Default The Palms or Patois

We are having about 35-40 guests at our wedding in November. I'm trying to decide which restaurant would be better for dinner following the ceremony. Does one have a smaller, more intimate feel? Is the food better at one? I noticed the Palms has entertainment. I do know that neither of these would be private, any input would be great. Thanks you

Patois Patio has a more small, intimate feel while the Palms is a larger facility. At the same time you could have an area set up at the Palms for your wedding party to enjoy dinner. While we were there in April we saw a wedding reception/dinner done at the Palms and it was very nice in that the band providing the entertainment announced the newlyweds who entered the dance floor for their first dance. Hope this helps!

Bart & Bug

Default Palms vs. Patois

Personally, I prefer Patois. I think the food is better there and I like the ambience better. The tricky thing is, I think someone posted that they now require reservations. If you decide on there, I would check with the front desk as soon as you got there if you could get a group that big in or maybe email the wedding coordinator. You can always go to the Palms afterwards for the entertainment.

how are you going to have a small intimate feel with 40 people?

Patios everytime for the food

If you would like to dance, definetely the Palms. Wonderful dance floor. You could even have dinner at the Tai restaurant upstairs which is more of a romantic feel, of course if they can accomodate such a large group. You need reservations for that restaurant. But the Palms is wonderful. Patios is quiet, nice, but won't have any music or dancing. Food is great at any of the restaurants. I personally would pick The Palms.

Even though I prefer the food at Patois, for a wedding reception I'd choose the Palms. I think it's better suited for a group to sit together,and I"m pretty sure there is still an area back by the stage that is a bit seperate from the rest of the Palms that may be big enough for your group. And as others have said ,there's built in entertainment and a dance floor. I also feel the ambiance there is better for a wedding reception.

Eat at Patois and then go to Palms for the nighttime entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Patois Patio has a more small, intimate feel while the Palms is a larger facility. At the same time you could have an area set up at the Palms for your wedding party to enjoy dinner. While we were there in April we saw a wedding reception/dinner done at the Palms and it was very nice in that the band providing the entertainment announced the newlyweds who entered the dance floor for their first dance. Hope this helps!

Bart & Bug
    We must have been there at the same time in April. If so, we saw a group (maybe the same one) that had a very nice area of the Palms for what was obviously a rather large group of wedding guests. We had a table rather close to them and I remember my wife commenting on what a nice location it was for a group, near the band yet in their own area of the restaurant. I can't recall a semi-private area at Patois.

Quote Originally Posted by rjammin View Post
    We must have been there at the same time in April. If so, we saw a group (maybe the same one) that had a very nice area of the Palms for what was obviously a rather large group of wedding guests. We had a table rather close to them and I remember my wife commenting on what a nice location it was for a group, near the band yet in their own area of the restaurant. I can't recall a semi-private area at Patois.
    We were there April 7-13. I believe it was a rather large wedding party and they were situated over near where the desserts are located and took up almost the complete end of the Palms. We were seated by the dance floor and it was very nice to see the entertainment folk make their first dance special. You're right...it would be difficult to find a semi-private area at Patois that would handle that large a group. Can't wait to go back to CSA in April.

Bart & Bug

Bart and Bug,
    Yep, must have been the same wedding party. We were at CSA April 1-10. I can't remember what day it was because, after 2-3 days at Couples, I tend to forget what day it is. When I reach that point I know I've finally relaxed and realized I'm "home".
    No work, no kids, no stress!! April 2011, please come soon!!

rjammin,
    I believe it was closer to the 10th as I believe it was somewhere in the middle of our trip. You're right...after a couple days it's all a blur and it doesn't matter what day it is. Can't wait to go "home" in April 2011 either. 230 days and you betcha we're counting!!!