Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    287

    Default Trip from Negril to MBJ

    How is the road on the return trip to the airport? When we were there in February, there was lots of construction just outside of Montego Bay and the resort scheduled everyone's departure extra early to compensate for the detour. Any updates???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    We were just there in July and it seems to have gotten better. We did not have to leave extra early on our return trip.We didn't see any big construction problems.

  3. #3

    Default The trip

    Last February it took nearly 2 hours because of traffic and construction. We are returning in February and are considering the charter flight from Montego Bay to Negril. Has anyone used it? Flight is 20mins?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    ... We are returning in February and are considering the charter flight from Montego Bay to Negril. Has anyone used it? Flight is 20mins?
    We've used it and, as you noted on the other thread, the flight time is closer to 15 minutes usually.
    There is the added time of getting to the airport, waiting on the plane (possibly), loading bags and yourselves, etc., but it still typically is faster than the shuttle.

    Oxbgirl,
    We didn't note the difference in departure times because we were taking TimAir. However, I've seen several articles the past few months in the Gleaner/Observer that show MoBay residents protesting the slow progress of construction on some of the main roads in MoBay, including Norman Manley blvd so there may still be some issues.

  5. #5

    Default

    What's the cost and how do you schedule that hop? I understand that since most, like ours, departures are at 7 am. That seems like a rough punishment for having taken a vacation! I assume the charter can be one way or the other or both?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darin and Tammy View Post
    What's the cost and how do you schedule that hop? I understand that since most, like ours, departures are at 7 am. That seems like a rough punishment for having taken a vacation! I assume the charter can be one way or the other or both?
    Lately rates have been just above $100 US per person each way. Yes, you can book round trip or one way.
    Search online for "TimAir" and you'll find their site, which has a link for requesting quotes and confirming online.
    Their competitor offered a slight discount for booking round trip, but the business folded and TimAir hasn't offered any break as of late.

    If you mean your departure flight from MBJ is at 7AM, you may have an issue taking a flight from Negril to MBJ that early as there are no runway lights at the Negril Aerodrome so they only operate during daylight hours.
    Last edited by rudi; September 27th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Spike and I did!!! Maybe we will see you this February again, it was a great flight. Send me an e mail when you can.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-n-Lisa View Post
    Last February it took nearly 2 hours because of traffic and construction. We are returning in February and are considering the charter flight from Montego Bay to Negril. Has anyone used it? Flight is 20mins?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •