There is a lot of information on this web site to help you decide which of the Negril resorts is better suited to you. Read information on dining and accommodation options, take the photo tours for both resorts, check out the panoramic views to get an idea of each resort's layout and check out photo links on the map, view guest photos on the MB photos mega thread, and read reviews on the MB.

If you still can't decide, at least you'll have enough information that you'll be able to ask precise questions designed to elicit details that you need to make a decision.

We've been to all four resorts. CN is our favorite, and we're making trip 14 there next months. However, each resort has its loyal fans. Each resort is unique, and what appeals to me might not appeal to you, so the fact that a complete stranger like me prefers CN doesn't mean that it would be the resort best suited to what you're seeking.

Spend some time looking through this web site. There will be something about one of the resorts that appeals to you in particular; that is the resort you should select.

*BTW, perhaps the most significant difference between CSA and the other three resorts is that CSA does not offer an area where nude sunbathing is allowed. If visiting an au naturel beach is something that you wanted to try, then CN will be better suited to you than CSA.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Don't know anything about CSA. We are returning to CN for the 5th time this Dec. I am hoping to go over to CSA for a visit this next trip. I think you will have a great vacation wherever you go. We go to CN for a few reasons. The resort is smaller, which is something we like, we have a TV in the cheapest room, we enjoy watching it in the morning with coffee and while getting ready for dinner. Like to keep up on the news. From what I hear it is a hard decision. I just know what is good for us.

Thanks all for your replies and insight. I think we will head to Couples Negril for our first visit. Planning a trip from 9/20-9/27...hope to see some of you there!

Couples Negril all the way, I just wrote out a huge post on my recent first stay there, so look out for it, and Ill be posting pics soon!

Quote Originally Posted by jnfennellaz View Post
    Thanks all for your replies and insight. I think we will head to Couples Negril for our first visit. Planning a trip from 9/20-9/27...hope to see some of you there!
    We'll be there 9/17 through 9/22 for our 14th trip to CN. Have a great time.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We love them both. While spending an incredible week at CN we visited CSA on the trading places program and had a great time. We've booked our next trip to CSA just to experience the difference, but it was a close call! I really don't think you can make a bad decision - both are amazing in their own way.