Default Margaretville Trip

We were just wondering if anyone has taken the Margaretville Trip and if they would reconmend it? How long do they stay there? How long of a ride is it from css? Thank you, The Two D's

we are at CSS right now and it says that Margaritaville trips are only done on Monday nights. You meet in the lobby at 10:45pm and come back around 1:15am and they tell you to bring cash for drinks. That was way too late for us so we didn't go, but I'll bet it's a fun outing for those who enjoy partying late into the wee hours.

I'm curious as well. Is there other stuff to do near margaritaville? is margaritaville cool? is it more than "just a bar"? is it expensive?

Thanks!

Can't comment on the Margarittaville on the Ochi side but the one in Negril was a TOTAL waste of time. The bus ride there and back was the best part, it really was fun. We were only there about an hour and were ready to go back to the resort. A definite tourist trap and rip-off. Just my opinion though.

i also have a margarettaville question. we collect the "city" shot glasses - each city is different. we went to the one in Ocho Rios and bought that one (had a picture of dunns river falls). is the one in negril different?

From CSA we walked down to Margarettaville one morning a little before noon. They were not open yet, but we went in and took some nice pictures from the upstairs bar/dining area, great view. One of the waitresses even took a group picture for us. They were very friendly, and it didn't cost us anything. From appearances it is a very cool place, right on the beach. But I agree it is pretty commercial and touristy. However, it seems to me when they are open everyone is having a lot of fun. Games, music and like I said, right on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFuninTX View Post
    we are at CSS right now and it says that Margaritaville trips are only done on Monday nights. You meet in the lobby at 10:45pm and come back around 1:15am and they tell you to bring cash for drinks. That was way too late for us so we didn't go, but I'll bet it's a fun outing for those who enjoy partying late into the wee hours.
    Is that the ONLY time they go? That's late! I was hoping for a daytime trip.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Most Margaritavilles are the same. It's fun - but a tourist trap. Remember that there is one in the airport you can check out on your way home. I'd rather shop there than to waste valuable beach time at the resort. If you're at CSA it's a short walk on the beach; from CN it's about 10 minutes.

We also went to the one in Negril. The resort is just so nice, we would rather have a drink at one of the resort bars. When you have Couples, its hard for Margarettaville to stand a chance. Just our opinion. I am sure there are many who love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dude View Post
    Is that the ONLY time they go? That's late! I was hoping for a daytime trip.
    That was the only option given. I know - very late. Was also hoping for a day trip.

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFuninTX View Post
    That was the only option given. I know - very late. Was also hoping for a day trip.
    We went years ago and the main reason we went was to hang out with Inshawn and Shawn who both used to work at couples. It was very touristy and expensive (although you cant compare the drink prices to what we were paying at couples!!). Went once and would not go again....

If you plan to go from CSS or CTI, don't waste your time. We did the 10:45 trip one time and all it was, was a bunch of drunk kids and only head banger and hip hop music. We couldn't wait to get back to the resort!
    If you are going from CSA or CN the trip is at 5:00. They have a good show, even play some Buffett music.
    When we go from the Ochi side we always take a taxie in for shopping and then leave enough time to stop at M Ville. It is fun and a must do for any Parrothead!

That's really too bad it is only a night trip. The Ocho Rios one has a really nice little shopping area we loved. I'm sure only open during the day. Whenever we are in Jamacia we make a trip to Margaritville, the airport, Negril or Ocho Rios. Even Turkes and Caices on a cruise, now that was a HUGE Margaritaville. We are Buffet Fans so just want to go and get a new hat or something from the destination. Yes, expensive and a tourist bar. Just wish it was a day trip. Would much rather hang out for a romatic evening at the resort with my husband. Might take a taxi to town during the day, just to do it. As I mentioned a really cute shopping area and we discovered a really unique restaurant there we had lunch at, almost missed our cruise ship our watch had the wrong time. Talk about running to a ship

Default Margaritaville

For those who are considering Margaritaville...don't waste your time...We went in July 2010. Did not feel safe, music way too loud...No food that they had advertised...Too many people running around with machine guns...we were searched, patted down and put through a metal detector twice..Everyone on the bus wanted to leave in the first 5 to 10 minutes...could not leave had to wait for the bus to come back.. Stay at your hotel, service is 100% better there...

The one is Negril is a total waste of time. RUDE bartenders after so awesome at the resort. Super expensive for watery drinks and they played RAP music! I was expecting Jimmy Buffet, crazy me! Do not bother. The catamaran cruise is better by far and authentic Jamaican

My son and his girlfriend who are 23 (and often goe to clubs in Toronto), went to Margaritville with his hotel for the same time slot offered with Couples.

He did not enjoy the experience at all. He felt very unsafe and was approached in the bathroom, next time he went to the bathroom he took a friend of his who is a bouncer in Toronto. His girlfriend would not leave his side because she was being bothered the whole time.

I would go during the day when it would be more touristy then at night when the locals go there.