Default CN- Deluxe Beachfront Suite

We have a beachfront suite and although we know you can't request rooms, we are assuming that you can request when you get there.Those of you that have stayed in one, is it better to get a ground floor or an upper level? We are torn as we like the idea of walking off the deck onto the beach but we also would like a good view of the ocean. Any suggestions or comments?? January 22nd seems so far away!

I have never stayed in a beachfront suite but keep in mind all buildings face in ward and none of them face the ocean directly. I had a building in mind last year when we went and we got something completely different. Told my husband, let's go see what it looks like and fell in love with it. Sometimes going in with an expectation sets you up for disappointment. Since it is your first trip, maybe better to take what you get and you might be pleasantly surprised.

There isn't a "better" choice; there are only personal preferences. Some people want to avoid any stairs and want a ground floor room. Others want more privacy or a better view and request the third floor. Others want a better view than that afforded from the ground floor but want to avoid two flights of steps, so their second-floor preference is a compromise.

In truth, there are only 12 beachfront suites, and January is in the peak of travel season. It's likely that you won't have a choice of building or floor. We used to stay in a beachfront suite but stopped booking that category b/c we were always put in Building 5, which is the least inconvenient for us. Now we stay in a beachfront room and always receive a room in Building 6 or 9, which are better suited to us.
    Last edited by Pamela; August 23rd, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We were very fortunate to get building 6. Suite 6101. Views were INCREDIBLE and location was awesome. So yes some suites do actually have a great view. Our suite was located on ground floor. Close to pool, close to AN if you are into that. If not no worries...We couldn't see it from our room as the two suites above us would've been able to. Ask if this room is available if not, no worries...your in Jamaica and at Couples Negril afterall!
    Erin N Steve (always Erin)

Quote Originally Posted by jc View Post
    We have a beachfront suite and although we know you can't request rooms, we are assuming that you can request when you get there.Those of you that have stayed in one, is it better to get a ground floor or an upper level? We are torn as we like the idea of walking off the deck onto the beach but we also would like a good view of the ocean. Any suggestions or comments?? January 22nd seems so far away!
    ....The ground floor rooms are good to just walk out onto the beach. But you have no privacy on your balcony/deck. The 3rd floor has nearly total privacy and a better view. But there ARE those 36 steps!!

Airbell-
    Didn't realize you had a Beachfront Suite til I saw your pics. We were actually neighbors for a day....we were in 6301! LOVED our room & location. They originally had us in a groundfloor room in Bldg 5, but that was much too far from our favorite spot on the beach!!
    CTI - Nov 06, Mar 11, Feb 12
    CSS - Sep 07, Sep 11, Sep 14
    CNG - Sep 08, Feb 09, Sep 09, Nov 10, Sep 12
    CSA - Jun 13

My husband and I will be going to CN fir the fifth time in April 2011. We usually get the the third floor because if the privacy. It doesnt matter what building because they are all good. I like to climb the stairs, especially after the amazing dinners.
    One Love,
    Mya

Suite 9308 got fantastic view and overlooking the beach :-)

Thanks everyone. Everyone is right, think we'll just go with the flo and take what we get!!