Default Zika and Couples Swept Away/Surrounding Area

I want to just write a quick note to get some feedback from people who actually know who are on the ground in Jamaica, or who know from experience of being at Couples Swept Away.

How concerned do I have to be re: Zika virus? We are planning on bringing mosquito spray with +25% deet. It sucks to have to put this on and smell like mosquito spray, but we also want to avoid getting Zika virus at all costs.

We already bought our tickets are arriving July 5, but I just am a little stressed about this.

They must spray on the resort, right? If we wander off the resort, is that when we have to be the most careful?

Any input is welcome! Thanks in advance!

See you in 10 days!

Ryan, I don't think you'll find absolute info on this board.
    For instance, I would highly doubt that the resort does any spraying.
    If you "want to avoid Zika virus at all costs", start with the CDC.
    Good luck.

Blog Entries

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Message Board. We do have a few confirmed cases in Jamaica and we recommend repellant for mosquitoes as well as sand fleas. Please note however that at our resorts, we DO SPRAY and it is also conducted generally in the country.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Blog Entries

Hi Umberto,

We do ensure that we provide our guests with accurate and factual information on our social media sites. I have advised Ryan on what we do at the resorts and we also implore all guests to take insect repellant with them.

There are confirmed cases of the virus on the island and we do encourage ALL Staff and Guests and Jamaicans in general to try their best to protect themselves from the virus.

Thank you again for your continued support of Couples Resorts.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

We are returning to CSA in August. Every trip we have taken insect repellant, but honestly, have never really needed it on property. We give it to the staff when we leave, and they are always happy to have it. I would guess that the resorts do spray, as the bug bites have been non-existent. I would certainly recommend it for any off property activities.

I have personally seen spraying at both CN and CSA. I talked with the staff member at CN and he was spraying for sand fleas.

Life is good

If my wife were pregnant, or if we were trying to get pregnant, I would avoid traveling to areas that have an increased risk of contracting this virus. I'm no doctor, just my personal thoughts....

we were just at CN and saw them spraying (were told it was for mosquitoes). I tend to be attractive to sand fleas and mosquitoes so we were absolutely being careful about pregnancy and the like. I would not have gone if we were pregnant or attempting to become so.