Default Departure Tax - Bag Check - Duty on Souvenirs?

I am trying to figure out how much money we will need for the following things:

1. Departure Tax
    2. Bag Check
    3. Duty on Souvenirs

Does anyone have any ideas?

Departure Tax - Departure tax is generally included in the cost of your airfare. We've been to Jamaica 18 times and have never had to pay this out-of-pocket in departing.

Bag Check- Fees for checking baggage are set by the airlines. Look at the web site for your particular airline to determine what fees might be assessed to you.

Duty - How much are your planning to buy? In most cases, the personal exemption is $800, but there are some exceptions to this rule. Go to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's web site (www.cbp.gov) for information on the duty-free exemption and for limitations on items that can be brought back into the country.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the great info! I thought the departure tax was included, but wanted to be sure, I will check into it more.

does anyone know if its included in airtrans fair

We flew US Airways from Philadelphia to MBJ and the same flight back. We got charged for bags going to JA but not on the way back to the US.

I had almost forgotten how much more convenient it is not to have to pay the departure tax out of pocket when leaving Jamaica. We have been visiting Jamaica for almost 25 years now and for many of those years we had to be certain to have the correct amount of cash to pay it at the airport as we left Jamaica. Then some airlines, like Air Jamaybe, began to include it in the airfare while others did not. This got silly as the people collecting the departure tax had to see your printed ticket and look for a code that showed it had already been paid. There were times when we paid the airline and then had to pay again in cash at Sangster.
    Ahhh.... progress!