Hybrid View

Default Questions for Sans Souci Regulars

My fiancé and I went to Sans Souci in Sep 2007 and stayed for seven nights but we did not nearly do everything and some things were closed for renovation (like the mineral pool). We did not even get to go to Sunset Beach and watch the sunset. We also didn’t go to the orientation. We did explore the grounds by ourselves. This time we will definitely go to the orientation tour and tour the grounds on our own again. The property is so big and there is so much to do (a week is not nearly enough time). When we go back in October to get married, I want to make sure that we do not miss out on ANYTHING! I have a few questions for those of you who have been to Sans Souci a few times and would like to help us out! TIA!!

Here they are:
    1) Do the pools close or can you swim in them anytime?
    2) How about the Jacuzzis? Can you go in them anytime?
    3) How about Sunset Beach? My fiancé and I are not comfortable getting naked in front of many people (even though we do not mind others being that way around us). Can we use the pool or Jacuzzi after 5pm when Sunset Beach opens to clothed people to watch the sunset?
    4) What’s up with the pool by the lobby and Balloon Bar? When we went there, we never saw people in it. Do people swim in this pool as well or is it basically just for looks? I think it looks nice and I would like to get in it.
    5) Does anyone have any pictures of views/rooms from G block one bedroom ocean suites? Last time we stayed in the one bedroom, beachfront (Jacuzzi) suite and
    I think we missed out on seeing and doing a lot because we were so close to the beach and pool bar that that’s all we did all day every day. This time I want a good view and some seclusion since it will be our weddingmoon.

If there are any suggestions/recommendations or any must-do’s, please let us know. Thanks!
    ~Christy~

This is just too hard to read! Gives me eye strain trying.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

1: you can swim any time you want
    2: any time
    3: haven't been there
    4: i've seen people in it
    5: can't help ya there I'm in b block.

Must do would be dunns river, quite fun and not a long trip at all. other must: do's have fun

1)the pools don't close, you can swim anytime, though I don't think I remember ever seeing someone in any after dark in 4 trips, so you would have them to yourself
    2)same thing for the jacuzzis
    3)after 5, anyone can use the facilities at Sunset Beach
    4)I also have rarely seen anyone in that pool. I think that's because it's out of the way for daily activities, but it always open, just like any other pool
    5)sorry, we always stay in the beachfront suites, so I don't have pictures. We just make sure we set times aside to go to the other areas. We prefer the beachfront because they are more in the center of most of what is going on, and we spend most of the day in the main pool, so it's convenient, as well as so for the gala, beach party, etc.

I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the room, as you know, you'll have a great time. Do take the orientation, then note what you really want to do and just schedule time to do them.

Have fun!

Thanks everyone for your replies. And sorry Wally 'bout the font; I had typed it up in Word so I could save it and that's the font I like to use. But here it is in regular font in case you have any suggestions since I know you post a lot about CSS. Thanks!!!

Different font of post:
    My fiancé and I went to Sans Souci in Sep 2007 and stayed for seven nights but we did not nearly do everything and some things were closed for renovation (like the mineral pool). We did not even get to go to Sunset Beach and watch the sunset. We also didn’t go to the orientation. We did explore the grounds by ourselves. This time we will definitely go to the orientation tour and tour the grounds on our own again. The property is so big and there is so much to do (a week is not nearly enough time). When we go back in October to get married, I want to make sure that we do not miss out on ANYTHING! I have a few questions for those of you who have been to Sans Souci a few times and would like to help us out! TIA!!

Here they are:
    1) Do the pools close or can you swim in them anytime?
    2) How about the Jacuzzis? Can you go in them anytime?
    3) How about Sunset Beach? My fiancé and I are not comfortable getting naked in front of many people (even though we do not mind others being that way around us). Can we use the pool or Jacuzzi after 5pm when Sunset Beach opens to clothed people to watch the sunset?
    4) What’s up with the pool by the lobby and Balloon Bar? When we went there, we never saw people in it. Do people swim in this pool as well or is it basically just for looks? I think it looks nice and I would like to get in it.
    5) Does anyone have any pictures of views/rooms from G block one bedroom ocean suites? Last time we stayed in the one bedroom, beachfront (Jacuzzi) suite and
    I think we missed out on seeing and doing a lot because we were so close to the beach and pool bar that that’s all we did all day every day. This time I want a good view and some seclusion since it will be our weddingmoon.

If there are any suggestions/recommendations or any must-do’s, please let us know. Thanks!
    ~Christy~

Thanks Christy, but my comment was more tongue-in-cheek than serious. I don't have much to add to the previous answers, but I can comment on a couple. We also stayed in the Beachfront Suites, so I can't provide any pictures from block G.

The pool at CN closes for the evening…they even have a sign…so I would assume the same is true at CSS, but I can’t say for sure.

We noticed that when Sunset Beach opens to clothed people at 5 PM that the naked people just leave the beach and go to the pool/bar/restroom area (which is not visible from the beach). Sometimes a few even walk through the sunset along the water to give the sunset viewers a show. I believe that the entire area is open to everyone and it didn’t look like anyone was forced to get dressed at 5 PM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Default CSS 1BR Ocean Suite, etc

I attached the view from the chaise on the balcony of our 1st floor room in Gardenia Block from this past April. It is definitely more private, but you need to tripls check you have what you want before you head to the beach. Lots of steps to go back up for sunscreen or a hat!
    We are more active vacationers, so our "to-do" list is more watersports oriented, so keep that in mind when reading my list.
    1. Dunn's Falls (especially if you haven't made the trek yet)
    2. Grotto - usually really private and quiet because it is chilly and there are fish and crayfish in the water, but one of my favorite spots at CSS
    3. Time to relax in a hammock
    4. I am also a planner, so I usually have a plan of dinner which restaurant/which nights and activities (watersports/excursions), etc. so we can make reservations as soon as we get to the resort.
    5. The jacuzzi above the mineral pool is quite lovely.
    6. The spa service is also fantastic, with incredible views from the couples massage-Hideaway hut.
    7. From watching other brides-to-be traveling, keep in mind that you may not have lots of room for a wedding dress on the plane. Flights to MBJ are usually pretty full (US Air at least).
    Best wishes for a wonderful wedding-moon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Wally! About the font -- u were right tho, I had problems reading it cuz my astigmatism so I just re-posted it. Thanks again.

kiki23,
    Wow we seem to have some things in common. I love the water and watersports, and I am also a planner (I have a spreadsheet made up of all the things we want to do at specific times and the restaurants we want to eat at on specific nights). Thank you so much for all the great info!
    ~Christy~