Thread: Food ?

Default Food ?

Neither one of us is very adventurous when it comes to trying something new, but I love seafood, veggies, fruit, etc. so I'll do well. My husband is a meat and potatoes type of guy. He doesn't eat seafood unless it's battered & deep fried.

Can he get a good steak dinner as well as other types of meat? How about a decent pizza?

We are 99.9% sure we are staying at CN, but you never know....CSA has a good shot too. We could change our minds a dozen times before we book.

I can only speak about the food at CSA, and there are so many food choices that your husband will not go hungry. There are so many different types of food and places to get this food that he will have a tough time deciding what to get. Pizza, burgers, nachos, steaks, omelettes, fried fish, jerk chicken, and the list is endless. I'm sure CN has similar selections. You both are gonna love your Couples stay. He has nothing to worry about.

I had a tenderloin steak one night while at CN but I tried different stuff every night while there. You could get pizza at the Heliconia grill during lunch time. I am not a big pizza guy so I am not sure what it tasted like.

That's great thanks for the feedback. I'm sure he wouldn't starve, but it is something he was wondering about.

You will both be fine at CN. Lots of variety. I'm sure your huusband will do fine. The pizza will be different from Pizza Pizza and Pizza Hut but with the sun, sand, ocean breezes and free Red Stripe I'm sure he will be able to make do. The burgers are pretty good too.

ENJOY!!!

No worries. I do not eat Seafod and I have never had a problem finding things to eat. In fact I love the food at CN. There is always a beef entree on the menu. If he prefers his steak without frills and sauces, just ask for it to be prepared that way.

At CSA they have pizza at patois for every meal. I love the jerk chicken pizza.

He will be fine, there is always beef or something else on the menu.

the food at Couples Negril was exceptional at all the restuarants, he would deff love the fresh fruit & meat & potato selection there, I know I did, and Im pretty picky also, theres always a buffet & the grill is always open

The jerk burgers at the beach grill at CN were awesome!! I had a hard time deciding between the burger or the fish fingers for lunch...everyday!!! Delicious

The deep fried calamari at the beach grill at CN is really good too. It is battered and deep fried and seafood AND fantastic tasting, he would probably like it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by BC View Post
    The deep fried calamari at the beach grill at CN is really good too. It is battered and deep fried and seafood AND fantastic tasting, he would probably like it as well!

I probably should have been more specific lol fish & chips and an occasional battered shrimp with chinese food

Quote Originally Posted by KidsNorth ON CA View Post
    Neither one of us is very adventurous when it comes to trying something new, but I love seafood, veggies, fruit, etc. so I'll do well. My husband is a meat and potatoes type of guy. He doesn't eat seafood unless it's battered & deep fried.

Can he get a good steak dinner as well as other types of meat? How about a decent pizza?

We are 99.9% sure we are staying at CN, but you never know....CSA has a good shot too. We could change our minds a dozen times before we book.
    I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and tender my steak was when we dined at Otaheite, which is CN's "formal" restaurant. That may be due in part to low expectations, being so many folks warn that Jamaica, and not just Couples, is hardly renowned for its quality of beef. But nevertheless, I thought it made for a most satisfying meal. And the ambiance just can't be beat. The restaurant is small, but beautiful inside.

And as others have chimed in, the Heliconia, which operates as a beachside grill during the afternoon and late hours, serves up some very tasty burgers and fairly decent pizza too. Or just play it safe and enjoy the buffet meals at the Terrace. They're available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Personally, I'm not all that whippy on buffet food, but it's convenient, plentiful, and offers the widest variety of eats.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty and tender my steak was when we dined at Otaheite, which is CN's "formal" restaurant. That may be due in part to low expectations, being so many folks warn that Jamaica, and not just Couples, is hardly renowned for its quality of beef . . . .
    The beef served at Couples Resorts is imported from the U.S.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

ummmm. beef patties at the Heliconia Grill. I think I ate Jerk Chicken, corn on the cob and french fries everyday there as well.

The first time we went to CN, we weren't adventurous about eting either. But the second time and all time afterward, we try something new. You can get pretty much anything you want. At lunch there is a wonderful buffet or you can eat at the beach bar & grill. Be assured, your won't go hungry

My husband and will be going back to CN for the 5th time in March 2011. We love the jerkburgers and the pizza at the grill. I just wish CN would make the snapper sandwhiches. We were able to do the trading places program this past April. We went to CSA, those snapper sandwhiches are so good. I would do the trading places thing again just for the snapper!!

The food at CN is amazing!! You will not go hungry.
    One Love,
    Mya

[QUOTE=KidsNorth ON CA;86935]Neither one of us is very adventurous when it comes to trying something new,
    QUOTE]

.....This is really the time to try new things. It's free, so if you don't like it; try something else. The food is amazing. Go crazy!!!

I agree that the tenderloin at Otaheite was delicious; I cut it with a fork. And the pumpkin soup was awesome!!! Everything we ate was delicious...75 days until we are back. Yay!!!!

Try the Teriyaki Steak at the Lychee -- VIEW RESTAURANT --. I was expecting something like a Stir Fry. What I got was a Marinated Steak that was truly amazing.