Default Problem with Romance Rewards and Split Stay

We are going back to CN this year for our 6th time. This year we decided to do a split stay. We are going to CSS -July 29th for 3nts. and then over to CN for an additional 7nts. (Aug. 01-08th)
    We are Romance Rewards members with 29 points. When i went to pre-check in with my rewards I had to register for each resort individually.
    I am only looking to redeem my credit perks at CN. The website did not give me that option.
    I also noticed that at my Passionate Level I am entitled to a $100.00USD check on a stay of 7nts. or longer(received it last year upon check-out). However, it states that if you do a split between 2 resorts you need at least 7nts. at EACH resort. This year I feel as though I am being penalized for trying CSS for 3nts. It doesn't make any sense.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    I did e-mail the Romance Rewards department regarding my problem and I just received a cut and paste reply about needing 7nights at each resort.
    I also just tried calling the 800 Number on the Rewards card and got a full mailbox message.
    Looking forward to some repeaters responses.
    Yeah!! -only 8 more days!!

Thanks,
    Debbie -NJ

Hi Debbie,

Sorry, Romance Rewards benefits may not be split between properties. There is just no way for us to credit one resort with unused perks from another resort.

Couples Resorts

Randy,
    I"m in the same situation as Deb. We're staying 3 nights at CSS then 7 nights at CSA. I was assuming I'd be receiving my full passionate love level rewards at CSA(including the $100 at check out) since we'll be there for 7 nights. I wasn't sure what benefits we'd get at CSS. Can you clarify this? I can't imagine that we'd have to stay 7 nights at CSS to qualify for the full perks at CSA(which I think is what Deb was led to believe) At least thats how I read her question.

I'm not really understanding your problem. You should receive the $100 departure check for your 7 nights at CN but not the three at CSS otherwise all RR perks remain the same. What are you not getting by splitting since you are doing 7 nights at CN?
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

You'll receive returning guest perks at each resort. Because you're staying 7 nights at CN, you will receive the $100 for your stay there. You will not receive a check from CSS, however, because your stay there is considered a separate 3-day reservation. You're not being penalized; the explanation is just written poorly. You will receive a check for your 7-night stay at CN.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Randymon, would it be possible for Debbie to just use her Romance Rewards perks at CN only?

Just curious.

Karin

Thanks Pamela!! I believe you answered my question.

I was looking for clarification on the $100.00 check upon departure for stays of 7nts.or longer. I was pretty sure that I would get it upon check-out at CN, but it is worded poorly and I didn't get a clear answer from the Rewards Dept.

Randymon misunderstood the question. I didn't even realize that I could get all the other perks at both resorts. I was not looking to take my unused massage perk or maybe gift shop credit and transfer it to CN.

Our time at CSS will be short.Come this time next week I'm sure we will be busy trying to see and enjoy everything CSS has to offer.

Deb-NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Randymon, would it be possible for Debbie to just use her Romance Rewards perks at CN only?

Just curious.

Karin
    No you can not transfer perks between resorts they are each their own financial entity.
    Shari & James

I would not use my RR number at CSS and use it at CN. This should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari and James View Post
    No you can not transfer perks between resorts they are each their own financial entity.
    Hi Shari and James, never meant to imply that they be transferred from one resort to the other, just was wondering if because they will be at CN for 7 nights, why they would not be able to receive their perks while at CN. That was all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Hi Shari and James, never meant to imply that they be transferred from one resort to the other, just was wondering if because they will be at CN for 7 nights, why they would not be able to receive their perks while at CN. That was all.
    I'm still confused? You get all your perks at whatever perk level you are at at both resorts when doing a split stay. It just took a 7 night stay to get the $500 bonus when you booked that special.
    Shari & James

Sorry to cause such confusion with this.

Anyone who is going and doing a split stay should pre check-in for both resorts and you will be able to receive all your perks at each resort.

This is what I questioned: "For vacations involving two or more resorts a minimum stay of 7nts. at EACH resort is required in order to be eligible for THE check."

As Pamela mentioned it is just worded odd.

Doing the split stay that I am doing for 10nts. does entitled me to the $100.00 check upon checking out at CN.

I assume if you did 7nts. at CSS AND 7nts. at CN you would receive a check at each resort.

Deb-NJ

Deb, you got it!
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We would LOVE to have this problem.

Enjoy both your stays. All will be good.

Default split trip- romance rewards

Hi, don't know if anyone can help with a related question-

We are spending one week in negril and the next in Sans Souci for our honeymoon - presumably if each part of a split trip is classed as a separate reservation, then after we check out of negril, we will be eligible for the young love repeaters benefits at Sans Souci. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jenecho View Post
    Hi, don't know if anyone can help with a related question-

We are spending one week in negril and the next in Sans Souci for our honeymoon - presumably if each part of a split trip is classed as a separate reservation, then after we check out of negril, we will be eligible for the young love repeaters benefits at Sans Souci. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks
    It takes one month after you stay for your romance rewards account to be credited for your stay so probably not but worth asking about at CSS because I've found CSS to be the best of the four resorts when it comes to special requests. Mr. B runs a tight ship!
    Shari & James