Default single digits from CSS--q on activities

We are going on our first Couples vacation in about a week and are so excited to finally see CSS in person!

i have a question on certain activities--can someone describe aerobics and aquasize to me? i'm trying to determine if they are enough to call my exercise for the day (i've been to other resorts and the exercise classes were about 7 min long and really, really easy). i understand that this will depend on individual level of fitness. but how long are they? will an average person break a sweat?

i also heard there are bikes one can rent to ride around--is that true? if so, how early in the morning can one get a bike?

last question--for Dunn's River, do we sign up in advance or just show up on the day we want to go? it's been about 10 years since i've gone--what would one wear to go? water shoes, bathing suit and a cover up? i remember getting very wet while there--do you just ride the bus back all wet or is there time to change or dry out?

thank you very much!!!

When we have been at CSS, we usually go to the gym, which is pretty well equipped. The exercise classes (as I was passing by to go to Charlie's Bar for a smoothie), seemed to be moderate intensity, although I rarely saw enough people gathered for a morning session. Hopefully someone else can give you info on the aquasize. Don't forget you can always start a pick-up game of water-volleyball or volleyball on the beach!

I recall the bikes are usually out by 8am or so. You can always ask for assistance at the lobby - the staff are more than happy to help you find what you're looking for.

You do need to sign-up for the Dunn's River tour, so if you have a particular day you want to go, I would recommend checking in at the activities desk when you check in.

Water shoes are a must, but you can rent them at a side-of-the-road without getting off the bus on your way. We have worn crocs, but the water shoes work way better. Definitely wear your bathing suit, and you might consider board shorts or a swim skirt as the guides take a video of the group climbing the falls. Which you can buy if you brought money, so if you want to shop at the vendors, bring a ziploc with $ (but they will accept wet cash too!)

I put a towel and dry T-shirts in a bag and left it on the bus, which wasn't a long ride back, but I was glad we had something to throw on. We had a little wait collecting everyone, so you have time to change if you want to. Hope this helps!

Can't answer you questions about the exercise since I did not partake (I'm on vacation and the steps were enough as far as I was concerned). As far as Duns goes, water shoes and wear you suit. You do get wet climbing the falls. We brought a towel and left it on the bus to dry off with. You do come back wet, but it is a really short trip, so No Problem mon. Enjoy!
    Linda

thank you very much, both of you! i keep forgetting the resort has all those steps! walking is my favorite form of exerise, so walking around, up and down the steps, with my camera should provide plenty of exercise most mornings, i hope!
    cant wait to go!!!

The bikes are free...just take one. They have a long running/biking track around a large pond right on the resort for you to ride on. The bikes are next to the parrots, behind the "A" block of rooms and on the way to Sunset Beach.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Pinkcloud,
    We've not participated in the aquasize classes but from having seen them a few times appeared to be about 45 minutes in length with moderate exertion. As for the aerobics...that one we've done quite a few times. It depends on the instructor, guest vs. resident. Those have lasted about 45 minutes also and can be an intense Step class mixed with intervals, kickboxing or yoga/pilates. All are great workouts with the Step and kickboxing getting your heartrate up and breaking a sweat. The nice part is the aerobics pavilion opens to the ocean with mirrors on the back wall so you'll enjoy the view as you workout. Haven't tried the bicycling and kiki23 did a wonderful job of telling you about Dunn's River Falls.

Enjoy your stay at CSS!!

Bart & Bug

awesome! i like step and kickbox! pilates and yoga won't hurt, either! thank you so much for all the replies! and free bikes=love that!
    i don't think i'll get any sleep for the next week.... too excited!

Winston will kick your butt in the water aquacise class!! My Warriors!!! My husband and I were in the G block and walked around the track every morning for 3 laps. Each one 1/3 mile. Then went to the buffet and then walked back to the track for 3 more laps. My husband actually lost 4 pounds on vacation and I only gained 3 so we were very pleasantly surprised! It was very humid so on the third day, my husband finally realized to grab the washcloth from the room to wipe his forehead throughout the walk. Just like the Jamaicans do!!

Default Dunn's River Falls Excursion

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Can't answer you questions about the exercise since I did not partake (I'm on vacation and the steps were enough as far as I was concerned). As far as Duns goes, water shoes and wear you suit. You do get wet climbing the falls. We brought a towel and left it on the bus to dry off with. You do come back wet, but it is a really short trip, so No Problem mon. Enjoy!
    Heading to CSS in October. Can anyone tell me how long the trip to Dunn's River falls is? I read that we meet in the lobby at 10 AM but when do we get back to the resort? Want to plan on going on a day that we won't miss too much at the resort. Thanks!