Default Free Texting Apps for iPhone

Has anyone use one of the free texting apps for iPhone while at Couples ?? I downloaded textPlus+ the other day and it seems like it may be a good solution to the cost of texts to our daughter while at CSA. The way I understand it the app sends and receives texts over wifi. I set if up on our iPhones and it seems to work great. Texts are received as quick as the normally would be and sometimes quicker.

If anyone had tried it or is going to, please let me know.

15 days to go !!!
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

Don't forget to turn off automatic notifications just in case you loose your wi fi connection

Just curious, why not use Skype. Skype to Skype calls and Skype IM are free. Besides it's a great way to call a land-line at home if need be from JA for almost next to nothing. Works great on the iPhone & iPod Touch.

Cheers,
    Tom & Erin 21x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

Skype has free phone calls and texts in wifi hotspots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Erin View Post
    Just curious, why not use Skype. Skype to Skype calls and Skype IM are free. Besides it's a great way to call a land-line at home if need be from JA for almost next to nothing. Works great on the iPhone & iPod Touch.

Cheers,
    We tried Skype last year but the so-so connection and delay was more trouble than it was worth. I understand that the wifi reception is better at CSA so it may be different now.

We don't really need a voice connection, as our daughter is like most others, and would rather text than talk.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!