Default CSA or CN for honeymoon?

Hello All!

I recently got engaged, and my fiance and I did some research for honeymoon destinations and found Couples Resorts. We are totally sold on the package but are now trying to decide if we want to go to Negril or Swept Away for our honeymoon. We want to be able to relax (as I'm sure we will be exhausted from wedding planning), but also want to have the ability and convenience of being able to plan and schedule activities easily. I have read that CSA is more laid back and am nervous that I might feel like it's too laid back. I'm thinking Negril might be a safer choice. What would you all recommend and why? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We've been to all four Couples Resorts and CN in particular 14 times. Neither resort is more laid back, more active, more social, more [insert adjective here]. While each resort is unique, Couples tries to foster a similar atmosphere at all of its resorts, but in truth, whether one resort is more laid back than another depends largely upon the guests staying at a given resort in any particular week. In our numerous stays at CN, we've found it to be completely laid back on occasions, very active on others, and annoying loud on one unfortunate trip.

People in various forums have a tendency to advocate for their favorite by asserting that "their" resort is better, and this includes people who haven't been to any of the others. You can have a great time at any of the four resorts; if CN is the resort that appeals to you the most, then choose that resort, but if you like CSA, then don't be deterred by some ridiculous comment from a stranger who was probably trying to say that CSA was better/more relaxing.

Your vacation can be as laid back or as active as you'd like at ANY of the four resorts. Choose the resort that appeals to you the most, and don't worry. You'll have a wonderful honeymoon. Congratulations in advance.
    Last edited by Pamela; August 25th, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela - Right once again!!!! Everyone that asks which resort they should chose should be mandated to read this reply. Absolutly right on!!!!

You might as well just flip a coin! You will not be disappointed!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

For us there is no comparison, CSA all the way. CN just didn't do it. Others will tell you the exact opposite. Read, look at lots of pictures, and then pick the one that calls to you.

Joa,
    I can only speak from experience, we had our honeymoon at CSA and it was absolutely PERFECT! The thing I personally enjoy about CSA is that it doesn't have that hotel feel, there are no hallways all the rooms face the ocean (not all have a full on view but most do) CSA has a charm about it, the beach is amazing it is only a short walk from many bars and restaurants on long bay. CSA is laid back but if you can do as much or as little as you want at the martini bar, the activities every night, the aura bar or the patois bar. CN is more pool focused CSA is more beach focused. Go to whichever calls you and you feel more drawn to but of course I am a CSA advocate because we have never been disappointed by it.
    Erika & Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    You might as well just flip a coin! You will not be disappointed!!
    we've been flipping that coin for weeks now lol we are going with our first "oh wow, look at that" which was CSA Now it's just deciding which veranda suite to get

I think "you" are the one that will make the trip how you want it to be. We were at CN with two other couples. Some nights we did things together and other night we were on our own. If your up to meeting new people you can get them to hang out later if you want. We did alot during the day and were back in our room most nights between 9 and 10PM. Like stated above, you can't make a wrong choice in any Couples Resort that you choose. There are some minor differences between the two resorts. CSA is bigger than CN. Look at the maps for both places and you can see how they are laid out. Both have the same activities that I am aware of. Were heading back next June to get married. Were taking about 40 friends too this time.

If you can I.would recommend a beachfront verandah or atrium.
    Erika & Sean

Quote Originally Posted by EinWI View Post
    . . . . CN is more pool focused CSA is more beach focused . . . .
    I disagree. CN has a large pool at the center of the resort, and CSA has two smaller pools at either end, but that doesn't mean that CN is more "pool focused." At either resort, you'll see some people who spend most of their time at the beach, and others who spend most of their time at the pool.

In our 14 trips to CN, we have spent most of the day, every day, at the beach, and there are generally more people on the beach at CN than at the pool.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

You will get many answers for this question. Everyone has their own favorite for many different reasons. My best advice for you is to research, research, research both resorts. One of them will call to you. I feel you will have a wonderful honeymoon which ever you pick. I have never been to CSA, we always chose CN. But from what I have read, CSA sounds wonderful also. Best wishes for your wedding and have a wonderful honeymoon.