Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

my first time to a resort where tipping is not allowed .... i have been on holidays where it is expected and there hand is out ... been very rude .... (10 dollar tip) and looking for more money . it really ruins the whole experience when every where you go is tipppy tippppy . I think it is refreshing to have a no tipping policy .

ScottnKim:

By signing the charge to your room. This is done all the time in hotels.

IntheSun

As for tipping the bag handlers at the airport, we consider the couple bucks we give them nothing. We don't consider them greedy. They don't have minimum wages like here in the states. We tip the guy at the airport here who gets our bags off the shuttle also. The guys at departure also take you to your airline check in desk.

Regardless tipping is a custom and never mandatory.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    As for tipping the bag handlers at the airport, we consider the couple bucks we give them nothing. We don't consider them greedy. They don't have minimum wages like here in the states. We tip the guy at the airport here who gets our bags off the shuttle also. The guys at departure also take you to your airline check in desk.

Regardless tipping is a custom and never mandatory.
    tell that to the guy shoving his hand in your face and asking for a tip

To be clear, we don't tip anyone in the Couples lounge at the airport? Including the bartender?

Quote Originally Posted by Pibblelover View Post
    To be clear, we don't tip anyone in the Couples lounge at the airport? Including the bartender?
    ....The bartender at the airport "Couples Resort Welcome Center" is a Couples employee, and doesn't take tips. I learned this right off.

If you go golfing, tip the caddies $20 - $25 for 18 holes.

Is it not permitted to tip? This is a question that I should have asked about seven years ago on our first trip. I don't want any of the staff to be in trouble but I would enjoy giving back to those that make our trip extra special nice.
    I really thought it was up to us.

Steventylerfan,

All staff participate in a generous profit sharing plan.

Try to think of it this way: Imagine that the resort is a theatre putting on a play. Actors (bartenders, waiters, waitresses, etc) are the only employees you see on stage. Yet, there are dozens of people behind the scene helping to ensure that their performance to be the best it can be. While these people are not visible, they are equally important to the success of the play.

You only see the actors... No Tipping!

Couples Resorts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2