Default An AN first @ CSS

We are losing sleep over this due to the excitement. Heading to CSS for and early 10 year anniversary trip. This will be our first AN experience and can't wait to get to SSB. It's also our first extended time away from the kiddos here at home. We're probably going to be the ones tucked away in the corner of the beach. Just wondering if who else will be there Oct. 20th - 25. Maybe we will join everyone in the pool for a cold drink or two.

Default See you there!

We'll be there from October 15 to the 24th, so part of our vacation will overlap. We'll be the pasty white folks.

Where are you coming from?

Congratulations. You will definitely love it.

Bilkat

We'll be coming from St. Louis. Even though it's extremely hot here we will be pretty pasty too. I can't wait. All of the photo's that I have found of CSS look make it look fantastic. We're a little worries about booking the Beachfront suite though. I now know that it doesn't have the fantastic balcony or the panoramic view. We may be "downgrading" (if you can call it that) to the veranda or ocean suite and requesting a good block when we get there. Do you think it will be crowded in October?

James

Crowded is really subjective at CSS. Even at peak occupancy, there is enough space that it never really feels crowded. Everyone spreads out.

We were there last year in October, and Sunset beach never seemed to run out of floaties or chairs. Still, getting there before noon is usually a good way to get at least a location you'd like.

You said you'd tuck away in a corner of the beach, so that's usually available. Most folks hang near the left side of the beach or the pool.

I like the 1 bed beachfront suites, because it's closer to all the stuff in the morning, though we saw a room in G (I think) last year, and the view was breathtaking.

It all sounds great. As they say, No problem mon. We will enjoy our stay no matter what.

We will be there Oct 19-23. You will be the ones taking our place at the AN beach

Well it sounds like there should be a quite a few of us there around the same time.

First round is on me.

My wife and I will be coming for our third trip Oct 25 to Nov 1. We love the AN beach. The only problem we had last year was getting a good place on the beach. Seems like people go down early and put towels on chairs to 'reserve' them. I don't think the CSS agrees this is OK but what can you do. Anyone else had this problem. We are coming a week earlier this year hoping to not have the problem

While we're SSB pool people, I must say that I've never seen the beach crowded, except for one day when Tower Isle people were bused over (I guess the island was closed due to rough water?) CSS/SSB staff were quick to get extra chairs and floaties over, everyone was accomodated. If you cant find a couple of chairs or floaties, just ask the bartender and he/she will make the call.

Saving of chairs should not be allowed, but I guess that it's hard to monitor.

We're there from Oct 10 til the 18th, we'll try not to drink all the Red Stripe and Rum!

Enjoy all

Quote Originally Posted by jjprescott View Post
    My wife and I will be coming for our third trip Oct 25 to Nov 1. We love the AN beach. The only problem we had last year was getting a good place on the beach. Seems like people go down early and put towels on chairs to 'reserve' them. I don't think the CSS agrees this is OK but what can you do. Anyone else had this problem. We are coming a week earlier this year hoping to not have the problem
    We will be there October 23-30, with an October 27 wedding. It'll be our first AN experience! (Not for the wedding!)

We are in our late 50's (hard to believe) and will be at CSS Oct. 15-25. Even in my old fat state. I will be at SSB at least one day. See you there

Default Don't hide!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    We are losing sleep over this due to the excitement. Heading to CSS for and early 10 year anniversary trip. This will be our first AN experience and can't wait to get to SSB. It's also our first extended time away from the kiddos here at home. We're probably going to be the ones tucked away in the corner of the beach. Just wondering if who else will be there Oct. 20th - 25. Maybe we will join everyone in the pool for a cold drink or two.
    Do yourselves a huge favor and don't hide away. Get into the pool and introduce yourselves. We have met the most wonderful people at the SSB pool and many have become lasting friends. Nobody is going to judge you for what you look like (if you want to be judged for your appearance, the textile beach is the place for that).

Enjoy your week! You will wonder why you never did AN before.

When we first went to SSB last year, my wife was really nervous. Just as we entered the area, there was a hammock to the left, out of the way. She wanted to start there. I held the hammock while she stripped and got in. Then I let go to drop my trunks. Just as I did the hammock flipped and wife ended up on the ground, covered in sand. Well, the only way to get it off was to walk to the shower on the other side of the pool, which she did. By the time she got back she was not nervous anymore and we got in lounge chairs next to the pool, then in the pool, then over to the bar. So don't worry, have a great time...and stay out of the hammocks:-0

Love2Beach:

As lucky a spill as I've ever heard!

Bilkat

So if my soon to be wife wants to get her feet wet with topless at SSB is the pool bar CO after 5pm? Is it frowned upon to only go topless after 5?

Last July we stayed after 5:00 and partied until about 6:00 on our own with other SSB'ers. Some first time AN'ers came by and had a good time. Some of them left their suits on. It was a fun and interesting mingle.

Bilkat

endgames
    IMHO, I don't were where that would be a problem, at least in July when we're there. That time of the year the sunsets later and we have been known to stay A/N past the 5:00 PM since few come over right at 5.

Quote Originally Posted by endgames View Post
    So if my soon to be wife wants to get her feet wet with topless at SSB is the pool bar CO after 5pm? Is it frowned upon to only go topless after 5?
    Nope...I encourage it!!