Default CN - ocean use???

We're going to CN this year instead of CTI. It just occured to me that I haven't seen any mention here of the walk to the water from the AN beach.

I'm assuming there are no issues with taking a dip AN but would like confirmaiton.

Obviously at CTI it's a no brainer but Negril may be a different story.

Default Easy

No problem with that. You just get up from your lounger and trace across the soft sand right into bloody bay. It's so easy a caveman could do it! You will fall in love with CN

No problem at all. One of my favorite things to do is grab a floaty and head for the ocean and float AN, ahhh so peaceful! Love it!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

It's no biggy and if you feel awkward simply wrap the floatie around you and walk out into the water.

Default No problem!

Just go for it - after the first time you won't even think twice about it! Or as someone else said - wrap your floatie around you before you set off - it's only feet away anyway! It can be quite amusing people on the clothed beach or people walking along the beach from other hotels pretending not to look!!

Get a glass of champagne or what ever you fancy and take it with you - they're plastic glasses - paradise floating in the caribbean with your favourite tipple!

We are going to CTI in September this year and are hoping it lives up to CN!

Ali and Peter (England - in CN Sept 5th 2009 for two weeks) xxx

Just got back from CN and AN beach. First time walking past textile folks is a bit odd but the feeling is also exciting. I can't tell you how great it was to lay out on the float AN and look back at the beach, sky, etc. 1 funny though. We met lots of folks, all of which did not visit the AN side and some where there for wedding renewal. There was a big laugh later when we warned them that bc of the location of the AN beach to the outdoor wedding location that we might be in the background in their wedding photos!!!

One of the best things is floating out in the sunshine AN. Convincing someone to go refill the drink is even better.

best part of vacation was floating AN, just paddle out to the ropes, they will help "hold" you in place. Just wrap the float around you (my wife did just that) and you will have "no problem mon!"

I am terrified of the Ocean but for some reason I have no problems floating in Bloody Bay for hours! The water is sooo crystal clear and calm, and NO SEAWEED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dskk1985 View Post
    best part of vacation was floating AN, just paddle out to the ropes, they will help "hold" you in place. Just wrap the float around you (my wife did just that) and you will have "no problem mon!"
    tip: bring a long shoe string to moore your yacht
    ( floatie == yacht) to the rope and close to the bloody bay bar swim up bar

Hey Scotty-

Who's idea was that floating "swim-up" bar??

EXCELLENT idea!!!!
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

No Problem.... I use the term Roman Shields when folks get up and hang the floaty over their shoulder discreetly covering up their magic... Will be there in 2 weeks... AWESOME>>>>>....

Hi Beer_Suds,

Crossing over from the AN beach to the ocean turned into a bit of fun for us.

I thought of it as little kids crossing the street. We would look both ways (for oncoming traffic such as speeding textiles and gawkers). If all was clear, we'd dash across to the safety of the ocean.

I'm sure a few beach-goers probably did see our pale behinds, but that just made it funnier. Ever notice how people with clothes on are sometimes the worst bumlookers?

But to answer your question - no problems with swimming in ocean AN. All is good.

We loved CN, and you will too.

Best regards,
    dsm221b