Default Dress Sandals @ CSS Dinner Restaurants

I saw that open toe shoes are not allowed at the dinner restaurants at CSS. Does that really mean I can't wear dressy sandals to dinner?

The dress code requiring closed toe shoes applies to men only

That rule is only for the men.
    Us ladies can wear anything we want as long as it's dressy looking... I never wear heals because then I'd be taller than my hubby and I don't like that. I wear dressy thong/flip flop type sandals.

If you are female, you can wear dressy sandals, men cannot wear open toe sandals.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

Men are to wear closed toe shoes, women can wear dressy sandles. The key is if you would wear it to a "nice" restaurant here, than it is probably OK there.
    Linda

The open toed shoes are required for men not women. Your dressy sandals will be fine for women.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: . . . summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Default dressy sandals for men

Quote Originally Posted by mmrausch View Post
    I saw that open toe shoes are not allowed at the dinner restaurants at CSS. Does that really mean I can't wear dressy sandals to dinner?
    Hi I've been wondering that too for my husband. He always wears leather mule sandals in the caribbean with a wide 4/5 inch band across the front. Is this what they term as dressy sandals? Are they just trying to avoid pool sandals do you think, i.e. flip flops and rubber mules? Be interested to discover what they consider a dressy sandal. Any help appreciated

Hello--that usually refers to mens sandals not womens...

Ladies can where dressy sandals men need to have closed toe shoes my Hubby had some closed toe sandals and boat shoes he brought to wear at the casanova which is really the only Restaurant with a strict dress code the palazina they do not enforce dress code one bit at dinner! but still great food just upset us a bit that we worried so much and spent a great deal of money to buy new clothes to insure we were dressed proper! people were allowed in jean shorts and tank shirts to eat dinner so sad IMO a few even came in in dry swim trunks I was very disappointed in this but like I said the food is great just do not over spend and worry so much unless you go to the casanova alot

Quote Originally Posted by Janbme View Post
    Ladies can where dressy sandals men need to have closed toe shoes my Hubby had some closed toe sandals and boat shoes he brought to wear at the casanova which is really the only Restaurant with a strict dress code the palazina they do not enforce dress code one bit at dinner! but still great food just upset us a bit that we worried so much and spent a great deal of money to buy new clothes to insure we were dressed proper! people were allowed in jean shorts and tank shirts to eat dinner so sad IMO a few even came in in dry swim trunks I was very disappointed in this but like I said the food is great just do not over spend and worry so much unless you go to the casanova alot
    What? The website says "shorts are not permitted". I wish the rules weren't so wishy-washy. I'd hate for my DH to pack a suitcase full of long pants when others are wearing swim shorts and tanks! Not that he would! We'd be happy if he could wear nice dress shorts with a button up shirt, because a) it's hot, and b) we're going for 2 weeks so he'd have to bring several pants for all the dressy restaurants at CTI and CSS... and hopefully not for nothing! KWIM? I even thought about the laundry service, but with a 2 day turn around that's not so useful being at 2 resorts.

But about men's sandals... DH wore closed leather sandals to Feathers, so he wouldn't have to wear socks. They're sort of weaved strips of leather, so a tiny bit of air flows through. But I think this time he's just taking his boat shoes which can also be worn bare foot.

I second the deck shoes for the men. They could go with khaki or linen pants for the indoor restaurants or with shorts at Bella Vista, outdoor dining by beach bar.