Default Why do you LOVE CTI???

After delaying our trip for 1 year, we are finally 5 months away from our first trip to Couples and Jamaica and I am not so excited anymore Seeing the pics of the beach with algae and seaweed has me wondering if we should switch to CSS Please help me get excited again...why you do Love CTI?
    Thanks!

A hurricane couldn't keep us from going, much less the seaweed.

After all, the seaweed doesn't welcome you home, the seaweed doesn't make you feel like the most important couple on earth, the seaweed doesn't cook the fabulous lamb, the seaweed doesn't smile at you first thing in the morning when you're getting your omlette. The seaweed CERTAINLY doesn't impact you reconnecting with your spouse.

Hey!!! DO NOT SWITCH!! We went to CTI the last week of May this year, we only got to hang out on the beach for maybe 2 days...that's ok, the staff will make up for it!! They are PERFECT!!!! They treat you so well and go out of their way to make sure you are happy!! There could be no beach and we would still go back to CTI!! The staff and the food are why we love CTI, nothing compares to the BEST staff in the world!!!!!

The staff, the service, the food, it's Jamaica, the drinks, the beach flag drink service, it's the beach, it's the Caribbean, I don't have to cook, clean or do laundry, make my bed, or go to work.
    The seaweed could happen anywhere at any time---no one has any control over that, I've seen it in Negril, and all over the Caribbean, just depends on the ocean currents.

So many reasons! The old Hollywood feel, Bayside, not hearing "jetski, jetski, jetski" every 5 minutes, sunrise over the island, and on and on.

Can't wait to see her again in December!

Default my 2 cents

Ok here goes. We were married at cti in 2006. Last year we tried CN because I am such a beach and water person. While cn has an amazing beach and the water was calm all but 2 days (I actually liked it better rough to play in), it just doesn't beat the views and feeling of cti! The view and ocean jr suites at cti are heavenly! Also, the island is a blast and people there are amazing! We also absolutely loved the dive crew at cti whereas at cn I did not feel they were welcoming at all, to the point where I did not dive there but twice. Even with the beach issues and the rougher waters, I would pick cti hands down! Now I would also love to try css at some point but I think cti will always have my heart. I do not like pools so I know I would be taking a chance with waters at cti right now but I wouldn't hesitate to take that chance tomorrow if I could! I would just figure out a way to get farther out n the water where the seaweed wasn't a problem (we didn't have this issue when we were there). As far as the beach goesa, it won't lose the whole beach, it will come and go in pieces so u will always have plenty of beach to lay on! Go and enjoy! I hope u love cti like we did!

Love

Don't worry bout a ting, Mon. Every little ting gonna be alright.

Thank you Bob Marley for those comforting words.

I envy the two of you, this being your first time in Jamaica and coming to this gorgeous resort. We know exactly how you feel. The excitement, anticipation, the "what ifs", remember that? It is truly a great experience enhanced by the fact that both of you will share your time there. Both of you will see and do everything "together", and each of you will take home moments and memories.

In about 131 days, we will return to our tropical Caribbean oasis of warm hospitality, scrumptious food and beverage, and everywhere you look, you'll see couples in love. Oh yeah, one more thing, this trip will be our 29 to this resort. And we still get all the tingles and bells and whistles every time we go. That's why I can promise you an awesome experience.

Go knowing nothing, experience everything and you will be overwhelmed. I promise you.

Richie

First and foremost is the at home atmosphere. Next would be all the trips included, and the great food. The island is a great time! The water sports and acivitiies in the evenings...but really it is the staff!

Quote Originally Posted by shelspaur View Post
    Ok here goes. We were married at cti in 2006. Last year we tried CN because I am such a beach and water person. While cn has an amazing beach and the water was calm all but 2 days (I actually liked it better rough to play in), it just doesn't beat the views and feeling of cti! The view and ocean jr suites at cti are heavenly! Also, the island is a blast and people there are amazing! We also absolutely loved the dive crew at cti whereas at cn I did not feel they were welcoming at all, to the point where I did not dive there but twice. Even with the beach issues and the rougher waters, I would pick cti hands down! Now I would also love to try css at some point but I think cti will always have my heart. I do not like pools so I know I would be taking a chance with waters at cti right now but I wouldn't hesitate to take that chance tomorrow if I could! I would just figure out a way to get farther out n the water where the seaweed wasn't a problem (we didn't have this issue when we were there). As far as the beach goesa, it won't lose the whole beach, it will come and go in pieces so u will always have plenty of beach to lay on! Go and enjoy! I hope u love cti like we did!
    Thanks soo much! I'm super excited again

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Love

Don't worry bout a ting, Mon. Every little ting gonna be alright.

Thank you Bob Marley for those comforting words.

I envy the two of you, this being your first time in Jamaica and coming to this gorgeous resort. We know exactly how you feel. The excitement, anticipation, the "what ifs", remember that? It is truly a great experience enhanced by the fact that both of you will share your time there. Both of you will see and do everything "together", and each of you will take home moments and memories.

In about 131 days, we will return to our tropical Caribbean oasis of warm hospitality, scrumptious food and beverage, and everywhere you look, you'll see couples in love. Oh yeah, one more thing, this trip will be our 29 to this resort. And we still get all the tingles and bells and whistles every time we go. That's why I can promise you an awesome experience.

Go knowing nothing, experience everything and you will be overwhelmed. I promise you.

Richie
    Awe...thanks so much 29th visit! WOW. We plan to visit all of couples resorts before we do a repeat.

I appreciate all of your input and I can't wait to go! Woohoo

The Staff and the people we meet here then the food, the activities. We are here (with barbgentile) and the beach is fine. Yes there is a row of seaweed om the morning that the staff beginning raking up so that the beach looks amazing. Today the water was very calm. I told hubby if I had goggles I could have swam to and from the island.
    Vicky

I really liked this!!! I remember when we first made our reservations in March for 09/2011 that we had possibly made the wrong choice with CTI. They seem to always get a bad rep on the message board but, after one of my co-workers and friends went to CTI in 03/2011 and came back in love with the place. She know what I like and dislike. I also listened closely to what some of my fellow message boarders said and I knew that this was the place for me. After reading this post, I'm still convinced we made the right choice.

Thank you Shelspaur for describing the ocean jr. suite in little detail. That's the room we choose because of the minibar and frig. We don't want to be walking and carrying stuff from the bar to the room. Thank u everyone for helping me understand why we chose CTI to celebrate our 10th yr. anniversary.

does this mean CTI doesn't offer jetsking?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbynewt View Post
    So many reasons! The old Hollywood feel, Bayside, not hearing "jetski, jetski, jetski" every 5 minutes, sunrise over the island, and on and on.

Can't wait to see her again in December!

Quote Originally Posted by andreanmickey View Post
    does this mean CTI doesn't offer jetsking?
    Jetskis are 3rd party at all resorts. You can book them through the tour desk.

andreanmickey, jet skiing can be arrangesd but you are in a private cove so you have to travel to do it. There are no vendors, walkers, parasailing boats or jet ski vendors at the resort.

I loved CTI because of the beautiful views, the EXCELLENT snorkleing around the island, the Island, the ambiance, the breathtaking landscaping, the plethora of dining choices, the food (!), the jamaican weather, did I mention the food(?), the nice rooms. Basically we loved everything about the resort.

Even the fellow guests seem special. We've had more fun partying at Couples than most anyplace we've ever been.
    But most of all, it's the staff at all the Couples resorts that make it so special. The ready smiles, can do attitudes and personalized care cannot be beat by anywhere, period.

We'll be back in paridise in 16 days!

Default Get Excited!

My wife and I were at CTI in July. We had an Ocean Jr. Suite with balconies over the main beach. Every morning before breakfast, we saw someone cleaning the sea weed off of the beach. Every day the beach was pristine.

CTI was recently rated in the 2010 Travel + Leisure World’s Best:

Ranked #4 of the Top 25 Resorts
    Ranked #1 All Inclusive in the Caribbean, Bermuda and the Bahamas

Resorts with piles of rotting sea weed on the beach don't get ratings like this! Stop worrying and get excited, because you are headed to a fantastic place!

To answer your specific question of why we love CTI:

Fantastic scenery, fantastic food, fantastic employees, fantastic rooms, easy to relax, enough activities to choose from to keep things interesting. We never felt rushed, never felt bored, never felt that we lacked for anything, never felt like we could have made a better choice.

If you still have your doubts, my wife and I would be happy to go in your place!

25th@CTI, I love your comments! I am always looking for as many positive comments as I can find about CTI. We have about 391 days before we can bask in the glories of CTI. It seems like forever!

Quote Originally Posted by spice505 View Post
    25th@CTI, I love your comments! I am always looking for as many positive comments as I can find about CTI. We have about 391 days before we can bask in the glories of CTI. It seems like forever!

Hello spice505,

My wife and I have been to CTI twice already and booked our third visit for the week of 8/29-9/4/11...It appears that we will be missing you by about a couple of weeks...We're down to 372 days now...Believe me, you will so enjoy this place!

We went to CTI, 20 years ago (then called Couples Ocho Rios) and returned a couple weeks ago for our 20th wedding anniversary. We were so excited about it but worried that our expectations would far surpass our experience! It didn't happen. We loved every single moment of CTI. The most important reason we loved it, the staff and the service, of course - especially Collin and AJ (dive team). But waking up and going to sleep with the sound, the sight, the smells of the ocean. The beach was cleaned every morning - we watched them every morning clean up the beach -never once did we have a concern about seaweed or anything. You WILL NOT be sorry. We spent a day at CSS and loved it there too, very peaceful and beautiful, but not the same kind of friendly service! Loved CTI and WILL NOT wait another 20 years to return!

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    andreanmickey, jet skiing can be arrangesd but you are in a private cove so you have to travel to do it. There are no vendors, walkers, parasailing boats or jet ski vendors at the resort.
    ...and that is one of the other reasons we love CTI. It is devoid of all the motor boat noise. There are also no other resorts next to CTI. Exception is the CTI boats, but those are nothing compared to the drone of constant jet skis and other motor boats from all the resorts on a busy beach. Ahhhhh~~~
    Vicky