Default Reggae Marathon - Dec 2010

I see on the December thread a number of people who will be at CSA for the Reggae Marathon. Thought it would be fun to share information here. I'm planning on the 10K and Paul the half marathon (decided this is a vacation after all).

Has anyone figured out where the start/finish is in relation to CSA? The course map isn't very detailed and we were trying to estimate how long it would take to get to the start that morning. Would love to hear if anyone has information to share about the event.

Karen

Update - found out that CSA is the HQ for many of the marathon activities (pasta party, registration, and the expo) and the start/finish is just 0.3 miles away - not much of a warm up!

Counting down the days, hope to hear from a few others who are at CSA for this event.

Karen & Paul

Default We'll be there!

No, you won't have much of a warm up getting to the start, that's for sure. I'm running the half, and my hubby the full. Hopefully we'll run into each other (no pun intended!) sometime before the race.

-Judy & Rober

Hi Guys! I'm so glad to see this posting! I'll be running the half and hubby will be cheering me on! It'll be nice to meet you all!

Counting down the days, hope everyones training is going well.

One thing we're trying to figure out is getting breakfast on race day. With the race starting at 5:15am, we're wondering if there will be anywhere at CSA to get something like a bagel around 4am? What is everyone else planning to do?

Karen & Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nguc54t View Post
    Counting down the days, hope everyones training is going well.

One thing we're trying to figure out is getting breakfast on race day. With the race starting at 5:15am, we're wondering if there will be anywhere at CSA to get something like a bagel around 4am? What is everyone else planning to do?

Karen & Paul
    Yes there will...

I am a runner, but did not do the reggae last year, but I was at the resort during the time.

What they did was open up palms at like 3:30 and have trays of bagels, fruit, coffee, juice, etc. Lots of healthy choices. There will be no issue getting food before the race.

IACouple,

That's great news; just another way that Couples looks after its family!

Karen & Paul

Thanks IACouple! Thats good to know! I'm getting sooooo excited! Less than a month away now

Looking forward to the race! Kev and I will be walking the half. Not too much longer now.
    Kevin & Angie

My husband and I ran the half in December 2009. It was a great experience. Enjoy and don't miss the fresh coconut milk at the finish!!! P.S. Put bug spray on your legs; it will still be dark at the start line and the bugs were biting.

It will be here before we know it. I am looking forward to the Reggae Marathon race expo and pasta dinner being at CSA. So awesome! Not too long now...is everyone ready for the race?

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

We have the 101st Thanksgiving Day 10K race in Cincinnati on Thursday, and the forecast says cold and wet. Definitely looking forward to all the fun (and warmer weather) in Negril.

Karen & Paul

Completed our 10K in Cincinnati in the rain, but at least it was a mild 54 degrees. Only 4 more days to wait; looking forward to seeing everyone at the pasta party!

Karen & Paul