Thread: CSS - Block C

Default CSS - Block C

Hello

I was wondering whether anyone had any pics of rooms in block C as its not mentioned very often.

Thanks

I could be wrong here, but I do know where Block C is, and it's the block next to the Pallazina that contains the rooms with no balcony. It's a small block, with probably 10 rooms total, and I believe only four of them have no balcony (the resort was originally built as a private residence complex), but unless the resort is completely full, I'd imagine most people would prefer a different location/room.

Having said that, I have seen a few rooms in there, and they're great. I would definitely prefer a room with a balcony, but if it came to making a choice between a room with no balcony and not going, it's a no-brainer. The windows are big and open up fully, and the location on the resort is very nice.

thank you for your response.

In late April, we spent 1 night in the Penthouse Suite (C-8) in C block. We moved from that room the next day so I don't really have any pics of the room. But, I do have a few pics of our view from C-8 (keeping in mind it was the Penthouse Suite, so the views are from the top floor).

View from C-8 balcony (off of living room):

Name:  CSS.Rm.C8.View1.FromBalcony_04.10.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  74.9 KB

View from C-8 bedroom:

Name:  CSS.Rm.C8.View2.FromBedroom_04.10.jpg
Views: 941
Size:  57.5 KB

View of C-8 from the steps betw/ Palazzina & C block. C-8 is the top right room. The tinted windows are the bedroom of C-8 & that little balcony to the left is off of the living room of C-8:

Name:  CSS.Rm.C8.FromGround.C8TopRight_04.10.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  67.6 KB

In this last pic, you can see some rounded-top windows. These would be the regular rooms in C block that have no balcony. But, they are nice, big windows, so you'd most likely get a decent view (if not blocked by foliage). You just wouldn't have a balcony to sit out on.

And, here's one more pic...

View of C block from ground level (near Palazzina & the beach) (D block would be up & to the left a little bit on the cliff to the left in this pic & Palazzina is immediately to the right):

Name:  CSS.Grounds1_04.10.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  82.9 KB

Jackie

Thanks Jackie.

Jackie...I've been wanting to tell you how much I appreciate your posts!
    Hubby & I were at CSS 8/2 thru 8/8. We had the Steve McQueen suite. I was telling him about you & how you figured out all the penthouses! lol
    Boy did I long for that D13 tho Every day that we were going up/down the stairs to our suite, we had to pass the D13 Prime Minister...lol Maybe one day! I'm still holding out
    Last edited by wileeandrr; August 22nd, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011

Default Question for JackieMRP

Why did you only stay one night in the Penthouse Suite in Block C? Was there something you really didn't like about the room?

Any info you could share would be great.

Thank you.
    suzyQ

Good thing about C block....there are only so many, so we booked it, and got bumped up to B block....I bet that is your best odds of all 4 resorts to receive an upgrade
    The sun & the sand & a drink in my hand, with no bottom

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Jackie...I've been wanting to tell you how much I appreciate your posts!
    Hubby & I were at CSS 8/2 thru 8/8. We had the Steve McQueen suite. I was telling him about you & how you figured out all the penthouses! lol
    Boy did I long for that D14 tho Every day that we were going up/down the stairs to our suite, we had to pass the D13 Prime Minister...lol Maybe one day! I'm still holding out

Well, it was a tough job figuring out the Penthouses, but someone had to do it !!

Honestly, I don't think I would prefer the Prime Minister suite (D-13). We really liked the huge, open balconies of the 4 PH suites on "top" of D block. D-13 (Prime Minster) has an enclosed balcony (like regular rooms), though it's a bit larger I believe, and you wouldn't get as broad of a view. Of course, it you wouldn't like the "open" balconies (i.e. those lattice dividers) then D-13 would be great !!

We really enjoyed D-14 (Steve McQueen), but D-21 (Angela Bassette) is still my favorite so far. Hmmmm, but we really appreciated that extra 1/2 bath in D-14. So hard to decide !!

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Why did you only stay one night in the Penthouse Suite in Block C? Was there something you really didn't like about the room?

Any info you could share would be great.

Thank you.
    suzyQ

SusyQ,

Well, I guess it just comes down to personal preference. I just didn't like the layout of the C-8 (Pavarotti) PH ste.

There are 2 bedrooms & 2 full bathrooms (1 in each bedroom), a large living room & a kitchen area w/ a full-size fridge (which was stocked w/ the same amt of stuff as the mini-fridges in other rooms).

Each bedroom is an OK size, but the bathrooms are tiny. The main bathroom in the larger bedroom (on the water side of the suite -- those tinted sliding glass doors in my pics above) has the toilet, a regular tub & a tiny sink/counter, w/ almost no counter space (what can I say.....I'm a girl & I have a lot of stuff !!). The bathroom in the other bedroom has the toilet, another small sink/counter setup & just a small shower stall.

The living room was large & had the only balcony off of that. The main bedroom had the tinted sliding glass doors, but there was really no balcony there.

Anyway, it was a fine room, but just not to our liking (well, mine really since my husband would've stayed there w/ no problem !!)

Oh, and the other problem w/ C-8 is that it REEKED of cigarette smoke -- yuck !!!

We were lucky, really, since they actually had another Penthouse Suite that they could move us into, which Tameika at the front desk did very graciously.

Jackie

Jackie,
    Thank you so much for your response! This will be our secound trip to CSS--on our first trip we were lucky enough to get the Steve McQueen Suite. It was truly amazing!!! We will be back for the week between Christmas and New Years, and I know all the PH Suites are booked already, so I hope I can get one in D Block again! I worried about the PH Suite in C Block because it's close to the Balloon Bar and thought it might be noisy....But I won't complain, because my husband and I will be in paradise together at Couples!

Thanks again!
    suzyQ

SuzyQ,
    The PH in C block (C-8) is really not too close to the Balloon Bar. I suppose that if you were near the window in the kitchen or near the window of the 2nd bedroom, then you might hear noise from the Balloon Bar. But, if you were sleeping in the "main" bedroom, that faces Palazzina & the beach, then I can't imagine that you'd hear any noise.

The PH suites in E block are really close to the Balloon Bar, so those would be noisier, I would think.

You're sure right about being in paradise !!

Jackie

Great to see some information on the Penthouse in 'C' block! Hard to find so thanks for sharing
    We were lucky enough to book early and get a Penthouse for 11 nights at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb and can't wait CSS looks like a very special place and I think we picked a perfect place for us

Quote Originally Posted by sunflower1972 View Post
    Great to see some information on the Penthouse in 'C' block! Hard to find so thanks for sharing
    We were lucky enough to book early and get a Penthouse for 11 nights at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb and can't wait CSS looks like a very special place and I think we picked a perfect place for us

Ohhhhh, 11 nights ?? Even better since you'll be in a penthouse !! I'm so jealous !!!

Yuppers, 11 whole nights in paradise We were so happy when we could get a penthouse suite for the whole time. Going to enjoy every second of it We did 11 nights last year in St Lucia and it was the perfect amount of time. I find one week goes tooooo fast, and the hubby finds 2 weeks is too long (NOT ME!!LOL)