Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Clothing optional or nude required

We went to Negril a couple years ago and found that the area set aside for A/N sunning was required NUDE. Which, if any Couples Resorts on Jamaica have areas that allow CLOTHING OPTIONAL. I want to be nude and my wife wants to be topless, and maybe nude, but doesn't want to feel REQUIRED to be nude. Thanks

No Couples resort has an AN/clothing optional beach. There are of course AN beaches where everyone has to be AN and there are areas at all resorts where you can be topless but not AN
    Please understand that if you go to the AN beach and yo both don't get AN you will be asked to leave within a few minutes

Default Personal options

Nobody seemed to care while we were there. My wife did not want to go nude, but she did sit with me on the nude beach. I don't know why clothing optional and all nude don't mix well, but they don't seem to. It would be nice to have those options, especially with couples where one spouse does not want to be nude for one reason or another. I think it would be perfect to have a CO area adjacent to the AN beach. That seems like it would be a win win situation for everybody.

MRG: Your idea of a CO area on the AN beach is a gerat one. This would eliminate any problems with guests not happy either way.
    Now everyone will be happy.

Default exactly!

That

THAT is exactly why we haven't been back to any couples resorts--it's because my wife HAS to be nude all the time if in the A/N area, and she's just not quite comfy with that. Too bad there's not an optional area at at least one resort..........so it goes...

The problem is, some people are not comfortable with some being AN and others not. I for one would not go if it was "clothing optional" I would never feel comfortable that someone isn't over there just to gawk. In my mind I find it hard to understand why someone is OK with going topless, but not AN. The AN experience at couples is not "sexual", it too is for "freedom". I wasn't sure I would go AN either, and I know I would never have gone just topless. But, I agreed to go for my husband. Now I am just as comfortable going AN as I was clothed. But I still don't think I could go topless on any beach. But that is just me, to each their own.

I do think however, that there are just as many who would not go if the area was CO as there are those that won't go because there is no CO area. Like I said to each their own.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    The problem is, some people are not comfortable with some being AN and others not. I for one would not go if it was "clothing optional" I would never feel comfortable that someone isn't over there just to gawk. In my mind I find it hard to understand why someone is OK with going topless, but not AN. The AN experience at couples is not "sexual", it too is for "freedom". I wasn't sure I would go AN either, and I know I would never have gone just topless. But, I agreed to go for my husband. Now I am just as comfortable going AN as I was clothed. But I still don't think I could go topless on any beach. But that is just me, to each their own.

I do think however, that there are just as many who would not go if the area was CO as there are those that won't go because there is no CO area. Like I said to each their own.

We agree. We wouldn't go if it was clothing optional. The entire vibe on the beach would change and not for the better. The idea of being AN while others were not just wouldn't work for us. I can't imagine laying there AN while a couple were sunning beside us wearing their bathing suits.

Couples has it right. Either you're AN as a couple in this area, or you're not AN as a couple in that area.

ENJOY!!!

We wouldn't go if it were CO either for the reasons stated above. We did the CO at the S resort and it was very uncomfortable.
    Vicky

We agree. CO incorporates possible gawkers. Prefer we're altogether in the altogether.

Bilkat

This is always an interesting discussion that surfaces from time to time.

Generally, it is the folks that do not want to go the "full monty" that are in favor of of allowing textiles on the AN beach. Rarely will you see a strong advocate of allowing textiles on the beach from someone who prefers AN.

If you have experienced being AN on a CO resort you would understand the resistence. We went to Sandals Royal Caribbean once and will probably never go back. I am not very shy and went AN but the wife was uncomfortable being around clothed people while she was nude and chose to leave her suit on. Guests would come over to gawk, attempt to sneak pictures, or snicker at the AN guests. It really is not an ideal environment.

It is even worse on a CO beach not connected with a resort as the gawkers (male and female)are quite apparent and very annoying. E.g. Haulover beach in Miami, Gunnison beach in New Jersey, or Orient beach (Club Orient section) in Saint Martin.

IMHO, if you are a couple with different preferences, one individual will have to defer to the other. Either choose the textile beach where topless is allowed or try the AN experience and realize it really is not a large difference from simply being topless. The major differences will be the nonsexual environment, the great nonjudgemental people, the overwhelming sense of liberation, lack of tanlines, and the comfort of not having a wet swimsuit.

As has been said to each their own but we prefer AN facilities.

Default Co + an

Right now the AN beach adjoins the textile beach. Gawkers are a problem already. Suppose there was a CO area adjacent to the AN area(the same size as the AN area). In that small CO area, couples could still be together, one in a suit and one AN. The remaining beach is for the people who want to wear suits in the water and sun.
    Why wouldn't it work? The AN beach area stays as it is, strictly AN! And that area is fairly secluded. The CO beach area would be less secluded, and couples who hang out there topless or in the nude would have to be tolerant of more gawkers, but both could enjoy their clothing preference. Actually, the addition of a CO beach area might reduce the amount of gawkers further on down in the AN beach.
    People who are not tolerant of the CO or AN areas and do not want to see people in the nude, would simply hangout away from those beaches. Everybody could enjoy paradise at CN in their own way and not break the rules.

I am always amazed at these threads about wanting "clothing optional" when Couples' policies about AN being required in AN areas is clearly and concisely stated on the website.

From the FAQ:

"All au natural areas are NOT clothing optional – therefore no clothing is allowed."

We went to B, next to CN, last Feb. Their CO beach is a great location for privacy, but it's NOT PRIVATE. There were fully clothed guests frequenting the bar/grill, people on the beach (single & couples) in swimsuits and people in swimsuits coming over to snorkle. We found it a little uncomfortable. We much prefer the total AN option at CN. Even though not on a "private" beach, there's no one clothed hanging around.

Couples has it right! All or nothing! Gawkers don't go to nude beaches because they will have to be nude. They will go to a clothing optional beach where they can leave on the suits and enjoy the scenery. Keep nude nude and only nude!

My wife and I go to Sandy Hook NJ she lays on one side of the imaginary line topless and I lay on the other side nude and all works out wellas our shoulders touch right on the line!!!!!

We have experienced both. We were dead against required AN, and really did not understand why Couples did not allow/have C/O. Our first experience was C/O at S's Royal island and there were a couple of others (some nude, some topless, some textiles). Then on our first visit to CN, we did not go onto the AN side. The next year we already had reservations at C's Royal and added a few days back to CN. However this time at the C/O side of Royal's island we were the only couple for a number of days that not textiles -- it was not a comfortable experience. Then when we went to CN, we tried the AN side -- WOW, what a pleasent difference. WE NOW GET IT...

What we observed on our last visit to CN was there were several couples that positioned themselves "on the line". They could talk to each other, go together into the water, yet one was nude and their partner was either suited or topless. That seemed to work for them.

We also really love Couples Swept-Away and would really like to see some area designated as AN -- even if on the sports complex side -- or even just an area for sunning...

couples has it together. while there are a few people who would like to change cn to suit them, the vast majority love cn because it is like it is. we think their policies re an is perfect and appaently so do many many other couples since so many are repeaters. we hope they never change their policies. but of course if occupancy rates ever drop off, we wont blame them if they adjust policies to increase business. but right now, that doesnt seem to be any problem at all.

Default Just imagine

Imagine your first experience AN at CN. The soft sand, warm breeze, hot sun, beautiful water. And your body was as much a part of nature as you could ever hope to be. This new found freedom without the constraints of a wet suit. The good times with others who appreciated this kind of enjoyment that very few people will ever try.
    Now imagine this. Your spouse cannot enjoy this freedom like you can. They don't want to be naked in public, and they don't understand your newfound freedom of expression. And they say to you, "You wont't go over there and leave me over here by myself will you? So, because you love your spouse so much, and don't want to be away from them, you settle your things on the "other" beach. You watch the games and the people, and hear the music, enjoy the sun and the breeze, laugh and talk and read and raise your red flag in the sand when you get thirsty.
    But if you have ever been on the AN beach at CN, you know there is something else missing here.
    With no "buffer zone"(no pun intended)that couple didn't have a place to go where both could enjoy another day in paradise in Jamaica, just the way that they each wanted.
    But they will be back again. Beacause ther is no place like CN.

Winlove:

What a great testimony to how and why Couples has kept the current AN policy. It brings couples and people together. Really glad you got it!

Bilkat

C/O always gets abused by gawkers where AN is less likely to be abused as everyone (including the gawkers) MUST be AN to be on the beach.

I hope Couples keeps the AN beaches exactly how they are without any changes to the rules.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Default Clothing Optiomal ?

Absolutly not. This is a NUDE beach it is not clothing optional -and is labeled as such. The entire rest of the beach is topless - the AU NATURAL Beach is just that. You and your partner must make a decision which side of the fence you want to be on. This Resort is first class, and run professionally - an amazing visit no mater which side of the fence you are on !!!

Default Right on Iowa Smiles 1

The nude beach at CN is great and I wouldn't want it to change in any way. It is just perfect. And you are right! That area should be for people who want to be in the nude. And the rest of the beach is topless and/or textile for those people. But if I want to be in the nude, and my wife doesn't where could we go? Do you think it would ruin the AN beach by making a small part right next to it CO? What kind of affect would it have? It is already a topless area and a textile area. Couldn't it be CO as well, and not have any affect whatsoever on the AN area? Just my thoughts and feelings coming forth.

One love

Quote Originally Posted by mrg View Post
    The nude beach at CN is great and I wouldn't want it to change in any way. It is just perfect. And you are right! That area should be for people who want to be in the nude. And the rest of the beach is topless and/or textile for those people. But if I want to be in the nude, and my wife doesn't where could we go? Do you think it would ruin the AN beach by making a small part right next to it CO? What kind of affect would it have? It is already a topless area and a textile area. Couldn't it be CO as well, and not have any affect whatsoever on the AN area? Just my thoughts and feelings coming forth.

One love
    Hey mrg. if I understand your suggestion correctly, have a CO area on the non-AN beach just on the other side of the fence from the AN section, this sounds like a reasonable option. One complication I can see for the resort is that this is the area where they have their weddings. The having nude bodies wandering around in this area may not be appreciated by all the brides and grooms.

In the end I still think things are fine just the way they are at CN.

ENJOY!!!

Default weddings

Roclin, since you bring that up, I do remember there were a few weddings really close to the AN area when we were there last. I guess that shoots that idea for a CO area. What am I going to do? Can't wait to return to CN though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast